What's new

Does Pakistan have an Afghan strategy?

could Pk formulate a new strategy by supporting the northern alliance who BTW enjoy support from US, Russia, India and probably China and all the NATO countries. This will entail Pakistan giving up on its support to the Afg Taliban but this alternative strategy might prove beneficial to Pakistan and to Afg as well.

Pak Supporting Northern Alliance is not feasible at all , it might sound great but not realistic in nature ..... US,NATO,India,Russia will continue to support them where as Pak will try hope that US, NATO leave AFG at the earliest so that they can go back to the pre 9/11 situation which again is difficult for pak to achieve ...its a tricky situation for them for sure!

Pak Supporting Northern Alliance is not feasible at all , it might sound great but not realistic in nature ..... US,NATO,India,Russia will continue to support them where as Pak will try hope that US, NATO leave AFG at the earliest so that they can go back to the pre 9/11 situation which again is difficult for pak to achieve ...its a tricky situation for them for sure!

Agreed - that's why desperate times need desperate measures - the author of the articles puts it very succinctly that Pakistan does not have time on its hands to wait for the world to leave from Afg.

I have an important query for Pakistani members here,

What were the reasons that ISI and PA were so Anti - Ahmed Ahah Mehsood???

We don't keep strategies fro brothers,just love and affection.

come on, that's not the answer for the predicament. What is Pakistan's strategy vis a vis Afghanistan?

I have an important query for Pakistani members here,

What were the reasons that ISI and PA were so Anti - Ahmed Ahah Mehsood???

Mehsood was against the Taliban and was fighting them right??

Pakistan does not seem to have a strategy. Its a country in limbo. Ruled by a political mafia which is only obsessed to loot and plunder before they return to their homes in UAE or Europe. So if the vision is just to loot and make laws to protect corruption in previous stints, strategy is too big an ask.

But Pakistan is indispensable. So in any conflict or peace initiative, its support is required.

Pakistan leaders, military and civilians, are very bad at communicating with their people. It leaves a lot us frustrated and groping for answers. In the end, we all get frustrated and head to PDF to vent our frustration and despondency :) :)

No one has Afghan strategy.

Not even Afghans have a strategy for their fing territory. Such is the sad state of affairs.

In a primitive tribal land, the only strategy is carry as big of a gun as possible.

Shoot the damn monkey who carries a smaller gun.

And hide (and pray for your life) from the chimp who has the bigger one .

Strategies in the modern sense are only made for regions that are civilized. Primitive people cannot have one.

peace.

No one has Afghan strategy.

Not even Afghans have a strategy for their fing territory. Such is the sad state of affairs.

In a primitive tribal land, the only strategy is carry as big of a gun as possible.

Shoot the damn monkey who carries a smaller gun.

And hide (and pray for your life) from the chimp who has the bigger one .

Strategies in the modern sense are only made for regions that are civilized. Primitive people cannot have one.

peace.

loll i think u didnt completely understand the topic.

india has a strategy for afghan and i am sure afghanis have some for themselves too.

I have been suggesting one for the longest time, Pakistan should make a deal with Russia:

- Pakistan and Afghanistan will both join Putin's Eurasia Union and will urge Iran to do the same (Mongolia should join too, but not relevant here)
- All 4 new countries joining Eurasian Union get full strategic and military protection from any threat from outside power
- in return Russian relation with any non-member country must be agreed to by all member states of this expanded Eurasian union, as is natural and common for any regional union

Problem solved. Pakistan will never have to worry about Indian threat again.

Win-win for all, because the region will stabilize and no more worries about "terrrist" safe haven here.

I see more Hindustanians comment on this thread instead of Pakistanis. Kinda weird.

We would have been lesser interested in Afghanistan, if that plane hijack in Kathmandu had never happened.

I have been suggesting one for the longest time, Pakistan should make a deal with Russia:

- Pakistan and Afghanistan will both join Putin's Eurasia Union and will urge Iran to do the same (Mongolia should join too, but not relevant here)
- All 4 new countries joining Eurasian Union get full strategic and military protection from any threat from outside power
- in return Russian relation with any non-member country must be agreed to by all member states of this expanded Eurasian union, as is natural and common for any regional union

Problem solved. Pakistan will never have to worry about Indian threat again.

Win-win for all, because the region will stabilize and no more worries about "terrrist" safe haven here.
you are not even funny anymore ...

Back
Top Bottom