What's new

Dollar will be 255 now in pakistan?

I think I am not understanding your explanation. if you say 'official channels' from U.S. to Pakistan, then it becomes interbank money and will get interbank rate. Once it reaches a Pakistan bank, it can't be taken out illegally due to all the FATF regulations that Pakistan has implemented recently. So, the money has to travel outside the banking channel. Like, someone carrying cash in a suitcase and paying the customs officials a bribe to look away.
unofficial channels means any unregulated channels used by buyer seller. for example , p2p or face to face dealing, without involvement of any exchange or bank. here the rate can be determined how badly the buyer seller need to buy or sell the dollar. black market means in/out transfer of money through hawala channels. this way the dollar does not shown up inside the country. example a person A from dubai transfer his dollar to person B in dubai, while acquitance / guarrantor of person B transfer ruppe to person A acquintance/ family member.

That is what surprises me too. $1 billion may buy one month's worth of imports. So, maybe Pakistan can push February, March. Then what? Still 9 months in 2023. Then 2024. Where does this end?
let the fiscal year end you would be surprise these loans are nothing we are short of what we were generating in exports and remittance and ever after taking these loans wouldn't able to cover.

Honestly the fault can be blamed on the fonding fathers of the state I think. Look how painfully the American fathers planned it all out to ensure there would be no king or military take overs. They consulted greek works, islamic works, roman works, gathering the knowledge from all sides to combine the best of all governance systems. Say what you want, but the US does have somewhat a functioning democracy. Our founding fathers didnt have a vision and made no safeguards. Even the empires of antiquity had reforms that spanned and held the nation together for centuries.
That is after 200+ years of existence as a country with countless wars, a massive civil war which killed 600,000 Americans, apartheid, civil rights and god knows how many other evolutions.

We are a relatively young nation with a significant portion of our population that is uneducated and unable to understand its own rights and fight for them within the confines of our constitution. Unlike Americans, we are divided into countless ethnicities, clans, tribes and sub-cultures with the only thing holding us together is religion. As such, Pakistan was a miracle when it came into existence and it is a miracle to this day as dysfunctional as it is.

We cannot compare ourselves to even East Pakistanis because they are one ethnic group. It is challenging enough for them to stick together but certainly a lot easier than the menagerie that we have cobbled up in Pakistan.

let the fiscal year end you would be surprise these loans are nothing we are short of what we were generating in exports and remittance and ever after taking these loans wouldn't able to cover.

Pakistan’s Economic Reality Post-IMF Involves Difficult Decisions And No Room For Political Buffoonery​

This will be a growing up experience. Staying away from home and no support from parents.
This has been the case for as long as Pakistan has existed, but because of its ability (or luck) to seek geopolitical rent, the country has always stayed afloat. This time around, however, the equation has changed drastically as there is no war in the neighborhood nor is money being pumped in through projects like CPEC.

In democratic society if you don't speak up then this will happen...

Majority people made fun of whatever good was going on...

Army removed IK govt because they felt it was bad and widely unpopular

People understimated how hard it was for IK to maintain the economy in tough times of COVID and post COVID inflation.

Now they got the taste of things even though things are pretty good elsewhere

Look at India it's doing great

My advise is don't blame anyone else

Blame yourself

We were called youthias

Now it's our time to say "I told you so"

Now vote for JI another lackey of establishment so you can't get more chatrool

Especially true for people of Karachi
I agree. majority of our people voted for JI because they want the maintenance of roads. This is why they voted for JI. I voted for PTI but unfortunately, they lost. The thing is I can't change people. people are mostly uneducated. Even the educated don't think about the country. they only think about jobs, roads, infrastructure, etc. JI promised all such things. It's easy to fool these people.

my question remains the same. who is the establishment and what is the role of the establishment in Pakistan? How can they remove the elected government and send a prisoner van? This is like a jungle. People are now waiting for civil war.

I agree. majority of our people voted for JI because they want the maintenance of roads. This is why they voted for JI. I voted for PTI but unfortunately, they lost. The thing is I can't change people. people are mostly uneducated. Even the educated don't think about the country. they only think about jobs, roads, infrastructure, etc. JI promised all such things. It's easy to fool these people.

my question remains the same. who is the establishment and what is the role of the establishment in Pakistan? How can they remove the elected government and send a prisoner van? This is like a jungle. People are now waiting for civil war.

Banana republic with law of the Jungle.

Establishment is military leadership, Agency leadership, influential people including Judges, industrialists, elite families and Feudal lords.

An

JI is now going form a govt with PPPP.

I simply can't believe how can someone be this dumb.

Dumb societies people don't deserve to survive.. people deserve what it's going to get next 12-18 months with inflation running 30%

This is despite the fact that there is no global recession or global inflation any more(check latest USA figures)

Love based on money is not love at all but it is called greed.

Paid supporters don't understand this.
Agree sir.
I am with you.

Pakistan’s Economic Reality Post-IMF Involves Difficult Decisions And No Room For Political Buffoonery​

This will be a growing up experience. Staying away from home and no support from parents.
This has been the case for as long as Pakistan has existed, but because of its ability (or luck) to seek geopolitical rent, the country has always stayed afloat. This time around, however, the equation has changed drastically as there is no war in the neighborhood nor is money being pumped in through projects like CPEC.

No matter what Pakistan does at this point. It will default.

No matter what Pakistan does at this point. It will default.
That is easy. What to do after that? People still have to eat. They need fuel to move around. They need medicines to heal. Hanging 'Defaulted' on the door will not keep the wolf from the door.

Back
Top Bottom