What's new

Dollar will be 255 now in pakistan?

You know what upsets me:-
1) the PTI had already free floated the rupee and it was stable at 170-
2) it went down under Miftah to 220 because Miftah understood that you cannot control prices like Dar wants to
3) even though I am pro-PTI like an idiot I kept insisting that Miftah was doing only what was necessary- yes that nobody trusted the PDM in overseas and the remittances would go down but that the other things were right
4) intact Miftah brought primary CAD down to half a billion dollars a month (even with the loss in remittances post PDM change)
5) then like an idiot we kept shouting that Dar shouldn’t control the rate. He did anyways. Noonie brigade was so happy for Dar to come but he made situation worse by trying to decrease the rate.
6) controlling rate lead to further decrease in exports and remittances - in addition imf told him w.t.f.
7) the increase in rate right now from having stabilized at 220 to ~255 is totally due to Dar. It’s his pea sized intellect that’s responsible for this stupidity
8) what has the establishment done right in the last 8-9 months? If anyone know, please reply here

@RiazHaq

Naween Mangi of Businessweek idescribed how Pakistan's informal cash-based economy evades government's radar, illustrating it with the story of a tire repair shop owner Muhammad Nasir. Nasir steals water and electricity from utility companies,.....

It seems to be working fine for Pakistanis. Well, if it ain't broke, dont fix it.

Regards

@RiazHaq

Naween Mangi of Businessweek idescribed how Pakistan's informal cash-based economy evades government's radar, illustrating it with the story of a tire repair shop owner Muhammad Nasir. Nasir steals water and electricity from utility companies,.....

It seems to be working fine for Pakistanis. Well, if it ain't broke, dont fix it.

Regards

Only Its Broken and they don't know how to fix it.

Do you see why foreign countries including our Arab brother countries don’t want to invest in Pakistan? It’s two face attitude of our establishment.

They have destroyed Pakistan. Had they put their enormous ego aside, and allowed PTI government to complete 5 years, we would have been in much better situation.

No matter what Pakistan does at this point. It will default.
It won't there are enough remittance and exports structure developed. Oil is half at what it was in IK time and inflation s down

But if it continues may be next yr
It would have already but oil prices cut half from 120 barrel to 70-80

An

JI is now going form a govt with PPPP.

I simply can't believe how can someone be this dumb.

Dumb societies people don't deserve to survive.. people deserve what it's going to get next 12-18 months with inflation running 30%

This is despite the fact that there is no global recession or global inflation any more(check latest USA figures)

Agree sir.
I am with you.
I live among real karachiites. I know how dumb they are. just promise them something like infrastructure etc and they will vote for it. There is no awareness. They can even vote for Altaf if he lands in Karachi. These people can easily be fooled. All they want is 9 to 5 jobs so that they can do even more corruption in their respective institutes. Even educated talk about JI and how good they are. Most of the religious mullahs also support Ji. I mean this society is crazy. In a civilized world, people vote because they want the system to become better. Here the opposite is happening and nobody is worried about bankruptcy of Pakistan. They have gold, dollars, and lots of money in their houses but they cry outside that they are poor. It's so shameful.

Not stoping at 255 now.

With PTI still in govt and Imran Khan not doing stupid petrol/electricity subsidy, it would have stayed around Rs200 despite external pressure.
FneHBqyaIAEptLr

Majumdar sahib,

What you claim here is a total misreading of what I have written.

Informal economy can not function in the absence of an effective state .

Informal economy also requires basic infrastructure to operate.

It needs electricity, water, telecommunications, roads, etc.

Naween Mangi of Businessweek in her piece titled "The Secret Strength of Pakistan's Economy" described how Pakistan's informal cash-based economy evades government's radar, illustrating it with the story of a tire repair shop owner Muhammad Nasir. Nasir steals water and electricity from utility companies, receives cash from his customers in return for his services and issues no receipts, pays cash for his cable TV connection, and pays off corrupt police and utility officials and local politicians instead of paying utility bills and taxes.

Informal economies are considered a net negative because you can't tax them and increases the budget deficit.

Not stoping at 255 now.

With PTI still in govt and Imran Khan not doing stupid petrol/electricity subsidy, it would have stayed around Rs200 despite external pressure.
FneHBqyaIAEptLr
Reserves & CAD were well controlled
Petrol subsidies tackle inflation and causes deficit not cad

Back
Top Bottom