What's new

Egypt and Serbia sign a protocol of cooperation in the military field

According to some info from Serbian forums, at the start of this month Lazar 3 went to Egypt for testing. Vehicle sent was without any kind of armament, and it is expected that Egypt will integrate its own 30mm turret. According to some unconfirmed info Egypt is interested in 150 Lazar 3 vehicles, and Serbia is interested in 30mm turrets, since previously selected Russian turrets are no longer an option.

There is a video of Lazar being loaded to UR-FSE at Belgrade airport, and then flying in the direction of Egypt and turning off the transponder just before entering Egypt air space.

You can see on the image attached that something that looks like Denel Agrab 120mm Mobile Mortar Platform wasl loaded to this plane at the same time with Lazar 3.
Screenshot_2.png

There is a video of Lazar being loaded to UR-FSE at Belgrade airport, and then flying in the direction of Egypt and turning off the transponder just before entering Egypt air space.

Wow, that's crazy. Why do you think there is all this secrecy? Are there sanctions or restrictions on Serbia selling or any nation purchasing military equipment from Serbia?

Wow, that's crazy. Why do you think there is all this secrecy? Are there sanctions or restrictions on Serbia selling or any nation purchasing military equipment from Serbia?
Westerns and NATO countries don't have sanctions or problems with Serbia (maybe in the past). Even Serbia was interested to buy Bayraktar TB2 from Turkey and Rafales/Eurofighter from France or from the UK. So now they are "friends". Exactly the same thing to buy Belarussian hardware because till now I think Westerners didn't sanction Belarus.

According to some info from Serbian forums, at the start of this month Lazar 3 went to Egypt for testing. Vehicle sent was without any kind of armament, and it is expected that Egypt will integrate its own 30mm turret. According to some unconfirmed info Egypt is interested in 150 Lazar 3 vehicles, and Serbia is interested in 30mm turrets, since previously selected Russian turrets are no longer an option.

You can see on the image attached that something that looks like Denel Agrab 120mm Mobile Mortar Platform wasl loaded to this plane at the same time with Lazar 3.View attachment 861881
You have any ideas about ALAS missile project? Because the last time I heard about it, a Serbian guy told me that Serbia cancelled the project. This project is so ambitious to be cancelled.

Last edited:

You can see on the image attached that something that looks like Denel Agrab 120mm Mobile Mortar Platform wasl loaded to this plane at the same time with Lazar 3.View attachment 861881
I cannot thank you enough sir we had zero information about the nature of the cooperation between both countries to work with.
Although iam curious on the absloute secrecy surrounding this topic

Last edited:
Serbia is not under any kind of sanctions, but have in mind that we are not the most popular country in the west right now. We are refusing to follow EU sanctions against Russia, and just last week we have also refused to join new EU restriction measures against Iran, being the only EU candidate country to do so. So even though we are not under any kind of sanctions, I would not be surprised by EU/NATO countries creating problems for us.

So they were a bit secretive, but as far as I can see measures like this are only effective against the general public, and it got leaked even to the general public :)

You have any ideas about ALAS missile project? Because the last time I heard about it, a Serbian guy told me that Serbia cancelled the project. This project is so ambitious to be cancelled.
As far as I know the project was not canceled. ALAS XX is also a part of a modernization program for Serbian Army MLRS Oganj. Edepro, the company developing ALAS, recently released a new company website, and ALAS is there.

Last edited:
Although iam curious on the absloute secrecy surrounding this topic
I believe that it’s related to this being the initial stage, for now it’s just testing, and they probably did not wish to get unnecessary publicity. Plus everything related to the situation the world is currently in…

Serbia is not under any kind of sanctions, but have in mind that we are not the most popular country in the west right now. We are refusing to follow EU sanctions against Russia, and just last week we have also refused to join new EU restriction measures against Iran, being the only EU candidate country to do so. So even though we are not under any kind of sanctions, I would not be surprised by EU/NATO countries creating problems for us.

So they were a bit secretive, but as far as I can see measures like this are only effective against the general public, and it got leaked even to the general public :)

Thanks for the reply, that makes a lot of sense. The Lazar 3 is excellent. If I am not mistaken, most IFV and APCs in the Egyptian army are up to 6x6s. This would be the 1st 8x8.

1657967846253.png

1657967359491.png

1657967395341.png

1657967456046.png

1657967532569.png

4 versions of the Lazar 3 from an IFV with a 30mm turret to an SAR MEDIVAC vehicle to a RALAS missile launcher.

1657967690424.png

1657967912496.png

1657967930032.png

1657968105613.png

Thanks for the reply, that makes a lot of sense. The Lazar 3 is excellent. If I am not mistaken, most IFV and APCs in the Egyptian army are up to 6x6s. This would be the 1st 8x8.

View attachment 862333

View attachment 862327

View attachment 862328

View attachment 862330

View attachment 862331

4 versions of the Lazar 3 from an IFV with a 30mm turret to an SAR MEDIVAC vehicle to a RALAS missile launcher.

View attachment 862332

View attachment 862334

View attachment 862335

View attachment 862336
Personally,I like the Lazar II and Lazar I more.

Back
Top Bottom