What's new

English Premier League - Previous Seasons

Lately i have started enjoying Man Utd Matches. There is eagerness to score. Utd was missing this.

Chelsea losing to Sheffield is good for us :yahoo:
yeh addition of bruno fernandes has made UTD exciting again we just need a good winger and a good striker rashford is shit he is at utd just because he is hyped by english press nothing special about him IMO.

yeh man lets just hope we make into CL next season!

Pog and Fernandes a good striker + martial and a winger our attack will be sexy again!

LIVERPOOL
Pre-Burnley Stats

The Reds are seeking a 31st win of the campaign as Jürgen Klopp’s side set their sights on the 100-point mark.

Read on for the key facts and figures provided by club statistician.

Mohamed Salah needs one goal to become the first Liverpool player since Roger Hunt in 1965-66 and only the fourth in Reds history to register 20 league goals in three successive seasons.

The Reds have found the net in 11 of the last 12 matches against the Clarets in the league.

Liverpool are now the only team to record 30 top-flight league wins in a season on three separate occasions and the seventh in total to achieve the feat.

The Reds could equal another club record with a victory. A win will see them register a 12th league ‘double’ in the league this season, a total previously set last season. After this fixture they can still beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle United for a second time in this campaign.

Virgil van Dijk is closing in on becoming the first Liverpool outfield player to be an ever-present in back-to-back league campaigns since Robbie Fowler in 1994-95 and 1995-96. The last (excluding goalkeepers) to start every game in consecutive league seasons was Steve Nicol in 1987-88 and 1988-89.

Liverpool have won all 27 league games this season in which they have scored the first goal.

The Reds have won all 17 of their home league games this season and are aiming to become the first team since Brentford in Division 3 North in 1929-30 to win every home league game of a season.

The Reds have won 192 points from the last possible 219 (88 per cent).

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/401603-pre-burnley-stats-premier-league

Surely every other team NEED to improve and surely next season will be a new one. There are no challenges to that part. However discarding Liverpool for the next season will be a huge mistake (if any one is stupid enough to make it :P). They have developed a taste for it now, a "one season miracle" do not win you 4 trophies in 18 months. Here is an overview of Liverpool's performance over last FOUR years:

2016/17
4th position in PL
2017/18 4th position in PL, Champions League Runner Up
2018/19 2nd position in PL losing title by one point while getting 97 points, Champions League Winners, went on to win European Super Cup AND FIFA Club world cup
2019/2020 1st in Premier League.

The team means business. Yes no one is to say that they will win a CL or PL next season but anyone thinking they wont do it is just hiding from the facts (being a ManU fan :P)

Yeah, third largest club in PL, 5 millions behind the second placed Manchester City and having posted profits for 2-3 years cannot afford to spend money. Wait you must be a ManUER fan right? :cheesy:
These stats are irrelevant in predicting Liverpool's chances next season, or in creating a dominant legacy.

What matters is form at the start of the season - we have seen that Liverpool can be undone, almost without warning. Second to form, squad strength matters. At the moment, if any of: Salah, van Dijk or TAA are injured, Liverpool are in immediate trouble. These players have no replacement in the squad and to a degree have no replacement anywhere. This is why Liverpool's strategy of focusing their team's approach around individual star player dependency is inferior to Man City's approach of moulding players into a team ethic. Sterling and Mahrez, Aguero and Jesus, Silva and Foden - the squad approach is evident all over the pitch. This is what creates a legacy and this is what Utd used to have when they dominated.

I can guarantee you that Klopp - while he has excellent charisma and player management - will fail to build his squad appropriately. Minamino is hardly a suitable stand-in for any of his top line of attackers. The young players aren't convincing either.

I can see Liverpool surrendering their title next season. Check in back with me in a year.

These stats are irrelevant in predicting Liverpool's chances next season, or in creating a dominant legacy.

What matters is form at the start of the season - we have seen that Liverpool can be undone, almost without warning. Second to form, squad strength matters. At the moment, if any of: Salah, van Dijk or TAA are injured, Liverpool are in immediate trouble. These players have no replacement in the squad and to a degree have no replacement anywhere. This is why Liverpool's strategy of focusing their team's approach around individual star player dependency is inferior to Man City's approach of moulding players into a team ethic. Sterling and Mahrez, Aguero and Jesus, Silva and Foden - the squad approach is evident all over the pitch. This is what creates a legacy and this is what Utd used to have when they dominated.

I can guarantee you that Klopp - while he has excellent charisma and player management - will fail to build his squad appropriately. Minamino is hardly a suitable stand-in for any of his top line of attackers. The young players aren't convincing either.

I can see Liverpool surrendering their title next season. Check in back with me in a year.
I agree. Take the 3 or 4 main players out - they are lacking replacement.
I don’t support Man U but Pogba and Fernandes seem to have galvanised the team. They have exceptional youth coming in the likes of Greenwood and adding a couple of players will give them depth in the squad.
I am really looking forward in seeing Leeds in the premiership with Bielsa - he is the most obsessive coach I have ever seen and has the ability of making mediocre players into quality

I don’t support Man U but Pogba and Fernandes seem to have galvanised the team. They have exceptional youth coming in the likes of Greenwood and adding a couple of players will give them depth in the squad.
I am really looking forward in seeing Leeds in the premiership with Bielsa - he is the most obsessive coach I have ever seen and has the ability of making mediocre players into quality
Agreed. Leeds back will be brilliant, and the fact that wba should be back and have arguably been better than Leeds is also good. I think Leeds and Albion will stay up next season. Journeyman teams like Watford and Brighton will be at greater risk.

Agreed. Leeds back will be brilliant, and the fact that wba should be back and have arguably been better than Leeds is also good. I think Leeds and Albion will stay up next season. Journeyman teams like Watford and Brighton will be at greater risk.

WBA were a monster side when they had the likes of Cyril Regis and Laurie Cunningham! With Leeds bearing Swansea today - they are almost their.

Last edited:

What matters is form at the start of the season - we have seen that Liverpool can be undone, almost without warning.
Ahan,, have we seen that?

Second to form, squad strength matters. At the moment, if any of: Salah, van Dijk or TAA are injured, Liverpool are in immediate trouble. These players have no replacement in the squad and to a degree have no replacement anywhere. This is why Liverpool's strategy of focusing their team's approach around individual star player dependency is inferior to Man City's approach of moulding players into a team ethic. Sterling and Mahrez, Aguero and Jesus, Silva and Foden - the squad approach is evident all over the pitch. This is what creates a legacy and this is what Utd used to have when they dominated.

I can see Liverpool surrendering their title next season. Check in back with me in a year
Current Liverpool team is not built around individual players but a football philosophy of pressing game. Anyway pleay who adapts to it becomes a success. We have seen players in this very squad who were not labeled as main assets, become an integral part of how Liverpool plays.

Yes squad depth is a must but who can Liverpool bring in who can replace the existing Front three or the back line? Only option is in the mid-fieled but then again, too many options already on bench and more kids coming from the junior ranks. I would have lover a new signing but honestly, i was not sure which position we should sign in!! Getting a player just for the sake of it is not LIVERPOOL way of doing things.

As for the title next season, i am not saying they are going to win next one or the next three. However i am pointing out, based on the statistics you discarded as not relevant (and claimed that the start of season is relevant, presumable saying that Liverpool will have a bad start next season)that LIVERPOOL are not going away. Anyone saying this is most probably stupid and a ManU fan! :lol:
Next 5 seasons will see Liverpool lift more trophies, stay in contact and we can debate it further as time passes.

Why talk 3 or 4 main players out? Why not just ban the whole team :rofl:

and you talk like a typical liverpool fan knowing the fact that your club cant compete with financial muscle of city or utd you guys cant afford to spend 200-300 mil on transfers.
Spend money on what? Pogba? Harry Maguire? :cheesy:

Last edited:
And Leeds will be a part of the premiership - they just been promoted!!!
Leeds, Sheffield utd, wolves, Leicester....possibly even a resurgent Southampton and Newcastle (who may get a Saudi sugar daddy soon). Top 6 is going to be blown wide open. I cannot see either Liverpool or man city having total dominance. Loads of teams are up there who play quick fire football and can take points off them.

Leeds, Sheffield utd, wolves, Leicester....possibly even a resurgent Southampton and Newcastle (who may get a Saudi sugar daddy soon). Top 6 is going to be blown wide open. I cannot see either Liverpool or man city having total dominance. Loads of teams are up there who play quick fire football and can take points off them.
If we get a box at Leeds - il let you know

FA Cup weekend coming! The return of football post covid has brought some joy back to life :D

And Leeds will be a part of the premiership - they just been promoted!!!

Lets see what magic Bielsa can work in the PL. Nobody will be taking them lightly.

Lately i have started enjoying Man Utd Matches. There is eagerness to score. Utd was missing this.

Chelsea losing to Sheffield is good for us :yahoo:

The mentality has changed much under Ole. The Van Gaal-Mourinho period focused too much on tactical play the most obvious being Mourinhos parking the bus tactic.

We still have a long way to go though before we can catch up with the scousers and city. For one we have a serious lack of quality depth in the squad. I mean Ole made just two (maybe 3?) out of 5 possible in the Palace game. Ideally we should have been resting key players before the FA semi final at the end of the Palace game but the Norwich-Southampton experiences showed that Lingard, Mata, James etc cannot effectively replace Raahford, Fernandes, Greenwood.

We need a more reliable bench to increase rotation. Otherwise fatigue will take over as our previous two three matches have shown. We were extremely lucky to win against Palace.

We need a more reliable bench to increase rotation.
Agreed. The 5 subs rule is set to stay also, which will benefit teams with squad depth even more. James isn't quite ready. Mata and Lingard are done. We need a 1st choice centre back first and foremost. Then we need probably a forward and then we need to buy some bench strength. The good news is, Ole's transfer buys so far have all been good.

Agreed. The 5 subs rule is set to stay also, which will benefit teams with squad depth even more. James isn't quite ready. Mata and Lingard are done. We need a 1st choice centre back first and foremost. Then we need probably a forward and then we need to buy some bench strength. The good news is, Ole's transfer buys so far have all been good.

Yeah, Maguire has not been able to justify the amount we paid for him. Lindelöf is outmuscled on too many occasions and Bailly is always a risk, excellent at times but then makes a huge blunder. One of them (probably between Lindelöf and Bailly) along with Jones needs to go to make way for a quality CD. Lets see if Koulibaly wants to move to Old Trafford this summer. Agree that Ole's buys so far have been good, not only from quality point of view but also the mentality. Fernandes especially has brought in so much positivity to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom