What's new

English Premier League - Previous Seasons

haha enjoy you 1st league next season will be fun!

Do you have a feeling all the rest of the clubs are feeling absolute agnoy and pain seeing Liverpool success.

I was having rather simple debate yesterday on my WhatsApp group on how Liverpool did it the "right way". No Russian or Arab sugardaddies, nothing. Kloop net spend over 5 years is

https://talksport.com/football/659761/liverpool-transfer-spending-top-six-rivals-league-title-proof/

In the four-and-a-half years he has been at Anfield, he has bought 33 players at a cost of £401million. Having recouped £327m, their net spend has been just £74m since October 2015.

By contrast, Manchester United’s net spend in the same period is estimated to be in excess of £400million.

That's 14.8 million per season! its nuts!

The amount of abuse I got, surprisingly from Arsenal fans as well who used to boast about wenger "net spend", was shocking. But I enjoyed it as well. :)
hate it but i agree with you kloop has transformed Liverpool but it wont be easy next season!

1st league? Lol

Did your footballing history started after rednose took over your club?

Enjoy! We have really in past 12 months ;)

Ed2V4NtWkAMOebr.jpeg

Yes, see you next season with ole at the wheels.

Do you have a feeling all the rest of the clubs are feeling absolute agnoy and pain seeing Liverpool success.

I was having rather simple debate yesterday on my WhatsApp group on how Liverpool did it the "right way". No Russian or Arab sugardaddies, nothing. Kloop net spend over 5 years is

https://talksport.com/football/659761/liverpool-transfer-spending-top-six-rivals-league-title-proof/

In the four-and-a-half years he has been at Anfield, he has bought 33 players at a cost of £401million. Having recouped £327m, their net spend has been just £74m since October 2015.

By contrast, Manchester United’s net spend in the same period is estimated to be in excess of £400million.

The amount of abuse I got, surprisingly from Arsenal fans as well who used to boast about wenger "net spend", was shocking. But I enjoyed it as well. :)

Liverpool no doubt have done exceptionally well. Where they have succeeded in when they sold Suarez and Sterling for good solid chunky profits. However the icing on the cake was selling Philippe Coutinho for a ridiculous profit. To sell him for 150 million plus was incredible. Giving them plenty in the bank to sign the likes of Salah and Van Dijk and still have 50 million in the bank is great business.
Liverpool will do well to keep them together and will be challenged next year by the others especially Man City and Man U.

hate it but i agree with you kloop has transformed Liverpool but it wont be easy next season!

Klopp not only transfered but did it the right way. Let's see how many managers transform their teams with net spend of 14.8 million per season. Really proud my beloved liverpool.

Liverpool no doubt have done exceptionally well. Where they have succeeded in when they sold Suarez and Sterling for good solid chunky profits. However the icing on the cake was selling Philippe Coutinho for a ridiculous profit. To sell him for 150 million plus was incredible. Giving them plenty in the bank to sign the likes of Salah and Van Dijk and still have 50 million in the bank is great business.
Liverpool will do well to keep them together and will be challenged next year by the others especially Man City and Man U.

Its not like we sold lemons to clubs who were after our players. All these were super stars so they demanded the money and it was justified. Look at Suarez, arguably the best striker in this day and age, I think he is now at third highest goal scorer in barca! Think of all the great footballer barca has produced. Look at sterling , what he is doing at city. Coutinho, well barca screwed him tbh, he was a super star when playing for liverpool. Best bit was,we bought coutinho for 8 million from inter :).

Sure next season will be tough. Every new season brings in a new challenge. I am also not saying that Liverpool will win it next season, will never say that. However, anyone saying that Liverpool will NEVER win it again or NO CHANCE they can win it next season is equally wrong as someone saying that they will win it for sure. :)

That is the best part of it all. Wait till you see the academy players making a mark! Things are on the right track and there is a promising future ahead.

Its not like we sold lemons to clubs who were after our players. All these were super stars so they demanded the money and it was justified. Look at Suarez, arguably the best striker in this day and age, I think he is now at third highest goal scorer in barca! Think of all the great footballer barca has produced. Look at sterling , what he is doing at city. Coutinho, well barca screwed him tbh, he was a super star when playing for liverpool. Best bit was,we bought coutinho for 8 million from inter :).

Agree but the fee they got for Coutinho was incredible. The others were worthy of the fees but £150 million? Wow

Sure next season will be tough. Every new season brings in a new challenge. I am also not saying that Liverpool will win it next season, will never say that. However, anyone saying that Liverpool will NEVER win it again or NO CHANCE they can win it next season is equally wrong as someone saying that they will win it for sure. :)

That is the best part of it all. Wait till you see the academy players making a mark! Things are on the right track and there is a promising future ahead.

My biggest worry is that we didn't buy any player last season despite winning big ears and now this season is pretty much the same.

We need to constantly add quality and recycle the squad. That's what all the big clubs do. I feel we are missing a trick or two..

Agree but the fee they got for Coutinho was incredible. The others were worthy of the fees but £150 million? Wow

I think there was brief time when barca spine was ex liverpool. Mascherano, coutinho and Suarez.

Yup!
Ended up 3-1 ? :azn:

any way,, what were you saying about "put through paces"

:rofl:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WOW :smitten:
Top place overall? Or talking about some private league? Which one? The one i created?

So how many points you scored this season?
2147 pts. You?

My biggest worry is that we didn't buy any player last season despite winning big ears and now this season is pretty much the same.

We need to constantly add quality and recycle the squad. That's what all the big clubs do. I feel we are missing a trick or two..
Sometimes it’s a task to keep the players you have happy and content - even if some of them don’t start every week bro

Its hard to get top players telling them they are likely to start on bench. Not many positions where we can hire someone who will replace existing players in that position and thus hard to gt top talent. Only way to get that done is the be filthy rich and offer them wages they cannot refuse and are happy to get that money even if it means starting half of the game on bench.
This is part of the problem. Other part as far as i can see is that there are at least two, possible three or more players from academy that will get more time this year.

For us NOW, signing a world class player will mean replacing someone! That is my opinion on this.

Sometimes it’s a task to keep the players you have happy and content - even if some of them don’t start every week bro
EXACTLY MY POINT.

2147 pts. You?
2136!!
Fell short of my target of 2250 but a huge distance :(
1111111111111.jpg

Last edited:
Our squad is already paper thin. We have let Lallana and Lovern go, not top players but squad players. We need to strengthen our bench if we challenge on PL and CL fronts.

You sold Loveren - a liability if you ask me for 15 million plus. Im sure Klopp wont be sitting idol especially if Milner comes to Leeds in a couple of weeks time.

You sold Loveren - a liability if you ask me for 15 million plus. Im sure Klopp wont be sitting idol especially if Milner comes to Leeds in a couple of weeks time.

Problem is, we have been extremely lucky with the injuries and our main players have more or less been protected from long term injuries. we don't have any backup plan for worst case scenario. Luckily there is no AFCON next season (Imagine both Salah and Mane not available for long period!) but if there is any injury to our front three, we are basically screwed. There is no one step in and fill the role without drop in the quality. Shaqiri and Origi are simply not that level, shaqiri might actually leave. We won both CL and PL and the prize money should be enough to atleast fill some gaps. Full backs need back up as well.

Back
Top Bottom