What's new

:: Exercise Indus Shield '23 ::

When will we learn the "News" that JF-17 had a hit at the Rafale ;)
Highly unlikely that you ever will unfortunately. Rafales are difficult targets even for F16s
No Rafales were there...

None of the Nations participating have Rafales.
I thought maybe Qatar was participating

If Turkey made the right choices, we could have seen the F-35 in this exercise though

Highly unlikely that you ever will unfortunately. Rafales are difficult targets even for F16s

If Turkey made the right choices, we could have seen the F-35 in this exercise though

Qatar is there as an observer. They didn’t bring assets.

Turkey should have joined with F35s but we made some "strategic" choices.
I'd call it: Strategic Mistake

There are a few 'Observer' Nations, but only 02 Participating Nation: Turkey & Saudi Arabia.

As for the F-35 comment. Its water under the bridge, and unless the US really wants/needs Turkey - that error can't be undone.

In a way..., it might (actually) be a good thing 'cause Turkey will now shift on a higher gear to work on KAAN and other projects. Try not relying on the West too much.

The example of Pakistan is an indication what trusting the West gets you.

I'd call it: Strategic Mistake

There are a few 'Observer' Nations, but only 02 Participating Nation: Turkey & Saudi Arabia.

As for the F-35 comment. Its water under the bridge, and unless the US really wants/needs Turkey - that error can't be undone.

In a way..., it might (actually) be a good thing 'cause Turkey will now shift on a higher gear to work on KAAN and other projects. Try not relying on the West too much.

The example of Pakistan is an indication what trusting the West gets you.
I don't want to turn this thread into an F35 thread, we jparticipated with F16 and Akıncı and that's fine.

But we're not in a position that we can afford mistakes, and we're not in a position that we can cut ties with "the west". We haven't, and we never will. so Instead of being a major partner in F35 program as well as operating over 100 F35s and how strong that would make Turkey's hand in regional matters. We're in a position of begging for F-16s.

We didn't stop relying on the west, we just weakened ouır position in the west.

Trying to focus on the positives, it's a good thing cooperation continues between Turkey and Pakistan but we're basically flying wooden biplanes in an age of all metal fighters. We're a generation behind. Turkish Air Force has never been so weak.

Last edited:
Looking forward to get some information about F15SA VS J10CP.

RSAF F-15SA are one of the most advanced variants of F-15s in the world.
Apart from advanced avionics, AESA radar & EW suite they can carry upto 10 BVR Missiles which can overwhelm the adversary with brute force! 06 F-15SA are currently in Pakistan for Indus Shield 2023.
1697305236496.png

RSAF F-15SA are one of the most advanced variants of F-15s in the world.
Apart from advanced avionics, AESA radar & EW suite they can carry upto 10 BVR Missiles which can overwhelm the adversary with brute force! 06 F-15SA are currently in Pakistan for Indus Shield 2023.
View attachment 961860
Who does Saudi primarily face a potential military threat from?

Back
Top Bottom