What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

But the tweet mentions the JF-17 program, over which I was confused.
Iraq is showing interest in JF-17 from some time .... hopefully we may find opportunity to convert it into the contract.

as for payment oil prices are on the rise, secondly even if they find it difficult to pay in $ we should proposed for barter deal against oil .... at least we would save some $ incurred on import payments of oil.

PAF engineers, pilots and technicians were being sent on deputation, which was discontinued after invasion of Kuwait.

IMO Iraq AF is at present more interested to re-structure and re-organised its AF after exit of US forces.

JF-17 may be considered in later stage.
Yes that was before the whole unrest and WoT, imagine of bases are attacked and we loose our men. God Forbid.
Iraq is showing interest in JF-17 from some time .... hopefully we may find opportunity to convert it into the contract.

as for payment oil prices are on the rise, secondly even if they find it difficult to pay in $ we should proposed for barter deal against oil .... at least we would save some $ incurred on import payments of oil.
That seems likely, perhaps we'll have a barter as you said, 600 million (hypothetical) worth of jets for 1 billion in oil and have a bank to hold as guaranteer in case of any calamities/terrorism, just to keep things under control.
That way both PAF and Gvt can make a profit.

IMO the stage wise training will be carried in PAF facilities. Skeleton staff including pilots, engineers, technicians and logistic support staff will be deputed to assist Iraqi AF to organise AF bases where F-16 squadrons will to be positioned.

But such decisions depend on geo-political situation. Pakistan need to ensure that the military support provision do not agitate other Iraqi neighbours.

Selling JF-17 is completely different game. China being the partner of JF-17 program can come forward as it was done in cases of Myanmar and probably Argentina.

All this training being mentioned is around Mushshaks and nothing to do with F-16s

I am sure pak and Iraq 🇮🇶 know what they want and what’s best for them and they can decide what ever they want and same is true for 🇧🇩 , 🇲🇲, sirilanka etc minus endian who want to dictated other 😉
I am sure pak and Iraq 🇮🇶 know what they want and what’s best for them and they can decide what ever they want and same is true for 🇧🇩 , 🇲🇲, sirilanka etc minus endian who want to dictated other 😉 as 🔥oil supply is short

so both Iraq and Argentina paying exactly same amount or Pakistan media has simply got mixed up ?

Either way, we do not have a current domestic AAM, which was the point. =)
We don't, I agree. I have heard different things as to its current status though, some say that work has continued to make technology demonstrators. I can well see a test of such a weapon, even if it's not ultimately meant for active service. Testing seekers, motors, data links, stuff which can eventually be employed in future systems.

We don't, I agree. I have heard different things as to its current status though, some say that work has continued to make technology demonstrators. I can well see a test of such a weapon, even if it's not ultimately meant for active service. Testing seekers, motors, data links, stuff which can eventually be employed in future systems.
Yes, well Azm was supposed to have a weapons program too under the banner. Let’s see if they show anything for it.

Google translate plz

Google translate plz

Google Translation

The Defense Ministry informs

The Ministry of Defense informs that, by means of a Public Credit Operations Authorization note, it has requested the inclusion for the 2022 Budget of the authorization to manage credit for up to USD 664 million for the acquisition of multipurpose fighter aircraft, for the surveillance and control of the air space.

Likewise, this ministry clarifies that it has not been issued regarding the purchase of supersonic aircraft of any origin and is in the technical-economic and financial evaluation stage of five alternatives.

Google Translation

The Defense Ministry informs

The Ministry of Defense informs that, by means of a Public Credit Operations Authorization note, it has requested the inclusion for the 2022 Budget of the authorization to manage credit for up to USD 664 million for the acquisition of multipurpose fighter aircraft, for the surveillance and control of the air space.

Likewise, this ministry clarifies that it has not been issued regarding the purchase of supersonic aircraft of any origin and is in the technical-economic and financial evaluation stage of five alternatives.
So this statement is from 22nd of September 2021 I think.
Either they are keeping secrecy or still in the process.
I wonder apart from JF-17, what are the other 4 alternatives 🤔

Back
Top Bottom