What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Hi,

Thank you.

The J-10 fil THE NOW NEED---. BLK4 JF17 is the need of the future.
salaam khan brother.
I hope you are well.

I understand that J10 fills the need which JF17 won't be able to due to limitations of its size and capacity ( unless if we have a revolutionary breakthrough in light weight materials and miniaturization of very powerful components ).
so all future JF17 blocks will be supporting future variants of J10 (or any other medium weight jet).
i.e. whatever JF10 becomes, it wont be F16 or Mig35 or Mirage2000 Gripen etc.
because of its limited size, smaller engine and radar.
correct me if I am wrong.

salaam khan brother.
I hope you are well.

I understand that J10 fills the need which JF17 won't be able to due to limitations of its size and capacity ( unless if we have a revolutionary breakthrough in light weight materials and miniaturization of very powerful components ).
so all future JF17 blocks will be supporting future variants of J10 (or any other medium weight jet).
i.e. whatever JF10 becomes, it wont be F16 or Mig35 or Mirage2000 Gripen etc.
because of its limited size, smaller engine and radar.
correct me if I am wrong.

Hi,

Technology has a FORCE MULTIPLIER EFFECT on any man or machine. So any upgrade in equipment and weapons would have a tremendous effect on the operational capabilities regardless of its size.

But the skirmish on the 27th tells us that indecisions, unclear directions, lack of decision making on the part of the field commander, transferring all decision making back to the base have terrible consequences on the battle engaged.

When you are able and capable and yet you do not take charge of the scenario at hand---a more modern fighter aircraft won't do much for the air force.

Block 15 already MLUed. And I was talking about Mig 21s.

Egypt also has F16 and they are interested in JF17
Egypt would always just show interest for some unknown reasons. They have the history of operating top of the line western platforms and there isn't anyone stopping them from to keep utilizing the western tech.

Depends on the results of the elections too. The Pro-US party seems to be on the winning side. If they win. Highly unlikely JF sale occurs, they will go for F-16 if possible.
Though these birds are sanctioned free, argentina is in a position where it has more issues than just sanctions.

1. 26 F-16 Block 50 (with 2 P3C and 3 tankers and AIM120) is the deal US offered them. Here they have two issues, one is obviously the price, this is going to be extremely expensive, even if they go for the fighters. The second issue is the UK. The UK blocked the sale of trainer aircraft like FA-50 to them, they will throw a massive tantrum if their closest ally tries to sell Aircraft with these capabilities and tankers allowing them to reach British isles and Maritime patrol aircraft to threaten their ships. Even if Argentina has no plan to do so.

2. Russian options are already off the cards imo. Argentina buys all of its other military tech from the US and it’s Allies (France), This would lead to major sanctions.

3. The JF-17 deal is under pressure from the US (and to some extent even the UK). And a lot of pressure internally in Argentina where one partys agenda is more Pro-China (or anti-west) and the other is the opposite. And the Pro-western party, so far, seems to be the favorite for the upcoming elections.

4 and 5 are the easier options, but they’re also used and less capable aircraft as they wouldn’t be getting the weapons packages they want with them. However if they wanted an easy way out, this is what they’d buy.

This is why I ask Pakistanis not to celebrate prematurely, the possibility of this deal has a very high chance of sinking, if it has not already, but we’ve already made a fool of ourselves by posting it everywhere and celebrating. Notice how all the media went absolutely silent after the Argentinian MoD denied the deal. (It’s still not that they didn’t want the JF-17, their Air Force totally did. But they have other factors pushing them away from it)
Russia haa no problem selling too argentina but argentina knows russian option is too expenisve in the long run(high followup cost)

They ideally would want gripen/f16 both will be blocked by britain
F16 may go ahead toothless.
I.e no harpoon or aim120

Barter trade. Argentina got natural resources and plenty of agriculture products.
A single JF-17 may cost Argentina roughly around 36000 to 37000 cows. Enough for Pakistan to meet its military's nutritional needs for years to come and in turn lowering down the prices of milk and meat in the local market as well. :azn: :pakistan:
Jeff is some DCS pronunciation issue for JF. It is JF-17 Thunder, JF-17, Thunder or Fierce Dragon.
By the looks and size of the JF-17 it should be called cute dragon or baby dragon :lol:

Last edited:
Hi,

Illiterate kids arguing about MB seats.

Pakistani pilots don't like to eject---. Why do we need MB seat to eject when these pilots don't eject in a timely manner---.
That's a real concern. Don't know why they don't eject in timely manner. Have seen lots US/Russian military horrible accidents and pilots still manage to eject safely most of the times.

Is there any strict instruction given to Pakistani pilots to save the plane at any cost???

The thing clasping back jf-17 from being an export hit is its powerplant, unfortunately.

Russia haa no problem selling too argentina but argentina knows russian option is too expenisve in the long run(high followup cost)

They ideally would want gripen/f16 both will be blocked by britain
F16 may go ahead toothless.
I.e no harpoon or aim120
It’s not Russia that’s the problem, it’s that Russian tech would mean sanctions for Argentina, which they cannot afford (all their other military tech is French and US).

I believe the Argentines are playing this card to get a better deal. They are hard selling the JF17 proposal. I could be wrong but as ikon has written above the F16 deal looks quite tempting.
You are the only one cant accept the reality Argentina wouldnt be getting F-16.... As long as Falkland issue still persists, F-16 is not possible.

Falkland is even more important than issue with Chile.
The thing clasping back jf-17 from being an export hit is its powerplant, unfortunately.
Not an issue. The Chinese has WS-13 ready. It just a matter of buyer preference.

Even the J-10 and J-20 are now using domestic Chinese engine. More or less tells u the direction we are heading.

Lol Go read some more books about the region if you are allowed to. You cannot see past the Falklands and can't see that The US will look after their interests first. If you think the UK will stop them then you are the one who can't accept reality (Or have the ability to read it would appear).
Having spoken with some Argentinians they explained that the only reason the F16 was rejected in 1999 (Yes the US offered them 36 F16 MLU's)

Have a read of this if the Chinese censors will allow you to. it breaks down the region quite well (Even if it is dated from the 90's)

The Argentine government has stated that they are looking at 5 options. Now if they choose the JF17 I don't mind it will help Pakistan. However I am a realist and a not a foaming at the mouth Communist waving his little red book around.
LOL, even u admit its 90s. The view and political environment of Argentina has changed.

Any Argentinian dont talk about Falkland will be lynch. I have with Argentinian. They have nothing but Falkland in mind only. American is bunch of conman who look after their interest only. Unless u can prove Argentina is more important than UK for US. I will eat back my words! :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom