What's new

F-14A vs F-15I

I had an interesting discussion with a friend on the internet.About Su-27 vs. F-14

The aircraft were created for different role. The Tomcat was a craft designed to support a carrier battle group. It was armed with the AIM-54 Phoenix Missile. It wa designed to blot out targets at a range of up to 80 miles. It could also carry the AIM-7 Sparrow and the AIM-9 Sidewinder. Either of these could take out a Su-27.

The Su-27 Flanker was armed with AA-10 Alamo missiles with a range of about 50 miles and AA-11 Archer missile with a range of less than 20 miles. It was designed as an air superiority aircraft, and a damned good one in the opinion of most students of the craft.

As far as who would've taken whom, it would have depended on lots of things. A Phoenix shot from a Tomcat could've taken out a Flanker before it had a chance to defend itself. That assumes the AIM-54 behaved as advertised. After that we're in a battle of similar missile capabilities. Although more massive, the Tomcat could have engaged the Flanker in a classic fur ball.

At that point the battle depends mostly on the pilots. The US generally spent more money training their pilots, and would have probably had the edge.

Flanker and Eagle have the same thing in common, that is better equipped with electronic countermeasures jamming pods under the wings or their relatives.

And the truth, F14A and AIM 54 has proven it has the ability to eliminate ECM.

Iranian combat experiences with AIM-54 Phoenix - Democratic Underground

During late 1987, the Soviet Union supplied Iraq with MiG-25BM "Wild Weasel" aircraft. The planes tested the ECM systems against Iranian Tomcats and attacked Iranian targets with new anti-radar weapons. The MiG-25BMs proved they could operate with impunity at up to 69,000 ft, until on the night of 11th November a MiG-25BM was intercepted by an F-14. The Tomcat fired a single AIM-54 in Home-On-Jam mode. The missile guided flawlessly but failed to detonate. Yet, the missile clipped the MiG-25's fin and forced the pilot to bail out.

AIM-54 Phoenix Missile

Guidance Section The AIM-54A RID modification offers improved capabilities against low altitude targets over water. The EAG modification improves capabilities against certain Electronic Counter Measure (ECM) threats

Most likely, the Iranians have upgraded avionics systems and multiple missile technology with Russia or China.Most recently they received an F-16 from Hugo Chavez. Americans believe that there are some Iranian F14 and AIM-54 has been provided to the Soviet Union and China to assess, and Iran may also have improved or reversed AIM-54, as they did with Noor (C-802). Remember, Iran is second only to China about the possibility of reverse and upgrade design.

3mxysljt57q4dacygmu.jpg

In this picture, we can get R-27 missiles, but Iran has been changed a number of edges or fins, to bind to lauch rail LAU-138 F14, suitable for R-27to lauch rail APU-73 MiG-29

Well if comparison is about BVR then it would be comparison of the missiles not airplane and honnestly nobody fire the missile at maximum range . Our pilot used to fire phoenix at 60-70km not at 150km and its the same for F-15 pilots they also fire their missile at 50-60km so the difference in range is not that much . About phoennix is a bomber killer well its true that its less maneuverable than but its flight characteristics made it h ard to evade (after you fire it the first thing the missile do is to gain sn altitude about 100000 feet and then when it come near the target it just made a very steep dive toward it) and we used to destroy fast plane like mig-25 with it also its not exactly a big plane killer as we used to destroy tight formation of iraqi fighters like iraqi Mirages with that .and dont forget one of the mission of our f14 was to engage cruise missiles.

About dog fight well honnestly the better fighter who can dictate its fighting style and knew its plane would win . Both plane have their strength and weakness f-14 is more maneuverable at lower speed but at highrt speeds f15 will win . F14 dive faster but f15 can gain speed and rsise its altitude alot faster.

In short the bettet pilot will win in dogfight.

Well if comparison is about BVR then it would be comparison of the missiles not airplane and honnestly nobody fire the missile at maximum range . Our pilot used to fire phoenix at 60-70km not at 150km and its the same for F-15 pilots they also fire their missile at 50-60km so the difference in range is not that much . About phoennix is a bomber killer well its true that its less maneuverable than but its flight characteristics made it h ard to evade (after you fire it the first thing the missile do is to gain sn altitude about 100000 feet and then when it come near the target it just made a very steep dive toward it) and we used to destroy fast plane like mig-25 with it also its not exactly a big plane killer as we used to destroy tight formation of iraqi fighters like iraqi Mirages with that .and dont forget one of the mission of our f14 was to engage cruise missiles.

About dog fight well honnestly the better fighter who can dictate its fighting style and knew its plane would win . Both plane have their strength and weakness f-14 is more maneuverable at lower speed but at highrt speeds f15 will win . F14 dive faster but f15 can gain speed and rsise its altitude alot faster.

In short the bettet pilot will win in dogfight.

I think you worry too much about the level of pilot Jews and the F-15I.Because Phoenix is basically too fast, I do not mean that F-15I enough time to escape, F-15 has no IRST (I just know it's mounted on the F-15J Japanese version of the F-15C), their radar is great (I do not know the radar of the F-15I) but I'm sure it is impossible to 150 km, the AIM-120 missiles as well.F14A advantage IRST and radar can avoid scanning angle of F15I (F15I clearly not the F35 with EO DAS can detect propaganda from 1200 km and 360 degrees around the aircraft).

G force of the AIM-54 is how much?but F-15 is a heavy version of Mig 25 (Event Mig 25 defected to Japan in the '80s). Then, with the speed of Mach 3-4 chance for F15I is difficult (Some sources phoenix up to 185 and 190 km?!)

I have a basic problem if the F-14 discovered the F-15I from a distance of over 130 km by radar and AEW. And perhaps the F-15 will also be at the same distance! I do not know F-14 and F-15 MAWS like the Su-27 or J-11B? if this is the first war chase (About MAWS: according to what I know, it's as a RWR at the tail or hazard warning the rear of the aircraft.Perhaps Americans despise this possibility, they only equipped DIRCM as AN/AAQ- 24 against threat missiles like AIM-9 heat rather than radar-guided missiles as AIM-120.They too believe in the Chaff!).

If 2nd case is face-to-face, as a result of almost daily in the air war, but the AIM-54 will have an advantage over the AIM-120.If the F-14A missile fired 2 to 3 phoenix can ensure victory for Mach 4 and takes 100 seconds for the 130 km (AIM-120 impotence)

First of all, How can you even dare to make this comparison? It's like F-22 vs Mig-21 or sth else. Iranian made Tomcats are okay. But the ones that have US origin which are the main body of the Iranian Air Force, Pentagon would block all of'em with using DoD Satellites. The remainig ones? Sufa's are enough to handle them.

First of all, How can you even dare to make this comparison? It's like F-22 vs Mig-21 or sth else. Iranian made Tomcats are okay. But the ones that have US origin which are the main body of the Iranian Air Force, Pentagon would block all of'em with using DoD Satellites. The remainig ones? Sufa's are enough to handle them.

As I mentioned, F-15I, F-15E and it is not F-15K (stealth version) which can cause a real threat to the Iranian F-14.As I mentioned, the F-15I will die before she could see the F-14 Iran. I have presented above, the battle will take place in the range of 130 km (AIM-120 will impotence). But is an ideal range for the Phoenix, I read and what Iran claims they had a flood century with Phoenix (40 times killing of nearly 200 firing) and as I said, your F15 is heavier version Mig 25! Never faster aircraft missiles, F15I can only rely on ECM.

Well we are talking about one conflict between Iran and Israel, no US. I do not understand the DoD satellite systems, as far as I know Dogfight or forest protection is not affected by satellite!

1- I can say you that these satellites can block the electronics of the whole us made aircraft in the world. Which we saw an example of it in Falklands War. UK bought the source codes from France to block Argentinian Mirages. 2- Phoenix missiles are very old, even if they were brand new, their job is to kill bombers. They can't do any **** on any variant of F-15s. 3- Pilot skills are another fact. IAF Pilots are known as the top pilots of the world. But Iranian Air Force is fucked up. :)

1- I can say you that these satellites can block the electronics of the whole us made aircraft in the world. Which we saw an example of it in Falklands War. UK bought the source codes from France to block Argentinian Mirages. 2- Phoenix missiles are very old, even if they were brand new, their job is to kill bombers. They can't do any **** on any variant of F-15s. 3- Pilot skills are another fact. IAF Pilots are known as the top pilots of the world. But Iranian Air Force is fucked up. :)

Oh, I can't believe it, it is just the "rumored high-tech of Holywood" Historically admitted. They use frequency jamming to?I don't know much about the frequency I guess if it is true they use common frequencies like UHF and S-band?, Argentinian lacked Exocet to attack the British fleet.If they have sufficient supply (because France did not keep sold Exocet them), the Falklands will be Argentinian. Or can satellite your mind will cause interference wave code based on the code (perhaps frequency radar of French Exocet that Britain), so if that is true it will take place in mid to late phase?I know there is one British ship was not damaged by Exocet warhead did not explode!

One more thing that is anti-ship missiles, we're talking about-to-air missile RCS and small size.Their higher speed more than ASM.

If them have the source code's Exocet and satellite jamming technology as your word "rumor" HMS Sheffield has survived not sunk. You can comment on the fact that the British ships at that time, no CIWS system.

Satellite systems of the UK in the 80's called?I just know I have a military satellite called Skynet (I am also a fan of Terminator) and now its fate is unclear?This is probably the British use of the Galileo satellite system.

Pilots Iranian victory over Iraq - who also has studied in France (a NATO country) and shoot down one of the F-18 in BVR (by R-40). At least two claimed to have shot down U.S. F-15 in air combat or SAM, of course, the Americans rejected it (I read on Aig - so long I can not remember the name of the site, but it is a general websitethe air war during the cold war).

Today, Iran has pressed down many American modern UAV.They even take control of the Sentinel.

he+Iranian+Revolutionary+Guards+show+display+US+RQ-170+Sentinel+drone+Tehran+r+this+week%252C+as+an+unidentified+colonel%252C+right%252C+talks+to+the+chief+of+the+aerospace+division+of+Iran%2527s+Revolutionary+Guards%252C+Gen.+Amir+Ali+Hajiz.jpg

If you are really good at electronics capabilities?Sentinel was not in the hands of Iran!

F-15 and F-14 is completely different, a few Jewish friends pleased here perhaps that F-15 is the next generation F-14, they just have one thing in common designed to shoot down MiG 25. Su-27 had the time to study F-14 (after Iranian Revolution 1979), and the birth of the Su-33 U.S. Navy F-14D is still active they retired in 2006, remember the F-15 has a weakness with SARH. Most of its battles against rival inferior Mig 21 and Mirage F1 as well as Mig 23 and 25.

Most of the Mig 25 and a few Mig 29 (aircraft just answer with F16) shot down by F-15C (Gulf War 1), not F-15A / B ot enemy deserve 1980s .F-15 was never confronted with Mig 31 BVR equipment R-33/37. We all know, on every forum military everybody talk about military use Mig 31 against F-22. Strengths of the F-15 is WVR, ECM. But the Iranians were able to upgrade their F-14 carrying equipment and weapons of Russian, MIM surface-to-air missile. What will happen if they do so with the ECM system or radar?

Actually , F14 A hasn't IRST .... and F14A engine is weak for it size and weight .....

Oh, thank you for help. But whether or not the IRST will not affect the AIM-54

well , about Phonix and AWG 9 ... Iran change them and doesn't give any specifics about both Radar and Phonix missile ... so we don't know any real thing about it ...

but by specifics F15I chance for wining is 65-70 % and F14 A ( orignal one ) is 30-35 % ....

and If they use Awax then They would have overwhelming advantage against our Tomcats ... but our tomcat will stay in Iran airspace .....

well , about Phonix and AWG 9 ... Iran change them and doesn't give any specifics about both Radar and Phonix missile ... so we don't know any real thing about it ...

but by specifics F15I chance for wining is 65-70 % and F14 A ( orignal one ) is 30-35 % ....

and If they use Awax then They would have overwhelming advantage against our Tomcats ... but our tomcat will stay in Iran airspace .....

Thank for help, so Iran has produced AIM-54 or one version of it that has to do with TOW and C802?

Jews only good sneak, for Iraq and most recent Lybi is Syria, I think you should learn from experience.The Middle East does not have the skills to use weapons like Vietnam we used to fight the Americans

Thank for help, so Iran has produced AIM-54 or one version of it that has to do with TOW and C802?

Jews only good sneak, for Iraq and most recent Lybi is Syria, I think you should learn from experience.The Middle East does not have the skills to use weapons like Vietnam we used to fight the Americans

1- Our army have top security politic about our air force ... so they don't give any information clearly ...

2- even sneak attack need good quality ...

3- Arab need to change their view about modern wars ....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom