What's new

F-14A vs F-15I

The F-14 Tomcat is a very good plane but i doubt it will match the Israeli F-15I, As the F-15 holds the title of champion of dogfight. You dont really have to do research or know everything about Avation to know this.

guys i have got nothing against Iranian brothers...but i dont think f 14 can stand against an f 15i...it in not because of the quality of pilots but because of the plane and the entire f14 program of Iran...first it is a sanctioned country meaning no spares.. no western weapons only stuff from black market..or cannibalism...

second Israel is known to manufacture some of the most advance jamming systems and legacy radars or missiles do not stand a chance...heck Paf's test of Jf 17 jammers against f16 is a very good example here...

1- Our army have top security politic about our air force ... so they don't give any information clearly ...

2- even sneak attack need good quality ...

3- Arab need to change their view about modern wars ....

Ok, I understand what you comment

The F-14 Tomcat is a very good plane but i doubt it will match the Israeli F-15I, As the F-15 holds the title of champion of dogfight. You dont really have to do research or know everything about Avation to know this.

I understand, but you look at the history of the F-15I deal with the majority of Mig 21/23 and Mirage.This is also the allegations have quality Russian Mig 29 and we should remember that the Jews have never faced with the Iranians, 2 Middle East war Iran had not fought - Then they follow the U.S. :D

guys i have got nothing against Iranian brothers...but i dont think f 14 can stand against an f 15i...it in not because of the quality of pilots but because of the plane and the entire f14 program of Iran...first it is a sanctioned country meaning no spares.. no western weapons only stuff from black market..or cannibalism...

second Israel is known to manufacture some of the most advance jamming systems and legacy radars or missiles do not stand a chance...heck Paf's test of Jf 17 jammers against f16 is a very good example here...

As I mentioned, there will be a fair fight if the two have the support of AWACS, and at a distance of 130 miles - a great opportunity for F14 and phoenix. However, the parameters of the RCS or radar scan angle that speculation. It is not clear as China claimed radar FC1 or J10 of them up to 200 km and 60 degrees (propaganda/ rumor) :D

First of all Iran can pack Israel back to the stone age, that's right. But there's no way for F-14s to handle any kinda F-15s or F-16s. About the satellite thing. I can say you that. I learned it in UK. In a joint RAF Base where there's a joint sq. Of UK and US. They confirmed it. But if they hadn't blocked these aircraft which were best of their class during their time (I mean anti-ship aircraft, I know that's crazy but it's true), Britain couldn't win.

F-14 is an airplane that need 24 hour of maintenance after 8 year of flight , now can you explain to me how after 30 year of cannibalism any of it can still fly , after all we just had 79 of them to begin with .

Hello comrades Iran, I have a question as we all know.The present time only about possible conflicts between Israel and Iran, so as far as I know, the F-14A is still the backbone of the Iranian army, but old electronic system (which may haveupgraded by Russia), but maneuverability almost Su-27 (ie more than the F-15I) and long-range missiles AIM-54 phoenix.Sure would be a real threat to the F-15I of the Jews?

f+14+(16).jpg

PERFORMANCE of Grumman F-14A Tomcat

Wing span: 19,45 m. (wings forward)

Wing span: 11,65 m. (wings swept)

Length: 19,10 m.

Height: 4,88 m.

Max. speed: Mach 2.34 (2517 km/h, 1564 mph.)

Empty weight: 39,310 lbs.(17830 kg.)

Max. weight: 74,348 lbs.(33724 kg.)

Power plant: two Pratt & Whitney TF30-P-414 afterburning turbofans

Thrust: 14,000 lbs.(6350 kg.) each

With Afterburner: 20,900 lbs.(9480 kg.) each

Guns: 1× 20 mm (0.787 in) M61 Vulcan Gatling Gun, with 675 rounds
Hardpoints: 10 total: 6× under-fuselage, 2× under nacelles and 2× on wing gloves with a capacity of 14,500 lb (6,600 kg) of ordnance and fuel tanks

Missiles: Air-to-air missiles: AIM-54 Phoenix, AIM-7 Sparrow, AIM-9 Sidewinder. Or amended with R-27, MIM-23

1417887597_7938c587e3.jpg

PERFORMANCE of Grumman F-15I

Primary Role

- Tandem seat attack plane

Dimensions

Wingspan: 13.5 m
Length: 19.43 m
Height: 5.63 m

Capabilities

Maximum speed: Mach 2.5 at high altitude,
1,482 kph at low altitude
Range: 4,450 km

Weight

Empty: 14,379 kg
Max. loaded: 36,750 kg

Power Plant

- 2 Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 engines with a max. thrust of 29,000 lb. each

Weapons

- 20 mm. 6 barrelled cannon at wing root. Air-to air missiles: Python 3, Python 4, Sidewinder, Sparrow and AMRAAM. Varied air-to-ground missiles and guided bombs.
Total carry load capacity: up to 11 tons

787Desktop_1_31_2013_4_03.png

I would go with the Iranian F-14A + IL-76 AEW and AIM-54. IAI Phalcon AEW + F-15I and the AIM-120 will also be a threat.But AIM-120 as far as I know the lower range of the phoenix. We are talking about BVR, and Dogfight, depending on the level of the pilot, I do not know F15I the maneuver with specific numbers?

1334647491025_1334647491025_r.jpg

3548071566_2fba5a1f1f.jpg

In dog fight , F-15 is better but in distance , no one can bear against phoenix missiles .

I think F14 was a legend and will be forever .

First of all Iran can pack Israel back to the stone age, that's right. But there's no way for F-14s to handle any kinda F-15s or F-16s. About the satellite thing. I can say you that. I learned it in UK. In a joint RAF Base where there's a joint sq. Of UK and US. They confirmed it. But if they hadn't blocked these aircraft which were best of their class during their time (I mean anti-ship aircraft, I know that's crazy but it's true), Britain couldn't win.

Thank you, but I still can not understand, how a satellite can interfere with radar guidance system of the Exocet?satellite must fly in low orbit (LEO)?if so it is extremely fast (more than 90 minutes one way around the world) it can not stand to track and Exocet jamming?

Back to our problem, the AIM-54 guided by ARH/SARH and Exocet guided by ARH, two different systems, ie it (AIM54) depends on the radar of the F-14, not as a result of inertia INS as Exocet (It is similar to "Fire and forget" missile and AIM-54 is similar to a laser-guided AT-14 beam sticking SACLOS), you can not know its flight path, missiles do not have the size small, RCS small and too fast. I guess, event jamming Exocet if is true will not apply to AIM-54 because it has two guiding ARH and SARH, ie F14 (F-14 is a radar tool main navigation) and AIM-54 is the second major threat.You will need more than one satellite.

Exocet (illustrations)

active-radar-missile.jpg

AIM-54

semiactive.jpg

active+radar+homing,1.jpg

In dog fight , F-15 is better but in distance , no one can bear against phoenix missiles .

I think F14 was a legend and will be forever .

Well this is the future, is the era of BVR (AIM-120D, R-37M and PL-21). Do not expect the air war like WW2 :D

F-14 is an airplane that need 24 hour of maintenance after 8 year of flight , now can you explain to me how after 30 year of cannibalism any of it can still fly , after all we just had 79 of them to begin with .

Where are you from ? why do you hate your home? I can see in your comment

With its 200-mile range radar and six phoenix missiles, the F-14 philosophy was to kill a swarm of enemies before they even saw the F-14 on their own radars. The F-15 is equipped to avoid getting killed by the pheonix and close to AMRAAM or dogfight range to kill the enemy.

It'll be a turkey shoot.

With its 200-mile range radar and six phoenix missiles, the F-14 philosophy was to kill a swarm of enemies before they even saw the F-14 on their own radars. The F-15 is equipped to avoid getting killed by the pheonix and close to AMRAAM or dogfight range to kill the enemy.

It'll be a turkey shoot.

Really? you (Americans) had been defeated by the French Allies Tech (The conflict between Turkey and Greece, 1 F16C was shot down by 1 Mirage 2000-5 ), Even the M1 Abrams have been riddled by M2 Bradley IFV, Taliban was cracking IFF mode on the Stinger and use it against NATO aircraft. And in the words of members of Iran in forums, they have heard the editing of the Phoenix by Iran military as do so for C-802 = Noor, I set out the battle takes place in the range of 130 km, where the helpless AMRAAM.

If what you say is true, I think Iran should be eliminated entirely F14 and AIM54 they should buy J-11B :D

About WVR, what if the Iranians can integrate IRST on their Mig 29 for F-14A?

Dogfight! the walk of the F-15I? I'm not sure, because the battle will take place at subsonic speeds, depending on the A2A. F-14D (same airframe as the F-14A) exist at the same time as the Su-33 (line Sukhoi 27 always have higher mobility/ super maneuverable than F-15), don't compare with the Mig 29, Mig 29 more sluggish and less severe than the Su-27, they are just the failure of the Mig

:) First, forget everything about satellite specs or LOW shits. It's written in the laws. It says that DoD has to put chips inside the engines of every US made aircraft. So there's no way to take em outta the plane. They can't stop the engines but they cut the electronics of the plane. They put it inside the plane not to allow them to take it out. Today, Our satellites can block the entire F-14 fleet of Iran. It also goes for F-16s and F-15s of Jordan, Oman, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, NATO Member States...etc. Back to topic, I think you are trying to kill every proof that proves F-14 can never suppres F-15 even with those junkyard Phoenix missiles.

Even the M1 Abrams have been riddled by M2 Bradley IFV -
A Bradley took down an Abrams?

If what you say is true, I think Iran should be eliminated entirely F14 and AIM54 they should buy J-11B :D
Ah, we have an arms saleman on the forum.

About WVR, what if the Iranians can integrate IRST on their Mig 29 for F-14A?
I can't see that would make any difference.

Dogfight! the walk of the F-15I?
The F-14 is much larger and less maneuverable than the F-15. No matter what "improvements" Iran may have made to the F-14 it can't get beyond the limits of the airframe.

:) First, forget everything about satellite specs or LOW shits. It's written in the laws. It says that DoD has to put chips inside the engines of every US made aircraft. So there's no way to take em outta the plane. They can't stop the engines but they cut the electronics of the plane. They put it inside the plane not to allow them to take it out. Today, Our satellites can block the entire F-14 fleet of Iran. It also goes for F-16s and F-15s of Jordan, Oman, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, NATO Member States...etc. Back to topic, I think you are trying to kill every proof that proves F-14 can never suppres F-15 even with those junkyard Phoenix missiles.

Ok, I temporarily believe you, as you presented it is clear that the United States can prevent any hostile action of the aircraft F15, F16, which they sold to allies?through an electronic mechanism from any complicated satellite (heard as Holywood, if you say to me it is similar to EMP, I would trust 100%).

According to what I've read, before leaving Iran.You (the U.S.) have destroyed a lot of parts and batteries for AIM54?that's right!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom