What's new

FIRST EVER VIDEO/PHOTOS : K-15 SLBM Test Fired !!!!

Looks like the pontoon was fixed to a semi-submersible transport ship- smart! I always wondered how these things were tested exactly. The DRDO must have a long term contract with the ship's owners.

I thought it was two boats stationed for surveillance......:hitwall:

During the last test it was reported that the pontoon was at a depth of 50m .Can such a depth be possible with semi-submersible ships ??

Yes exactly. Look at the pics- at on end you can see the main deck and then two other smaller islands separated by water. Fits exactly with the profile of this type of vessel.

Yeah i got it, so this means submarines also needs to come that close to the surface in order to launch missiles.

I think its approx 7-10 meters ?

Yes exactly. Look at the pics- at on end you can see the main deck and then two other smaller islands separated by water. Fits exactly with the profile of this type of vessel.
upon close examination of pic i can say that's not single ship.. there are 3 (2+1) barge/tug boat type vessels. all 2 look same .

I thought it was two boats stationed for surveillance......:hitwall:

During the last test it was reported that the pontoon was at a depth of 50m .Can such a depth be possible with semi-submersible ships ??
You are right- such ships cannot be submerged to depths if 50m. IIRC DRDO had said they had purpose built a fixed pontoon to test such extreme depths. However to test other aspects and performance at other depths the Heavy lift semi-submersibles are ideal as they can test a variety of depths and are inherently mobile.

upon close examination of pic i can say that's not single ship.. there are 3 (2+1) barge/tug boat type vessels. all 2 look same .

You may be right but, to me, the characteristics are point to a heavy lift semi-submersible vessel. The bridge/island structure on the right is a big giveaway- you wouldn't see a stand alone vessel with such a unique design.

That's the point, the engine ignition of a SLBM only takes place above the surface of water & below it, it travels only by the starting inertia provided by the sub. Look at the Trident launch.

That i know dude..but @ 0:14 the already ignited state separates and the second stage ingntes..so in the intermediate gap there was a momentary reduction in the flame..that was my doubt and now its cool.

@Royal Gujjar if only i could thank u twice. Ended my day on a high note.

From the day i watched a slbm launch on you tube long time back, i wanted to see our launch. Finally i saw it.

Majaa a gaya yaar.

Koi ni yaar, Its proud moment for all Indians, we have finally joined elite group of 5 nations who poses this technology.

Kudos to our Hard working scientists :tup:

And believe me the real treat would be the Video of K-4 Launch from Arihant :cheers:

Just to clarify, was this launch from a sub or a pontoon? Thank you.

Magnificent!!! Awesome!!
Outstanding work by DRDO. Its a visual treat and proud moment, best of 2013 I wish!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Kinetic bhai after so many years hai na, feeling proud.

Just to clarify, was this launch from a sub or a pontoon? Thank you.

Most probably it is a pontoon launch, till now there is no news regarding sub launch for K-15.

Back
Top Bottom