What's new

First Look At Futuristic Variant Of India's Tejas Fighter - Orca

I must admit, I'm still not sure what to think of this !? ... bat anyway I think it is worth a separate thread since it is no longer the original Tejas:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/if-...of-tejas-could-match-iafs-rafale-jets-2159016
The only tense suitable for this plane is "past tense".
I must admit, I'm still not sure what to think of this !? ... bat anyway I think it is worth a separate thread since it is no longer the original Tejas:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/if-...of-tejas-could-match-iafs-rafale-jets-2159016

Orca, Tiger, Elephant....no name can change the fate of this project.

Seems like the French have been giving lots of assistance to HAL concerned parties.. It seems to be a descendent of mirage 4000.
The problem is that its a twin engine fighter and procurement as replacement to mig21/tejas does not seem cost effective.
Neither does procurement of it along rafale .

Probabilities of induction could be
1-A single engine fighter version which would serve well as a medium weight fighter which would server well for IAF .
2- A naval version for aircraft carriers which would serve good for its role and test/validation of any technology related to aircraft carriers for any 5th gen procurement..

Reminder that this is my opinion and is based on speculation

Crappy graphics renders are easy. DODO are very good at them. Building production ready front line platforms... less so... let them doddle.....

No Sir, in next century. They shows too many hard points, even Rafale didn't have too many like this.
India of 80's is a poor nation, isolated itself of the world. It went about Tejas on it's own. Hence the delay. New India is open, vibrant, industrious, you'll see that similar projects gets done in time, at price.

Tejas is not fully ready and then another similar 4th plane, I can't get Indian's logic behind this move.
Doesn't make sense at all.

Wee will never see any variant of Tejas fully inducted and in action, it will always be under development for future.

Tejas is not meant to be used in any "Present"times......

IAF Chief BS Dhanoa " The mater mind of IAF strategy during 26/27 Feb 2019" has said it clearly.

Pakistan's JF-17 aircraft of present, but Tejas aircraft of future, says IAF chief
Air Force Chief B S Dhanoa today said, if Pakistan's fighter jet JF-17 is an aircraft of the present, then indigenously developed Tejas is the future.

Tejas is not fully ready and then another similar 4th plane, I can't get Indian's logic behind this move.
Doesn't make sense at all.
It's because Tejas Mk1 has been ready for a long time, with a few more additional things added in time. The idea that it's not ready is simply because it wasn't mass produced. Mk1 became less of a necessity with the upgrades on almost all IAF fighters, especially the Bison. The idea was to invest in more capable Tejas variants, starting with MK1A (eqvnt to PAF Blk3).

When it's about design and development, success shouldn't be measured by production numbers. It's about the capabilities we gain along the way. The picture will completely change in a decade, and then it'll make sense.

It's because Tejas Mk1 has been ready for a long time, with a few more additional things added in time. The idea that it's not ready is simply because it wasn't mass produced. Mk1 became less of a necessity with the upgrades on almost all IAF fighters, especially the Bison. The idea was to invest in more capable Tejas variants, starting with MK1A (eqvnt to PAF Blk3).

When it's about design and development, success shouldn't be measured by production numbers. It's about the capabilities we gain along the way. The picture will completely change in a decade, and then it'll make sense.
It makes sense if it's based on Tejas.
I heard it's from scratch from some Indian website as I remembered.

It makes sense if it's based on Tejas.
I heard it's from scratch from some Indian website as I remembered.
Every fighter (and one LIFT) India has in development, naval or air force, except AMCA, is based on the Tejas/LCA.

Looks very Rafale like.
If India can get the Kaveri engine working , then I can see them getting to current Rafale level within 10 years.
Thanks for this thread as I think it is interesting to discuss.

Very unlikely....Jet engines are tough nuts to crack...India doesnot even produce small turbocharged sports car engines...Make a turbocharged inline four..and may be then the public will have confidence that India can crack jet engines

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom