What's new

First Look At Futuristic Variant Of India's Tejas Fighter - Orca

In its current project management process, it wont fly until 2040.

Under a private organization or manufacturer, it will be operational in ten years.

@JamD ... interesting stuff here from HAL/ADA.

This is the line of thought I was referring to for a 'JF-17 NG'. I think some of India's defence planners are thinking, "we need a FGFA (AMCA) and a lower-cost complement, ORCA." What's more interesting is that it apparently won't materialize until after AMCA.

This is the line of thought I was referring to for a 'JF-17 NG'. I think some of India's defence planners are thinking, "we need a FGFA (AMCA) and a lower-cost complement, ORCA." What's more interesting is that it apparently won't materialize until after AMCA.

Unfortunately for the Indians it will not be technical aspect that holds them back but bureaucracy and politics. Tejas was a solid aircraft had it arrived on time. We would need to see more details about this concept. If it has unrealistic goals like the original Tejas, this too will meet the same fate.

In my opinion, the primary challenge India faces is that of bureaucracy. What corruption is to Pakistan, Bureaucracy is to India. Over the years, India does have developed some core competencies in various aspects of aerospace research like aerodynamic layout design and refinement via a lot of wind tunnel tests, control law: Fly by wire system- they have a complete hardware in loop simulation (HILS) just to validate their control algorithms for Tejas and this facility has all the sensor and actuator suite with in built redundancies, radar related developments, composites and now the BVR development has achieved maturity recently (with IAF now placing order for 200 Astra Mk1 systems). Gas turbines still remain the weakest link!
Having said that, I feel going full on twin engine with Tejas would surely delay the program. They are being too ambitious and the engineering challenges simply cant be overcome in just 5 years!
It is for this reason I feel, they should try to first develop the "enlarged" version of tejas with GE414 along with canards to gain experience with FBW design under canards etc. Once they have matured this enhanced single engine tejas to the satisfaction of the user, they can gradually switch over to AMCA.

NLCA Mk1 has landed on the aircraft carrier INS Vikramādityan today morning.

Soon there'll be take-off as well.

I must admit, I'm still not sure what to think of this !? ... bat anyway I think it is worth a separate thread since it is no longer the original Tejas:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/if-...of-tejas-could-match-iafs-rafale-jets-2159016
It is very pity that this boy already lost his race. We are flying high with JF17 for more then 10 years now and Tejas is still trying to search his role in Airforce.

Umm, this is going to be developed by ADA-Navy team who was involved in LCA Mk1 Navy Trainer and NP2.

The team of MWF and AMCA is totally different and PDR are formulated according to IAF demand.

While TEDBF/ORCA is a navy project, not of IAF.

I dislike close coupled delta design's, since such designs are pitch sensitive and limit some critical combat maneuvers. Also conformal fuel tanks will not work with a cc delta - since cc delta's are very sensitive to center of gravity - probably why you see production Rafale's flying with lots of drop tanks but no conformal tanks.
The PDR is not finished yet.

It is very pity that this boy already lost his race. We are flying high with JF17 for more then 10 years now and Tejas is still trying to search his role in Airforce.
Ohh, yes. Whenever we deploy it in FOBs, it be fully operational.

Not like still trying to achieve to become high performance fighter. And not even able to achieve 150 hours in whole year.

Future is stealth or is it not for IAF ?
For god sake this is not a AF project.

I dislike close coupled delta design's, since such designs are pitch sensitive and limit some critical combat maneuvers. Also conformal fuel tanks will not work with a cc delta - since cc delta's are very sensitive to center of gravity - probably why you see production Rafale's flying with lots of drop tanks but no conformal tanks.

Who knows, ADA guys would have found the solution of the issues if it works the way you describe.

India has passed a stage when it used to take a long time to get freeze the design of any fighter aircraft. Now India has lots of data, programs , simulater and wind tunnel in place so as the manpower with lots of experience in designing and RND. Any future aircraft project from now onwards will not be a difficult task at all for India. India has now developed World class tadars and electronic Warfare suit as well. India has designed excellent smart bombs , anti airfield weapons, air to air missile as well as standoff weapons. Now almost all building blocks of Technology in the field of air warfare are in place except the engine where some building blocks are missing. Once India overcome this problems, India will have a full-fledged ecosystem in place in the field of of aerial warfare. From here toward, future of India in this area looks very bright.
Well............okay then.

@KapitaanAli @Surya 1 @Juggernaut_is_here @Zapper

Dear Friends,
Naval LCA was REJECTED by navy... still they are testing it on INS Vikramaditya... Systems/sub-systems are UNDER TESTING so that the future jet can be materialized quickly...
people here can laugh and make fun of Tejas but we Indians know the reality... it is a founding stone for future jets...

I'm only worried about Scamgress... they are the only one who can derail the defense manufacturing dreams of INDIA...

@KapitaanAli @Surya 1 @Juggernaut_is_here @Zapper

Dear Friends,
Naval LCA was REJECTED by navy... still they are testing it on INS Vikramaditya... Systems/sub-systems are UNDER TESTING so that the future jet can be materialized quickly...
people here can laugh and make fun of Tejas but we Indians know the reality... it is a founding stone for future jets...

I'm only worried about Scamgress... they are the only one who can derail the defense manufacturing dreams of INDIA...

8Naval Tejas shall be built fro training. When ORCA comes, we shall have a fully train manpower available then.
Don't worry about the comments of losers. They are worth nothing.

these r just computer generated images nothing more

a kid can make few in his PC

nothing tangible done for mk2 yet other then claims

upload_2020-1-15_22-54-48.png

It is drastically different from Tejas, a different weight class, different lengths, and potential capabilities. It will be unfair to call it Tejas.

How do y’all receive the JF-17? The whole aircraft is shipped from China along with a dabba of green paint so PAC can paint it in PAF’s colors!!

Paksitan has close to 120 units flying and is ready to shatter the enemy. That is the most satisfying part of Pakistan. For Indians, their comfort comes from thinking that JF-17 wasn't made in Pakistan. See the difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom