What's new

France to help India realise high-speed train dream

Then you have no idea what you are talking about.

Buddy, the way things are done in INDIA is vastly different from China. There the govt issue order and next day the entire community will be shifted from that place by hook or crook.

In INDIA the company may have to fight lengthy court battles and shady NGOs to get things going.

So I am highly apprehensive of chinese companies or for that matter any foreign company vying for large infra projects.

Then you have no idea what you are talking about.

When it comes to HSR, Japan & France are the names that first comes to mind. China have a long way to go before becoming the 'king of HSR hill'...not to mention the previous 2 countries provide loans as well.

When it comes to HSR, Japan & France are the names that first comes to mind. China have a long way to go before becoming the 'king of HSR hill'...not to mention the previous 2 countries provide loans as well.

I think Chinese HSR is based on Shinkansen, then it would be better to go for Shinkansen.

Buddy, the way things are done in INDIA is vastly different from China. There the govt issue order and next day the entire community will be shifted from that place by hook or crook.

In INDIA the company may have to fight lengthy court battles and shady NGOs to get things going.

So I am highly apprehensive of chinese companies or for that matter any foreign company vying for large infra projects.

The easiest way to derail any such project is to call it ' a rich' thing made on the 'backs' of poor.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I think Chinese HSR is based on Shinkansen, then it would be better to go for Shinkansen.

Chinese HSR is based on Japan & Germany..but why go for duplicate when you can have the original.

If it is not a matter of 'honor' China successfully implemented this high speed railway project across China already and has been doing it for multiple countries already. I am sure the Chinese would be able to do this for the Indians since its a technology already well mastered.

Only if they offer full TOT....and good price..

I don't mind the project being done by Chinese companies, if they can offer a good price for the same quality offered by the other countries. Whether they can do that, is for them to demonstrate.

One issue that has come up with Chinese companies in other foreign countries is that they tend to bring all the workers, engineers etc from China, and don't hire anybody from the localities. This often causes resentment in the local populations of those countries. I'm sure the government wouldn't allow that to happen in India.

So in China's limited operation of HSR (relatively)it has become a master so quickly that it can rival giants in this sector such as Japan and France who have been doing so for decades?!!

Then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

China just copied the HSR technologies from Bombardier and Alstom and removed the safety limits to run the trains at higher speeds with scant regards to the safety of the passengers.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Currently the CHinese have the world speed records in HSR trains and also the biggest HSR network already constructed and planned for construction. However, the original technology is stolen from the French, Canadians and Japanese.

there should be open tender to complete these projects, just like mmrca. Japan, Germany, France,Singapore, south Korea, Canada etc etc will all bid for the contract at best price available.

For the mmrca, getting the best aircraft was more important than avoiding a lengthy tender. However, in this case, it doesn't make sense to spend several years deciding which bid to use before beginning work on the train system.

If it is not a matter of 'honor' China successfully implemented this high speed railway project across China already and has been doing it for multiple countries already. I am sure the Chinese would be able to do this for the Indians since its a technology already well mastered.
I think China is the only country where Maglev trains are running commercially today. Despite the losses which forced other countries to shut down their maglev lines, China is still operating them. I would love to see partnership with China in this area.

Back
Top Bottom