What's new

France to help India realise high-speed train dream

I dont think that it is wise for INDIA to persue on a ambitious project of this magnitude in its present state.
The slum walas of every town use The INDINA RAILWAY tracks as thier toilet. Stray dogs run amock on the tracks and people irresponsibily drive thier vehicles on un-maned level crossing,
The people of INDIA have to become more law abiding before the Government of INDIA makes such a leap.

PM powers Kerala
Kerala speed rail project to get Japanese bullet trains | India Dreams Big
hey guys here is the good news kerala's dream also coming true,japan offers most advanced I-700 series trains of Shinkansen series.
These trains are capable of touching a top speed of 350 km/hr,and also the project loan.... check the above links

It seems Kerala government is moving fast for bullet trains but it sounds astonishing that both Kerala Government and Central government will construct their separate lines from Kochi to Thiruvananthapuram.

If it is not a matter of 'honor' China successfully implemented this high speed railway project across China already and has been doing it for multiple countries already. I am sure the Chinese would be able to do this for the Indians since its a technology already well mastered.

Chinese companies already participate in some Infrastructure projects in India.

Example I can think of off the top of my head is GIFT.(Gujarat International Finance Tec-City)

Design and Architecture - East China Architectural Design & Research Institute (ECADI) and Fairwood Consultants India.

GIFT_large_.jpg

Gift-Final-12.jpg

You can even see some of these towers looks like the ones in China.

I don't think China is out of the question..

I dont think that it is wise for INDIA to persue on a ambitious project of this magnitude in its present state.
The slum walas of every town use The INDINA RAILWAY tracks as thier toilet. Stray dogs run amock on the tracks and people irresponsibily drive thier vehicles on un-maned level crossing,
The people of INDIA have to become more law abiding before the Government of INDIA makes such a leap.

High Speed Railway will run on elevated corridor mostly.

Chinese companies already participate in some Infrastructure projects in India.

Example I can think of off the top of my head is GIFT.(Gujarat International Finance Tec-City)

Design and Architecture - East China Architectural Design & Research Institute (ECADI) and Fairwood Consultants India.

Gift-Final-12.jpg

You can even see some of these towers looks like the ones in China.

I don't think China is out of the question..

The building in the right right side seems very similar to the CCTV building in Beijing. It is supposed to have the second largest floor area after Pentagon.

cc1.jpg

BTW.. I don't see any problem in using Chinese companies in building non-strategic infrastructure constructions. The Chinese are among the best and efficient when it comes to civil constructions.

The building in the right right side seems very similar to the CCTV building in Beijing. It is supposed to have the second largest floor area after Pentagon.

cc1.jpg

BTW.. I don't see any problem in using Chinese companies in building non-strategic infrastructure constructions. The Chinese are among the best and efficient when it comes to civil constructions.

Dude, not just that..

dhfittosize_800_600_d9cd9f7abba63ae5d668e3b32b9a7dcd_shanghaiworldcenter.jpeg

shanghai world financial center
200px-%E6%B7%B1%E5%9C%B3%E2%80%9C%E4%BA%AC%E5%9F%BA100%E2%80%9D%E6%91%A9%E5%A4%A9%E5%A4%A7%E6%A5%BC.jpg

Kingkey 100

The designers of these are Europeans and Americans, but I guess the Chinese modified it and brought it to Gujarat.

So in China's limited operation of HSR (relatively)it has become a master so quickly that it can rival giants in this sector such as Japan and France who have been doing so for decades?!!

Then you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

It is not that simple. A Japanese column writer 加藤嘉一 has written an article on how Chinese acquire knowledges from Japan/German/France/Canada. China had all manufactures meet in the same conference room in Beijing so that they can point fingers on each other and beat each other to the lowest price. In the end, China got technology transfers from pretty much all of them therefore you see Chinese trains resembing Japan/French/German models (And the noise that China "stole" the technology) He said China actually owns the most comprehansive knowledge of high speed train system (Train, railway construction, signaling system, communication, software etc). Yes, China is still young in this field and it takes time to put theory into practice. But it has its own advantages.

Anyway for India it is all about which country gives the best bargain at this point. Pride should be a non factor. For big countries like India, getting technical transfer should be very important and should be part of the deal. In a long run, the benefit of building your own system is priceless. Employment of unskilled workers, experience in system engineering, national pride, technology improvement from/on other sectors, just name a few.

Dude, not just that..

dhfittosize_800_600_d9cd9f7abba63ae5d668e3b32b9a7dcd_shanghaiworldcenter.jpeg

shanghai world financial center
200px-%E6%B7%B1%E5%9C%B3%E2%80%9C%E4%BA%AC%E5%9F%BA100%E2%80%9D%E6%91%A9%E5%A4%A9%E5%A4%A7%E6%A5%BC.jpg

Kingkey 100

The designers of these are Europeans and Americans, but I guess the Chinese modified it and brought it to Gujarat.

The GIFT picture is just an artists impression, not an actual render. I think GIFT plan got shelved as well.

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

It is not that simple. A Japanese column writer 加藤嘉一 has written an article on how Chinese acquire knowledges from Japan/German/France/Canada. China had all manufactures meet in the same conference room in Beijing so that they can point fingers on each other and beat each other to the lowest price. In the end, China got technology transfers from pretty much all of them therefore you see Chinese trains resembing Japan/French/German models (And the noise that China "stole" the technology) He said China actually owns the most comprehansive knowledge of high speed train system (Train, railway construction, signaling system, communication, software etc). Yes, China is still young in this field and it takes time to put theory into practice. But it has its own advantages.

Anyway for India it is all about which country gives the best bargain at this point. Pride should be a non factor. For big countries like India, getting technical transfer should be very important and should be part of the deal. In a long run, the benefit of building your own system is priceless. Employment of unskilled workers, experience in system engineering, national pride, technology improvement from/on other sectors, just name a few.

In this case the French Minister made the offer, am sure if Chinese companies/minister made offers for investment and TOT to India, wewill jump on the offer. Indian cities are already procuring buses and metro trains from China I don't see why they wuldn't go for Chinese HSR, if they are reliable and cost effective.

China will have to take the initiative. Indian ministers and bureaucrats are unfortunately not know for their pro activeness.

^^^
Japanese have done a study about increasing the speed of current railways to 200 kmph. If that happens its good otherwise we should go for Chinese solutions.

Chinese companies will be stupid to participate in this. The project is going to lag for like 20 years. Just imagine all the land negotiation, legal process, government red tape.... I don't think any Chinese company has the stomach to put up with all that. Forget it. Let the French or the Japanese have this deal.

Bullet trains in India is still viable for journey for 500-1000km but not suitable for 1500-2000km long journey because in that case people mostly prefer flights. That's why there would be no high speed rail between Mumbai and Delhi.

Back
Top Bottom