What's new

Gave Pak F-16 intel to US claims humiliated India

Updated: Mar 30, 2019 09:08:52
By Shishir Gupta

India has shared critical evidence with the US that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) indeed used F-16 fighters in its attempted strike on February 27 in Jammu and Kashmir’s Nowshera sector as a counter to the Indian Air Force (IAF) strike on a Jaish-e-Mohammed training camp in Balakot, Pakistan, the previous day.

South Block officials said on condition of anonymity that this evidence – call signs associated with PAF F-16s, and specific details of the AIM-120 Advanced Medium Range Air To Air Missile (AMRAAM) used by the intruding fighting falcons – were shared with the US through institutionalised intelligence channels.
The PAF lost one F-16 aircraft that day in a dogfight with a Russian MiG-21 Bison flown by Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman. The details in the recovered expended missile correspond to the consignment lot sold by the US to Pakistan, the officials added.

India has not shared radar signatures of the F-16s used in the Nowshera fight as this information would also compromise the security of the IAF.

New Delhi also knows the name of the pilot of the downed F-16 shot down by Varthaman, the officials said. Photographs of the recovered engine cowling of the F-16 downed in Azad Kashmir that were examined by IAF experts shows that it has nothing to do with Varthaman’s MiG-21-Bison, the officials added. While the photograph shows the recovered part without rivets, the MiG-21 engine cowling has rivets at multiple places, they said.

While Major General Asif Ghafoor, chief spokesperson of the Pakistan Armed Forces, denied the use of F-16s in the Nowshera fight on February 27, he changed his statement on March 24 in an interview to Sputnik in Islamabad. He was quoted as saying: “As regards to how to use F-16, in what context (they) were used or not — because at that point of time our entire Air Force was airborne — it remains between Pakistan and the US to see how the MoUs (memorandums of understanding) regarding the use of F-16 have been adhered to or otherwise.”

The statement was made in the context that the US sold F-16 fighters to Pakistan on condition that they will not be used in aggression against any other country, but only in the war against terror.

According to the South Block officials, while the Pentagon knows that F-16s were used by Pakistan and not the over-rated Chinese JF-17s, the downing of a fighting falcon by a lowly Fishbed, the NATO name of the MiG-21, is a bitter pill to for it to swallow both militarily and commercially.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...to-pakistan/story-H8ylddCaDwVErpgdThAPUJ.html

LOL!
And USA would have said to Indians

Do u chump really think that USA needs yr so called intelligence to know were f16 used or in which role.Sonnies ;)

When will these bharatis stop whining like dehati aurats?

We were talking about indian media and for our own side?really they seriously need some hard work indian media is selling their lies everywhere and they are hiding on every international forum """ ""jo dikhta hai woh bikta hai "" if its indian lie.PTV budget 5 billion ??? what the hell they are doing with it give it to some private media house they can do much better than state media
And i am saying their media is doing great sellig their propoganda while we cant even sell our truth!

I know the US will do what ever it can to TRY to keep balance in regions. Even if it means playing groups of people one against another... Sadly, a lot of folks in America haven't learned about the game. So, here in the US we don't know what really happened between the Pakistan and India...

As i saw Pakistanis tuned in to india media as they dont understand urdu

What a pathetic nation with pathetic armed forces lolz !!

So true and as we all see how much fight fought on social media too (main part of 5th gen warfare ) here those civilian did the hard work (incl this forum ) along with ISPR but nothing substantial from state media before next one we should get prepared for it
1)make another cell (preferably head by current dg ispr when he retired not only he showed skill also got his own fan following now :)
2)get in touch with all top media brains in country (field of university ) and make an proper plan publish articles how to do it
3)and i hope they re structure electronic media too at least give them proper guide line during such time.If PTV shows their incompetence than private electronic media proved they all have their own agendas to pursuit unlike indian media which even come on one page
And i am saying their media is doing great sellig their propoganda while we cant even sell our truth!

The whole world has blown Indian claims to bits. None of the neutral third party news sources are backing up Indian lies...in fact they line up more or less with Pak's official claims. Indian propaganda is only working on Indian sheep.

We will continue to use F-16s however we like them, both US and India can go **** themselves or each other for that matter.

So true and as we all see how much fight fought on social media too (main part of 5th gen warfare ) here those civilian did the hard work (incl this forum ) along with ISPR but nothing substantial from state media before next one we should get prepared for it
1)make another cell (preferably head by current dg ispr when he retired not only he showed skill also got his own fan following now :)
2)get in touch with all top media brains in country (field of university ) and make an proper plan publish articles how to do it
3)and i hope they re structure electronic media too at least give them proper guide line during such time.If PTV shows their incompetence than private electronic media proved they all have their own agendas to pursuit unlike indian media which even come on one page
We need to tell our bablu information minister to start a world class engish channel like RT, bbc, cnn..i am sure the costvis worth it

Reads like a piece of satire, throwing sarcasm on IAF and Indian thinking(or the lack of it)

It should have been mentioned in the bottom of the article.

Laugh till you cry.

Back
Top Bottom