What's new

General Kayani Decides to retire.

RAZPAK you are right and I would use a more appropriate word but the forum might ban me for that .

And my Indian friend who is saying " KIYAHI IS BEST GENERAL" what is that you like about him if I may ask.

Thaanda Jurnail is always Best in Indian books :pop:

RAZPAK you are right and I would use a more appropriate word but the forum might ban me for that .

And my Indian friend who is saying " KIYAHI IS BEST GENERAL" what is that you like about him if I may ask.

Muradk, we have not interacted, and I am not your friend (not really) but let me answer that.

As background, my father was an IA general, so I have some (old) second hand knowledge of and (first hand) respect for the Indian AND Pakistani Army. One of my oldest memories as a 5/6 year old is going right up to the border and having a Pakistani Ranger pick me up in his arms and hug me*. Unforgettable.

IMO Kiyani will go down as one of the greatest professional army commanders of Pakistan. He had many tough choices to make and he took all of them well; at the end of the day he made them and kept intact the army, prevented the US from further interference, maintained the aggression against India, allowed democracy to keep on an even keel (such as it was); and he did not start a coup even though he could have- EASILY. In PA'S history, that is an amazing quality- you have to admit that.

I understand that there are charges if nepotism against Kiyani. However, when analyzing his role from a global/ strategic perspective that does not matter, not really.

We can discuss this in detail tomorrow.

* I was around five years old, the Ranger said "Isko Pakistan me rakhte hain"

I started to blubber, yelled WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH, and demanded to go back to my Mommy, what did y'all expect? :lol:

Thaanda Jurnail is always Best in Indian books :pop:

Nonsense. For one, a few of PA's highest given awards for valor in battle are based on, or supported by, recommendations from Indians.

For two, unlike y'all, we appreciate competent professionalism, even in the enemy.

Nonsense. For one, a few of PA's highest given awards for valor in battle are based on, or supported by, recommendations from Indians.

For two, unlike y'all, we appreciate competent professionalism, even in the enemy.

And what recognition of bravery of soldier in battlefield has to do with Kyani being "Thanda Jurnail" ??? Do you even know the meaning of "Thaanda" :pop:

And what recognition of bravery of soldier in battlefield has to do with Kyani being "Thanda Jurnail" ???

The same logic that refuses to recognize a dispassionate evaluation of military affairs.

Do you even know the meaning of "Thaanda" :pop:

I do. Except it's spelt and pronounced "thanda" where I come from. Not that that's important.

Breaking News! General Kayani Decides to retire and will not seek an extension. A healthy sign for our policymaking and institutional maturity.

General Kayani cannot decide to Retire or not to retire.

The decision is not General Kayani's to make.

He was supposed to retire on 28th November 2010 but was given a three year extension by then PM Gilani.

His extension period ends on 28th November 2013 and he has to go. It is not for him to decide to stay on or not.

That decision is for the current PM Sharif to make and it would be highly unusual to get the second extension.

The same logic that refuses to recognize a dispassionate evaluation of military affairs.

I do. Except it's spelt and pronounced "thanda" where I come from. Not that that's important.

And - you know internal dynamics of Pakistan more than Pakistanis? So, your evaluation must be considered final.

As background, my father was an IA general, so I have some (old) second hand knowledge of and (first hand) respect for the Indian AND Pakistani Army. One of my oldest memories as a 5/6 year old is going right up to the border and having a Pakistani Ranger pick me up in his arms and hug me*. Unforgettable.

I started to blubber, yelled WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH, and demanded to go back to my Mommy, what did y'all expect? :lol:

Ahhh so you're the 'asset' my Ranger Uncle used to say we cultivated at a young age ! :whistle:

Just Kidding ! :omghaha:

Kiyani was disengaged from reality and seemed to be smoking charas for the majority of his tenure. Many lives have been lost in Pakistan, because of his aloof character.

I wouldn't say he was thanda ya aggressive, but completely clueless.

He is responsible for the deaths of many of our jawans on our Eastern border for being completely docile in nature. We don't need a war-mongering general, but at the same time we need somebody that is firm and looks out for our interests.

I believe Kiyani should be held accountable for his terrible decision-making and also lack of decision making.

Ahhh so you're the 'asset' my Ranger Uncle used to say we cultivated at a young age ! :whistle:

Just Kidding ! :omghaha:

If he was the 100 foot tall Ranger (as I thought then) , your uncle scared the living daylights out of me at the age of 6 to cultivate anyone!

And - you know internal dynamics of Pakistan more than Pakistanis? So, your evaluation must be considered final.

No, I do not know even 10 % of the internal dynamics of Pakistan compared to Pakistanis.

And no my evaluation is not to be considered final.

But what is your point?

Good riddance. He was the most useless COAS in the history of Pakistan.

Muradk, we have not interacted, and I am not your friend (not really) but let me answer that.

IMO Kiyani will go down as one of the greatest professional army commanders of Pakistan. He had many tough choices to make and he took all of them well; at the end of the day he made them and kept intact the army, prevented the US from further interference, maintained the aggression against India, allowed democracy to keep on an even keel (such as it was); and he did not start a coup even though he could have- EASILY. In PA'S history, that is an amazing quality- you have to admit that.

I understand that there are charges if nepotism against Kiyani. However, when analyzing his role from a global/ strategic perspective that does not matter, not really.

We can discuss this in detail tomorrow.

Probably you are right I don't know you so you are not my friend. I am a civilian so don't know much about Army or Indian Army. So I should just listen and read your threads because your father was a IA General and you know more about IA and even more about Pakistan Army.

Probably you are right I don't know you so you are not my friend. I am a civilian so don't know much about Army or Indian Army. So I should just listen and read your threads because your father was a IA General and you know more about IA and even more about Pakistan Army.

Nice to have you back sirjee.

Back
Top Bottom