What's new

Geo's back! | Geo TV shuts down!

They can only come back on air if they sign that agreement however GEO didn't sign the agreement so they wont be allowed to come on air that what I heard from the anchor.

It was better to sign the PEMRA ordinance and stay tunned, rather go for straight confrontation. God knows who gave them guarantee that govt of Pakistan is powerless and has no say in Dubai.

(m) not broadcast anything which defames or brings into ridicule the Head of State, or members of the armed forces, or executive, legislative or judicial organs of the state;

(n) not broadcast any programme or discussion on a matter which is sub-judice; and

The contentious provisions I imagine.

They should have attached something that only made it applicable of the "defaming" was done without any evidence.

Also isn't ARY owned by the gold trader that BB cut an exclusive deal with, to import Gold into Pakistan?

I just want to add the Pakistani community here loves Geo even though sometimes they do show bias, but they love them for showing the scences that cant be seen on the state controlled television, I got so many texts to day saying Geo has been forced etc, this will fuel the community to take more actions against the Dictatorship.

I use to watch Geo for the current news in Pakistan and what was happening during the Marshal law. But when I heard they took the news and breaking news away, I never felt this sad about what is happening.

I condem it I hope all channals reagain their rights to broadcast.

Btw ARY is also being told to shut down.

It was better to sign the PEMRA ordinance and stay tunned, rather go for straight confrontation. God knows who gave them guarantee that govt of Pakistan is powerless and has no say in Dubai.
They would be accepting unconstitutional norms then.

As expected, geo had a problem accepting this:

(m) not broadcast anything which defames or brings into ridicule the Head of State, or members of the armed forces, or executive, legislative or judicial organs of the state;

Which goes against the freedom of speech and all the reasonable instances of restrictions on it:
Every citizen shall have the right to freedom of speech and expression, and there shall be freedom of the press, subject to any reasonable restrictions imposed by law in the interest of the glory of Islam or the integrity, security or defence of Pakistan or any part thereof, friendly relations with foreign States, public order, decency or morality, or in relation to contempt of court,[15][commission of] or incitement to an offence.

I just want to add the Pakistani community here loves Geo even though sometimes they do show bias, but they love them for showing the scences that cant be seen on the state controlled television, I got so many texts to day saying Geo has been forced etc, this will fuel the community to take more actions against the Dictatorship.

I use to watch Geo for the current news in Pakistan and what was happening during the Marshal law. But when I heard they took the news and breaking news away, I never felt this sad about what is happening.

I condem it I hope all channals reagain their rights to broadcast.

Btw ARY is also being told to shut down.
I never supported Geo from the suspension of CJ to their coverage of this Emergency. However I feel it is my patriotic duty to speak up where I see obvious harm to the legacy of Pakistan.

Not everyone loved Geo. I know many who were totally fed up of the bias they showed. But it was their right to do so.

I never supported Geo from the suspension of CJ to their coverage of this Emergency. However I feel it is my patriotic duty to speak up where I see obvious harm to the legacy of Pakistan.

Not everyone loved Geo. I know many who were totally fed up of the bias they showed. But it was their right to do so.

At least agree on that there was more media coverage than before, wouldn't you support more coverage than no coverage at all. Now there is very little or no coverge on the marshal law imposed on Pakistan.

Doesn't it worry you that our constitution is suspended and that the Pakistanis now dont have the basic rights.

They would be accepting unconstitutional norms then.

Agree, but heat of the moment. Laws can be change and modified with passage of time. Better take heat or just walk away. Walking away is no cure.

As far as basic right, in our country basic right is food, job and gossip. We have enough of that..

Today (11/16/07) it's 16:20 Hrs in Illinois;USA . Geo is till ON. They should learn a good lesson by spreading wild News against Pakistan world Wide and then there few compares ignited tension in the Mass.

the only thing musharraf did in this 8 yrs was to free the media..he used to say the same thing but now even he ruined that achievement...he is just trying to make pakistan worse only because he wants to remain in the seat. he always say that pakistan need me. we have 160 million population and obviously thr r ppl who r million times better than him.....so

Agree, but heat of the moment. Laws can be change and modified with passage of time. Better take heat or just walk away. Walking away is no cure.

As far as basic right, in our country basic right is food, job and gossip. We have enough of that..

No they didn't walk away they stood on their words and for that they will be remembered.

if musharaff is wrong than he is wrong and media doesn't have to neutral
Musharaff kicked CJ with no ******* evidence
he raped our Constitution so many times
why should geo be neutral or even defend that son of *****
this is against our constitution oh will who gives a **** about our constitution

Today (11/16/07) it's 16:20 Hrs in Illinois;USA . Geo is till ON. They should learn a good lesson by spreading wild News against Pakistan world Wide and then there few compares ignited tension in the Mass.
The Bulk of Geo's viewers are in Asia. The broadcast goes on from Dubai.

Indian news channels reported that the Dubai government stepped in. Well it was obvious they did it.

Anyway Geo TV is still up but they have been forced not to show any News.

Salam,

See what happen, if we supported the wrong thing, Musharaaf rule is wrong, will be worng and was wrong, and for those who supporting Mushi, please see what your mushi doing, for remaining in Power, but please remember Ultimate Powers are for the Allah, and all other powers always have end, and i think in few days , we will see Mushi End.

Danish saleem

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom