What's new

Getting a new computer

Thunder

Reaction score
Ok since it's EID.Iam either getting a new computer or gettin my old one (which isnt that old) upgraded.The thing is that i know nothing about PCs.So i need help with some things here. :ace:

I want my computer to play all the latest PC games. So what kind of soundcard, 3D card and graphics should i install.And how much more stuff should i install in my coumpter to be able to play all the latest games.

Thnaks

First i would like to know the specifications of your old PC. Like what video card you have, sound card (dont really matter for games, even the crappy one will work) memory, and hard drive space.

You need to tell me these few specs of your old PC then i can tell you if you need to buy an another one or just upgarde the existing one.

However for instance if you current PC turns out be bad. You will need a PC which has a video card of 128MB/256MB (256MB is for if you want to play Battlefield 2) I would suggest getting 256MB video card because i have 128MB and since the games are getting better day by day, they are also increasing their specifications so yeah get 256 one. The memory RAM of the PC should be 512MB which is standard for most new PCs that are coming possibly get 1024MB for RAM, which will be awesome for your new PC. Also hard drives are much cheaper these days. So dont get a PC which has drive space of less than 80GB.

I think the above suggestions are enough, and yeah do pass your specs of your old PC.

Well i had my PC for studies and not for games.So it's not exectly all that as you thought.It has 7GB.256MB ram. Iam getting a new hard drive which will upgrade my GB's to Atleast 25-30 GB's. I will also be getting more RAM. A sound card and new graphics.So how will 1000 MB RAM, 30-80GB, And what kind of graphic cards should i get installed.And what sound card.

And is there anything else that i should get installed.

Thanks

I dont think you will be able to install 1000MB RAM because your PC is still old, seeing the space of 256.

Sound Card: Dont matter they are relatively cheap, any card available in the market should work.
Graphics Card: I would prefer Radeon and then Nvidia. Any of that card from the company would work. Radeon is much better, dont get any card which is less than 128MB, if you want to play high performance games.

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Nov 5 2005, 08:09 PM
I dont think you will be able to install 1000MB RAM because your PC is still old, seeing the space of 256.

Sound Card: Dont matter they are relatively cheap, any card available in the market should work.
Graphics Card: I would prefer Radeon and then Nvidia. Any of that card from the company would work. Radeon is much better, dont get any card which is less than 128MB, if you want to play high performance games.
[post=2339]Quoted post[/post]​

So 500MB RAM.
25-80 GB
Radoen graphics. PS:Is a 3D card any different.

And what is this directX8 ?

Thanks again :cheers:

Originally posted by Awais@Nov 5 2005, 08:33 PM
So 500MB RAM.
25-80 GB
Radoen graphics. PS:Is a 3D card any different.

And what is this directX8 ?

Thanks again  :cheers:
[post=2343]Quoted post[/post]​

Direct8X is just a software you can get that upgraded or you will not need it once you have Radeon Graphics Card.

BTW: dont go with 3D card they are often not for games. I personally dont trust them. :blink:

BTW: dont go with 3D card they are often not for games. I personally dont trust them. :blink:

But i know some games that says that i should have 3D card for the graphics :blink:

Originally posted by Awais@Nov 5 2005, 11:34 PM
But i know some games that says that i should have 3D card for the graphics :blink:
[post=2349]Quoted post[/post]​

3D card is one thing and Video Card is combined with 3D card. So with video card you will fulfill 3D card requirements.

Ok thanks

If there are any other suggestions please post.

:)

Dude i say dont upgrade your PC.

Whats your speed of current PC and what pentium is it?

pentium 3.It's speed i guess is fast.Pretty fast. :BVICTORY:

Originally posted by Awais@Nov 6 2005, 09:57 AM
pentium 3.It's speed i guess is fast.Pretty fast. :BVICTORY:
[post=2370]Quoted post[/post]​
How much Mhz?wat is its FSB?is it branded?if so, from which company?

if you want to go for new pc go for this specifiactions

512 mb ram

3.0ghz intel pentium 4 processor (i hav amd athlon 2000 , 2.4ghz but i prefare pentium 4 processor )

with window xp service pack 2 (but i like mac 10 tiger very much)

buy a original intel motherboard

go for a dvd combo drive not just simple rom there are usless

and do go for a good smp

Originally posted by Owais@Nov 6 2005, 09:11 AM
How much Mhz?wat is its FSB?is it branded?if so, from which company?
[post=2375]Quoted post[/post]​
498MHZ

if you want to go for new pc go for this specifiactions

512 mb ram

3.0ghz intel pentium 4 processor (i hav amd athlon 2000 , 2.4ghz but i prefare pentium 4 processor )

with window xp service pack 2 (but i like mac 10 tiger very much)

buy a original intel motherboard

go for a dvd combo drive not just simple rom there are usless

and do go for a good smp

I have everything expect for the DVD thinge :clap:

Originally posted by Awais@Nov 6 2005, 04:41 PM
498MHZ
I have everything expect for the DVD thinge :clap:
[post=2398]Quoted post[/post]​

And you dont need DVD Burner.. unless you just want a plain DVD Rom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom