What's new

Give Pervez Musharraf Support

good riddens to that theif.

Regardless of the fact that you seem oblivious to humanity, were never taught not to speak evil of the dead or consider that she left a political gap in the country that brought her infamous husband to power; I think you were trying to say "good riddance". At least correct your spellings.

I was trying to say were not we're, you're mistaken. Period follows the quotation mark when not using direct quotation. Here the purpose was emphasis.

Grammar Nazism aside, how is this somehow relevant :-

"we are taught those who did ill in the past will continue to do so in the future"

Will she come out of the grave now?

I am a major contributor to the anti-Musharraf campaign but it is his right to come back and take part in the process (if he is willing to).

Before that, let me correct a few mistakes

No thousands of "brothers and sisters" sold as commonly believed by every Tom, Dick and Harry. It's been discussed in detail, case by case, in the Musharraf sticky thread. Only 8 or 9 Pakistanis who were arrested in Pakistan were ever handed over. Dr. Aafia is irrelevant. She is a US citizen. Don't give me the "daughter of Pakistan BS.

While he most definitely should have demanded more in return and negotiated a better deal, giving the "bases" is not a crime. We gave bases in the cold war as well (albeit for smaller operations). Nobody could have become a stonewall, it is pointless to become one. Neither could have we resisted the US demand to join as an ally in the WoT nor could have resisted any attempts to launch air strikes from our land. CSF, development aid, better terms could have been achieved but this attitude of yours clearly emnates from west-is-against-islam, death-to-america, pan-islamic jihad thoughts. Come out of the "Ahmedinejad rocks" mindset.

Supply line should have been cut. We can support them morally and ideologically but if we aim to settle Kashmir once and for all, a military solution is non-existent and three major adventures are a testament to it.

The talks were a major failure though. Back channel diplomacy didn't yield any results, only promises.

He is a citizen with a constituionally protected fundamental right to live freely, engage in political assembly and run for public office.

Exiles are pointless and shameful for a nation.

Let that happen when he comes back. While I most definitely do not support him nor do I approve of him largely, treason trials are pointless. Give him NRO as well. Move on.

Again, don't give me the Dr. Aafia BS. You give her money, she'll blow you up as well. The "missing people" are the product of dictatorial, totalitarian and autocratic rule. a testament to the time we lived in.

He will most definitely have support among the .1% of the population comprising of friends, extended family and the upwardly mobile urban class. Army brats and teenagers with I-hate-politics attitude don't matter in any political process in Pakistan, they can just post pictures on Facebook and jump around with big statements without ever indulging in anything substantiative.

sparklingway,

To most extent I am pro-Musharaf, that's because I don't find many options other then him when I see towards the lot of our leaders. I feel that he is a sincere leader and always puts Pakistan's interests first. I don't think the leaders from our other political parties have this trait except for PTI.

I think you correctly refuted the things that 'Paksindhi' listed against Musharaf but along with refuting these points you also mentioned you are anti-Musharraf, would you please tell why is that? Also, who else would you like to support?

If I am given an option between Musharaf and Imran I will pick Imran but I feel he won't be able to make it, mostly because of his weak party; I don't see anyone from his party other then him making any impact on the masses.

I don't think the leaders from our other political parties have this trait except for PTI.

PTI does not have "leaders". It has a singular "leader".

I think you correctly refuted the things that 'Paksindhi' listed against Musharaf but along with refuting these points you also mentioned you are anti-Musharraf, would you please tell why is that? Also, who else would you like to support?

I would reconsider using the word "anti-Mushrraf" myself. Seems like the ramblings of a bigoted extremist.

There's a Musharraf sticky thread and you can find the arguments of many people including me in that forum. I have no love lost for a dictator and while I reject their rule entirely, I am willing to debate the supposed economic benefits that successive military juntas have brought us. The ills of chronic dictatorships are unlimited, we do not want any self styled saviors, self righteous and arrogant opportunists who grasp power when their mountain adventures go wrong for they cannot sanely evaluate even the military outcomes let alone diplomatic ones, and we do not need any juntas to rule over us.

If I am given an option between Musharaf and Imran I will pick Imran but I feel he won't be able to make it, mostly because of his weak party; I don't see anyone from his party other then him making any impact on the masses.

I was a member of the PTI for nearly three years and spent a lot of time doing political work with them. Sadly, it's another dictatorship much like other parties in Pakistan. It's a social evil. Debate and dissent are unwelcome, individual expression is trampled upon and a "supreme leader" overshadows everybody else. PTI is no less than a dictatorship, softer versions do not exist. My reasons for living are numerous and I'm convinced that use of religion in political rhetoric or in political actions are a big problem that PTI needs to tackle. I'm extremely left leaning and such views are unwelcome in the dictatorship that is PTI.

best dictotorship??, there are only three degrees to define forceful/self imposed leadership who are destined to follow their own path rather that path defined by the nation which are bad, worse, worst, not good better best.

obviously leadership should be the choice of the people but after leader is chosen he should be given free reign to do what he wants

Last edited:
best dictotorship??, there are only three degrees to define forceful/self imposed leadership who are destined to follow their own path rather that path defined by the nation which are bad, worse, worst, not good better best.

There are alot of stupid ignorant Pakistanis here and it seems abroad. These people can't make the best decisions for themselves. They need to be forced on the right path, they need to be forced to think modern. After all most Pakistanis are illiterate and uneducated. Remember we have the worst educational system in the world.

just because someone doesn't have english school experience doesn't mean they are uneducated. an uneducation person is the person who doesn't have moral education because that is what makes a person do good or bad things. school just gives you knowledge so you can do a job to make a living.

There are alot of stupid ignorant Pakistanis here and it seems abroad. These people can't make the best decisions for themselves. They need to be forced on the right path, they need to be forced to think modern. After all most Pakistanis are illiterate and uneducated. Remember we have the worst educational system in the world.

pakistan was not formed by dictator but by pakistanis and their chosen leader themselves.

please tell me,as i know, you have great hatred for urdu speakers a.k.a muhajirs a.k.a lesser pakistanis or indian blood, so why you support musharraf a.k.a busharraf in the first place.

you are a bacha(kid) and dont deserve to even share you thought.

Last edited:
PTI does not have "leaders". It has a singular "leader".

I would reconsider using the word "anti-Mushrraf" myself. Seems like the ramblings of a bigoted extremist.

There's a Musharraf sticky thread and you can find the arguments of many people including me in that forum. I have no love lost for a dictator and while I reject their rule entirely, I am willing to debate the supposed economic benefits that successive military juntas have brought us. The ills of chronic dictatorships are unlimited, we do not want any self styled saviors, self righteous and arrogant opportunists who grasp power when their mountain adventures go wrong for they cannot sanely evaluate even the military outcomes let alone diplomatic ones, and we do not need any juntas to rule over us.

I was a member of the PTI for nearly three years and spent a lot of time doing political work with them. Sadly, it's another dictatorship much like other parties in Pakistan. It's a social evil. Debate and dissent are unwelcome, individual expression is trampled upon and a "supreme leader" overshadows everybody else. PTI is no less than a dictatorship, softer versions do not exist. My reasons for living are numerous and I'm convinced that use of religion in political rhetoric or in political actions are a big problem that PTI needs to tackle. I'm extremely left leaning and such views are unwelcome in the dictatorship that is PTI.

So it seems like you do not support any of them out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom