What's new

Good General Vs. Bad General: The fake rivalry between Bajwa & Faiz

I disagree. What you have is a generalization of the highest degree.

You folks make it sound like Generals are in the thousands. There are essentially 300-400 generals in the PA. Add another 100 + 100 for PAF/PN and even then this comes out to less than 5% of the overall BPS-19/20/21 (equal to 2, 3 and 4 star) manpower in our bureaucracy. So let's take stock of the magnitude before painting everyone with broad strokes.

Not every general is corrupt just like not every bureaucrat is corrupt. This is something that all those harping on the "corruption of generals" need to pay heed to.

Countless generals have served their country faithfully, honestly, patriotically and gone on to retire into the quiet sunset (recent examples like Lt Gen Tariq Khan and countless others). As such, please check the generalization and stereotyping.

Sarcasm aside, that used to happen since the early days of partition. Indian generals used to visit Pakistan to meet their counterparts until 1964 and vice versa.
Is 300 a small number for you? Think about how many cars, plots and acres of land bought for them from state resources?

If all generals are not corrupt then those who are corrupt should think about it. They are the ones who built this reputation for their institution and they are all rightly getting the blame for it.

i have missed that comment from Imran Khan. they have been in contact since Faiz was a Brigadier,. Imran believed in him for sure. now whether or not Gen Bajwa and Faiz were playing a game is a matter of opinion. it is possible that Faiz was using Khan and fooling him but Khan had a confrontation for Faiz with Gen Bajwa when he was being moved from DG ISI position.

good food for gossip.
In last interview he did mentioned that faiz was not my fav for COAS , it was bajwa who labeled him with me, with this he got support from PDM leaders on extension, secondly he turned the all COAS contenders against me .

So where is the LTG Faiz Hameed fan club now? Wasn't he some sort of knight in shining armor for a certain political demographic?
You should rather question LTG Faiz Hameed hate club that where they are now ? these pmln trolls here and in media who used to say that IK and Faiz were some love buddies.

P.S. just wait and watch these same pmln trolls will start cursing Asim Muneer ('their' man) in few months time if he really remain neutral.

Its laughable the way reality is denied when it does not suit a particular political narrative. This is as big of a "Dhoka" to Pakistanis and the supporters of PTI as anything else. The very first casualty in all of this mess is the truth of the situation if PTI base pushes lies just the same as the other side. What makes them any different than the supporters of PML then?

IK used to meet regularly with LTG FH. This was prior to his tenure in the PM office when FH was DGC, during his tenure in the PM office when FH was DGI and post his tenure in PM office as the liaison between IK and Gen Bajwa.
Fiaz hameed was DGISI , if he was meeting with FH regularly it doesn’t mean he was his fav for next COAS, and for information not only PTI members but every boot licker supported him because of his role in Afghanistan , clarified you multiple times even khan acknowledged that everything was right , we are all was on one page but suddenly kutta bajwa started to play both sides , bajwa already mentioned that i asides my self from politics in feb 2022 , khan admitted that we were progressing with the help of bajwa and faiz.
Country can never progress if its most powerful institution is not supporting an elected government , look at now we are not progressing because we are not having an elected but a selected govt which came into power through backdoor

Every Deep State plays a double game with the external parties. But, in Pak's case, they've been playing it so much with the USA that it has become their natural habit............

it is one thing to do double game with a foreign nation but it another to do it against your own people

the question is to be asked .. is whose side is the army on ?

So where is the LTG Faiz Hameed fan club now? Wasn't he some sort of knight in shining armor for a certain political demographic?

Not that I take everything that is disclosed on its face value, but glad that some of this stuff is out so those who were looking to garland FH and even hoping that he would become a member of the party will take a pause. Catharsis is that all the dirty laundry across khaki and mufti is coming out now. Those perceived to be angelic and not so angelic have been found out to a great extent.
So many questions remained unanswered. TTP was low profile when Faiz was CC Peshawar, the moment he walked out massive TTP uprising started. KPK start burning, and people raised arms against TTP in Swat and confront them. Now daily attacks in KPK.

i have heard pak generals will meet Indian generals and have whiskey together and talk friendly politics.
That would be true if indian generals did politics.

No, that is incorrect. We are ALL supposed to be loyal to our country and by the way what is the connection between "whiskey" and "loyalty"?

That aside, the vast majority of those in uniform, ala 99% are disciplined and loyal to Pakistan. As far as the mercenary nonsense is concerned, remind me where we have sent our boys if Pakistan's interests were not being served?
You could say Pakistan's interests are served if it acquiesces to everything USA says.
We are talking about best interest, not mere interest.
Black slaves were provided food and shelter by their white masters to, which they wouldn't get if they were free.

But, it was still in their best interest to have freedom.

There is something suspicious about Wajahat. He seems to be a wrong number. He is in Pakistan and talking like this without getting caught.

Coming to the topic, would one think there will be no tensions between the Generals in GHQ when Bajwa kept on lobbying and got the extension?

One thing is for sure. This hybrid regime game cannot go on further. Either the establishment withdraws (genuinely) or they are stripped naked even more. Choice is theirs.

There is something suspicious about Wajahat. He seems to be a wrong number. He is in Pakistan and talking like this without getting caught.

Coming to the topic, would one think there will be no tensions between the Generals in GHQ when Bajwa kept on lobbying and got the extension?

One thing is for sure. This hybrid regime game cannot go on further. Either the establishment withdraws (genuinely) or they are stripped naked even more. Choice is theirs.
They're already naked

What else you want from them

Not that I take everything that is disclosed on its face value, but glad that some of this stuff is out so those who were looking to garland FH and even hoping that he would become a member of the party will take a pause.

No one in their right mind would favor one General over another in Pakistan. Nor did you see IK actively rooting for him.
Faiz and his joining PTI angle was being pushed hard by the media; who SURPRISE, don't have an IQ of more than 10.

Yeah they got some gullible people to kotow their line who fell for it hook line and sinker but there wasn't a broad acceptance of "white knight in shining armor" as you call it.

Pakistan and it's awam are done with shenanigans of the army.

Don't want to lose this guy after Arshad Sharif.

Lets go by what we know:

1. Paltu kutta of goras, Hamid Mir, "penned" an oped in Washington Post arguing IK must be removed otherwise IK will appoint Faiz as the next COAS. It was claimed in the oped that Faiz held pro-taliban/anti American views and his appointment therefore would be a threat to US interests. Also, WAPO is a CIA mouth piece.

2. There is a video from before RCO in which Zardari claimed that Gen Faiz has been made khudday-line. Zardari is CIA's biggest asset in Pakistan.

3. On numerous occasions, our nani has done gali galoch against Faiz. More significantly, her utterances were covered mainstream media. Faiz along with Musharraf are the only two generals whose criticisms are aired in mainstream media. Yahya does not count. Bajwa received opprobrium at the hands of PML-N but that was seen as a personal attack which actually worked in favour of Bajwa. Feeling was that Bajwa must be doing something right for being a target of ghaddar jamath that is PML-N. Little did we know the reality. Come to think of it Ayaz Saddiq is probably telling the truth.

4. I maybe be wrong but Faiz was not a part of the group of Army high command the visited the west post RCO

5. Neither the Indians nor the Americans would have been happy with the image of Faiz having tea with the Taliban. Both Americans and Indians are sore losers.

6. ISPR made very feeble attempts to back Faiz

7. Faiz , along with Gen Abbas resigned from the army despite not having been passed over in COAS selection. I can see why Gen Abbas would resign given that he was seen as COAS in waiting. But what reason was there for Faiz to resign?

8. After three years, Wajahat has returned to Pak. And soon after landing, he is making sensationalist claims against both Bajwa and Faiz. Similar claims were made against Gen Muneer before his appointment. Knowing what has happened to AS, Wajahat: (a) must have a lot of balls to implicate old high command of corruption or (b) he has protection from new high command. My view is (b)

9. We learnt there was something rotten in the state of Denmark after Faiz was removed as head of ISI without IK's approval. RCO operation started to get momentum soon after new ISI chief is appointed.

My ruminations based on publicly available information.

1. Bajwa and Faiz were not on the same page as far as RCO is concerned. Otherwise Faiz would have been accorded some protection from the army.

2. Faiz was definitely not acceptable to Americans and Indians

3. Faiz was not in favour of Bajwa's open pro American tilt. Faiz clearly did not care about what Americans thought otherwise he would not have allowed the the publishing of tea with Taliban picture.

4. Clearly Faiz and new HC did not see eye to eye. Answer to this puzzle would shed light on inner battles within the high command.

5. Bajwa was clearly unfit for the office that he held. But civilians i.e. Nawaz has to be blamed for his appointment.

6. Faiz is not the knight in shining armour otherwise he would have done something to prevent RCO

7. Which way is Pak headed in the near term? Answer will depend on whether khaleejis decide to pump in some USD and whether they will push for IK? Clearly they were not happy with RCO otherwise they would have wired some cash.

8. Leaders in countries like Pakistan only survive if they have strong foreign backers. IK had needlessly cheesed off the Americans. His foolishness and immaturity has been clearly exposed because he entered into this fight without taking Saudis and Chinese on board.

9. Will the COAS do the needful otherwise Pak will be turned into Syria - a country whose airport gets bombed at will by its enemies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom