What's new

Good News for PN U-214 Deal is being Finalized

Torpedoes:six 533mm tubes, 24 STN Atlas Elektronik DM2A4 torpedoes,
Combat Data Syetem:Basic Command and Weapons Control System (BCWCS)
Integrated Sensor Underwater System – (ISUS.) for U-214
ESM:EADS FL1800U,
Decoys:TAU 2000 torpedo countermeasures system,
Radar:Kelvin hughes type 1007 I-band navigation radar,
Sonar:STN Atlas Elektronik DBQS-40 sonar suite and STN Atlas Elektronik MOA 3070 mine detection sonar
Periscopes:Zeiss Optronic SERO 14 search and SERO 15 attack
Propulsion:Diesel-electric, MTU 16V-396 diesel engine, 3.12MW, HDW / Siemens AIP (Air-Independent Propulsion) system, 300kW

U214 Dimensions:

Length:64m,
Height:13m,
Surface Displacement:1,700m³,
Presure Hull Diameter:6.3m,
Buoyancy Reserve:>10%,

U212 Performance:

Speed (Surfaced):12kt,
Speed (Dived):20kt,
Range (at 8kt Surfaced):8,000 miles,
Range (at 8kt Dived):420 miles,

U214 Performance:

Submerged Patrol Speed of Advance:6kt,
Range:12,000nm,
Mission Endurance:12 weeks,
Constantly Submerged:Three weeks without snorkelling,
Mission Sprint Speed:15kt to 20kt,
Maximum Dive Depth:400m+,

TYPE-214

HDW has developed the Type 214 submarine, which is a further improvement on the Type 212.

The Greek Navy has ordered three Type 214 submarines. The first, Papanikolis (S120), was built at the HDW Kiel shipyard and was launched in April 2004. As of April 2008, the Greek government has refused to accept delivery of the vessel and a commissioning date is uncertain. The vessel successfully completed a further series of sea trials in September 2008.

The Hellenic Shipyards is building the second (Pipinos S121, launched November 2006) and third (Matrozos 122) vessels at Skaramanga. Hellenic Shipyards was acquired by HDW (now part of ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems) in May 2002. A fourth vessel, Katsonis (S123) was ordered by Greece in June 2002 and is expected to commission in 2012.

South Korea has also ordered three Type 214, to enter service in 2007, 2008 and 2009. These are being built by Hyundai Heavy Industries. The first, Admiral Sohn Won-il, was launched in June 2006 and commissioned in December 2007. The second, Jung Ji, was launched in June 2007 and is to be delivered in November 2008. The third, Ahn Jung-geun, was launched in June 2008 and will be commissioned in November 2009. The submarines will form the KSS2 Class. An additional three submarines may be ordered.

The Type 214 will have an increased diving depth of over 400m, due to improvements in the pressure hull materials. Hull length is 65m and displacement 1,700t. Four of the eight torpedo tubes will be capable of firing missiles.

Type 214 submarines for the Hellenic Navy will be armed with the WASS (Whitehead Alenia Sistemi Subaquei) Black Shark heavyweight torpedo. The Black Shark is a dual-purpose, wire-guided torpedo which is fitted with Astra active / passive acoustic head and a multi-target guidance and control unit incorporating a counter-countermeasures system. It has an electrical propulsion system based on a silver oxide and aluminium battery.
"The Type 214 will have an increased diving depth of over 400m."

Performance of the AIP system has been increased with two Siemens PEM fuel cells which produce 120kW per module and will give the submarine an underwater endurance of two weeks.

A hull shape which has been further optimised for hydrodynamic and stealth characteristics and a low-noise propeller combine to decrease the submarine's acoustic signature.

The integrated sensor underwater system ISUS 90, from ATLAS Elektronik integrates all sensors, command and control functions on board the submarine. BAE Systems provides the link 11 tactical data link. The sensor suite of the U214 submarine consists of the sonar systems, an attack periscope and an optronic mast. The submarine's electronic support measures system and global positioning system sensors are also installed on the optronic mast.

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/type_212/

Last edited:
Lets up the pic's up here again eh for the the good news sake ! lol anyone?

Great news :) Thank God our efforts have been rewarded.

Now just pray that this govt doesnt put the Germans in a position where they might withdraw.

well if true, beleive me many member can breath with comfort atlast!!
all the rumors were really ringing alarm bells every where,
however on this great acheivement let us not forget the senetor who bring the scandle into notice and prevented the deal from being sabotaged if there ever was a plan like this,,
hats off to you sir!!

to add, another big issue seem to be resolved in this report. it was the TOT part that was actully under debate before the rumors start comming about the deal itself being sacked. it is really a good news that two out of these three Subs will be made at home. i gues pairing it up with turkey did worked acoording to desire. the TOT components are know as yet but still whatever it is, they will only bring us good. this will really help our mission to acheive indegenious abilites to produce military hardware as now with the experience of agostas adn U214, PN might come up with some PKNxxx some day, Inshallah!

regards!

Last edited:
I wouldn't celebrate till the deal is actually signed ...

true, but sir i guess all of us have the right to start preparing for the grand celebration in anticipation. :agree:
:partay:
members here have been too much worried about the deal being sacked. i really pray that everything goes on smoothly now!!

regards!

i hope indians wont come up with a cry that PN is going to modify them to attack deep in-land locations of india. :lol:
dude, a sub is to be operated in water,,, ;)

however submarine launcehed missiles may be a possibility.
the accquisition of U214 will be going neutralize the imbalance ceated by arihant for sure!!

regards!

two great news for me today... my nephew got born today and i have become a chacha... and now this lovely news about u-boats being finalized for PN by our government. next step will be for the contract.

well i don't know much of the weapons and systems but after joining the forum and reading this thread i found i understand a bit it now. Why? because i feel happy about this news.

two great news for me today... my nephew got born today and i have become a chacha... and now this lovely news about u-boats being finalized for PN by our government. next step will be for the contract.

MashaAllah great news

Mubarak Janab for becoming Chacha! May Allah bless him and also guide you to the straight path Aameen :cheers:

Any details on the TOT?
Are we just going to assemble prebuilt German components, or will we build some parts from scratch?

No details on TOT is out yet but the only that later two will be built in karachi shipyard. The TOT bit would definately be bit more then Augusta as Pakistan has now experience assembling and building subs.

let the deal sign up and then the details to certain extent will be made public. until then just wait.

Lets up the pic's up here again eh for the the good news sake ! lol anyone?

My Pleasure Sir... Here we go
Soth Korean Boat with US carrier... Recently delivered
18caee15391a8203eb296097473a2cdd.jpg

A Cut out image of U-214

Back
Top Bottom