What's new

Good News for PN U-214 Deal is being Finalized

@raveolution

Stick to topic at hand.

Just giving the original hijacker (who did so with apologies!!), some links for his reading, without giving my usual additional "gyaan" in order to preserve the topic at hand. Lol :cheers:

Back to the topic. Is there any further news on this deal so that we can discuss it??? I was under the impression that it is stuck on the German side, who were having second thoughts due to domestic pressure on its sale to Pakistan. Is that true or what is the reason otherwise??

Just giving the original hijacker (who did so with apologies!!), some links for his reading, without giving my usual additional "gyaan" in order to preserve the topic at hand. Lol :cheers:

Back to the topic. Is there any further news on this deal so that we can discuss it??? I was under the impression that it is stuck on the German side, who were having second thoughts due to domestic pressure on its sale to Pakistan. Is that true or what is the reason otherwise??

Well ,It was not stuck from German side due to internal pressure as German chancellor has already approved the deal despite best of Indian lobbying in Germany. It was Pakistani side which was delaying in deciding due to Zardari's interest with French sub but later cabinet approved U-214 as well.

"due to Zardari's interest with French sub but later cabinet approved U-214 as well."
So "PakShaheen79"
Now deal with cabinet approval is final and in progress :pakistan:, ? am i right ?:smitten::yahoo:

Last edited:
On the 15th of November, the Greek Navy officially comunicated to HDW the decision to refuse acceptance of delivery of the Papanikolis type U214 submarine.
Among the reasons mentioned:

-Excessive roll on surface (up to 56 degrees).
-Excessive underwater noise generation.
-Periscope vibrations.
-Frequent falls of the ISUS combat system.
-Power losses in the AIP.
-Sea water leaks.

So then whats stopping it from being finally announced. Germany is okay, PN is okay, Cabinet is okay...

So then whats stopping it from being finally announced. Germany is okay, PN is okay, Cabinet is okay...
nothing is stopping it. it just takes time.. Turkey after 3 years of negotiations have finally struck the deal with HDW.

that means the type 214 may take more than 10 years because according to HDW it may take 6 year for pakisthan to get its first sub after signing the deal and 1 year for each one

that means the type 214 may take more than 10 years because according to HDW it may take 6 year for pakisthan to get its first sub after signing the deal and 1 year for each one

The first Type 214 sub will take 64 months after the deal is signed to be inducted into the PN with the other two following in successive years, assuming no delays. So therefore if this deal is signed by mid-2010, the first sub will arrive end 2016, the next end 2017 and the third end 2018.

but for signing of the deal may take 2-3 years or more once signed after 6 years the first 214 will come

On the 15th of November, the Greek Navy officially comunicated to HDW the decision to refuse acceptance of delivery of the Papanikolis type U214 submarine.
Among the reasons mentioned:

-Excessive roll on surface (up to 56 degrees).
-Excessive underwater noise generation.
-Periscope vibrations.
-Frequent falls of the ISUS combat system.
-Power losses in the AIP.
-Sea water leaks.

all these problems have been solved and currently the TAIWANESE are looking at buying these U boats! and unlike you i will give you a source...

9765 U-214] Taiwan in talks with Germany over four U- 214 SSK - noticiarionaval | Google Groups

and the next article will show that besides these 4 U boats that are already build the problem won't occur with the new ones....

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/Greece-in-Default-on-U-214-Submarine-Order-05801/

Back
Top Bottom