What's new

Gujarat riots not an issue that should keep Modi from becoming PM: Narayana Murthy

Yes I agree Modi came into limelight after Godhara ... but after going through the list from the link you gave, you yourself tell me which of the CM you would have preferred as PM? Vilas Rao Deshmuk (RIP his soul)/ who ever is the current CM, Sheila Dixit, Didi, Amma? Look man I am not trying to convince you or anything but Modi did showed a sustained growth and over a period of time. But do you think Modi would have done anything far and beyond what BJP would have demanded of him after Godhara? Had it been Shivraj Chouhan/Raman Singh/Nitish in Modi's shoes he would have to follow the party ideology.

If some reports are to be believed, Modi was chastised by the BJP top brass too for his handling of Godhra. That he had antagonised Vajpayeeji and L K Advani is quite well-known now, isn't it? And the way in which Advani was deposed from the top-job is itself testament to the fact that Modi is prepared to cross certain restrictions laid down within the party, something that other equally good BJP CMs and party workers haven't had the nerve to do.

If some reports are to be believed, Modi was chastised by the BJP top brass too for his handling of Godhra. That he had antagonised Vajpayeeji and L K Advani is quite well-known now, isn't it? And the way in which Advani was deposed from the top-job is itself testament to the fact that Modi is prepared to cross certain restrictions laid down within the party, something that other equally good BJP CMs and party workers haven't had the nerve to do.
Now a party accessed of demolishing Babri .... acting in a way thats expected of it. No matter if they field Mother Teresa one would find a problem with them. Afterall it's a party who is going to lead the country not only a single man.

Now a party accessed of demolishing Babri .... acting in a way thats expected of it. No matter if they field Mother Teresa one would find a problem with them. Afterall it's a party who is going to lead the country not only a single man.

That's were coalition politics is so good. Coalition partners are bound to arm-twist BJP into corforming to moderate expressions of faith. NDA wasn't too bad,innit? But think of a scenario where Modiji's popularity somehow gives BJP an absolute majority(highly unlikely), who's the check on the Party then? You have double-whammy then!

That's were coalition politics is so good. Coalition partners are bound to arm-twist BJP into corforming to moderate expressions of faith. NDA wasn't too bad,innit? But think of a scenario where Modiji's popularity somehow gives BJP an absolute majority(highly unlikely), who's the check on the Party then? You have double-whammy then!
Forget Modi, if Mahatma Gandhi resurrected from the underworld even he won't get a full majority. It's all about creating a perception. BJP needs alliance and they are desperate for that. So forget about things which aren't going to happen.

Forget Modi, if Mahatma Gandhi resurrected from the underworld even he won't get a full majority. It's all about creating a perception. BJP needs alliance and they are desperate for that. So forget about things which aren't going to happen.

Good.

That takes care of this entire thread.

I wish things were that simple Sir, I might sound like a right leaning nut but we all are bound in a single sack. how long can we wish away the incurable pain/itch with just a scratch !!!

LOL. Very nicely put.

Whats wrong with that. Independent mind filled with courage to do the right thing.

I wish things were that simple Sir, I might sound like a right leaning nut but we all are bound in a single sack. how long can we wish away the incurable pain/itch with just a scratch !!!

ROFL :tup:...Let's start from scratch...Where is it that you have this incurable itch?:D

Back
Top Bottom