What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several key tests like wake penetration, flying at extremely high angles, and extensive use of radar and onboard missiles are behind schedule.

“The chief of air staff wanted these tests to be completed before June, but that is now unlikely,” the sources added. The maiden flight of the naval version of ‘Tejas’ is also delayed. It was originally scheduled for end-2010 or early 2011, but even ground tests of the prototype have not commenced so far.

As head of the Bengaluru-based National Flight Test Centre, Air Cmde Varma has not only flown some 70 sorties of ‘Tejas’ but played a critical role during flights over the sea, in trying weather conditions in Rajasthan and Leh as well as the firing of onboard missiles.

The Light Combat Aircraft set a new record, flying at 1,350 kmph off the coast of Goa during some of these sorties.

Apart from more than 4,000 hours of flying fighter jets like MiG-21 and Mirage-2000 to his credit, the ace pilot had a role in the armed forces regaining control of Tiger Hills during the Kargil conflict in 1999.

He reportedly flew several sorties at night to hit enemy positions with laser guided bombs.

No Promotion, Kargil Hero Cdr Rohit Varma Quits

There is nothing AMCA will contribute to LCA, because they are too different and even without AMCA, we would further develop the radar, avionics, or engine techs for a future MK3 upgrade in a similar way.

you are posting no sence and just adment in your behavioue , you neither like LCA and now subjected to development of AMCA too..
but it don't matter , you have your own imaginations and cliams which has no materialistic impect on any such issue...

True, because the way I understand that excerpt is, they change the fuselage, but LCA as a fighter will be more aerodynamic, but that doesn't tell us anything about redesigns, or airframe changes for it and still just hints on the more powerful engine.

Buddy please don't tell me you took those reports of LCA will have 5th gen cockpit seriously. ;) That's just one of those sensational media reports to hype things. The cockpit of Su 35 and Pak Fa will be comparable as well, just like F35 and F18 Silent Hornet cockpit has some similarities, but that doesn't make these 4th gen fighters anything close to 5th gen.
It's more like AMCA will be based on LCA MK2 techs like the LCD displays, AESA radar, possibly Kaveri - Snecma engine, but the key for a 5th gen fighter is still the different and more advanced design.
There is nothing AMCA will contribute to LCA, because they are too different and even without AMCA, we would further develop the radar, avionics, or engine techs for a future MK3 upgrade in a similar way.

So what i can understand from your POV is aerodynamic improvement doesn't necessarily be on the airframe.... so can you explain in detail where can a aerodynamic improvements can happen? As per me aerodynamic happens on airframe.. and there was a hindu report which stated that IAF insist on this

The Hindu : National : IAF insists on changes to Tejas\

Recently, the IAF even made a few suggestions on improvements in Tejas Mk2, including a more powerful engine, optimisation of the aerodynamic qualities and weight of the aircraft and “dropping and replacing” certain parts to take care of obsolescence.

Secondly on AMCA and LCA cockpit... as i stand by the reports which said initial AMCA will cockpit similar to LCA MK-2 like touchscreen,PAMLCD .... we cant gurantee what we will get.. Seeing the capabilities of DRDO... i guess these will take several years to come in picture...

There was a report by Prasun who debunked IAF ordered these Israel radar because DRDO failed miserably.... dont know when new young people will flow in DRDO and kick the old lazy goose sitting there without doing any work but just talking big ..

you are posting no sence and just adment in your behavioue , you neither like LCA and now subjected to development of AMCA too..
but it don't matter , you have your own imaginations and cliams which has no materialistic impect on any such issue...

You might want to read the part you quoted again, because I said we should further develop LCA instead of going for AMCA. So I am for LCA and against AMCA. :coffee:

So what i can understand from your POV is aerodynamic improvement doesn't necessarily be on the airframe.... so can you explain in detail where can a aerodynamic improvements can happen?

No, I do think that normally there are changes needed at the airframe, but it seems they chose to just increase the thrust to counter the shortfalls. Think about Boeings offer for the F18SH for example, their solution to make it more maneuverable and achieve the G level that was required were more thrust and some changes at the FCS, not airframe changes.

You might want to read the part you quoted again, because I said we should further develop LCA instead of going for AMCA. So I am for LCA and against AMCA. :coffee:

Are you in favor of More expenditure on development?? If yes then support the Development of AMCA. Its development will pave the way for 6th generation machines... The way India is moving (anna hazare campaign), who knows in future we will get many A K antony (Honest/focused minister) and our research facility will as par of Israelis..

No, I do think that normally there are changes needed at the airframe, but it seems they chose to just increase the thrust to counter the shortfalls. Think about Boeings offer for the F18SH for example, their solution to make it more maneuverable and achieve the G level that was required were more thrust and some changes at the FCS, not airframe changes.

I agree with you, none of the sources have told that Airframe of LCA MKII will have major change (except minor one to accommodate new engine). Members are free to bring if they have any information...

The reason to go for a higher thurst engine is maninly to avoid redesign of the drag issues LCA had. After the higher thurst engine very minimal change will take place. I have only one doubt, if the drag will be compensated by higher thurst then not so much for additional weapon's load.

The reason to go for a higher thurst engine is maninly to avoid redesign of the drag issues LCA had. After the higher thurst engine very minimal change will take place. I have only one doubt, if the drag will be compensated by higher thurst then not so much for additional weapon's load.

It dosent work that way, The specific design cannot take more thrust than it is designed to, otherwise there would be turbulence

It dosent work that way, The specific design cannot take more thrust than it is designed to, otherwise there would be turbulence

Unless there is an unexploited big margin for that, which is usually the case with go-safe approach on any first R&D effort. ;)

LCA-Mk2 will not have major changes. LCA-Mk1 is a proven design now. GoI has asked the team to focus their energies on AMCA. I think that's a sensible decision. :tup:

There was a report by Prasun who debunked IAF ordered these Israel radar because DRDO failed miserably.... dont know when new young people will flow in DRDO and kick the old lazy goose sitting there without doing any work but just talking big ..

And, how you are different? Sitting abroad and talking big. ;)

Are you in favor of More expenditure on development?? If yes then support the Development of AMCA.

Investing in indigenous developments is good, if they are reasonable and will give our forces, or the industry an advantage, but pride of having an indigenous carrier fighter, or and indigenous 5th gen fighter is not a good reason for me to waste so much money. We could spend in other developments, or projects that are more beneficial.

Shaktiman, you seem to have a problem with people abroad. Why does it matter so much to you ?
When I was abroad, you said the same thing to me. BTW, I am in India now :)

ramu, there are two types in that. One, sensible & mature. Others, talk big, no action. I have problem with other types. you know its better to use one's mouth properly, because others can use same stick on him. ;)

Since you are in Inda, hows rain? Its raining here now.. :what: :woot:

Investing in indigenous developments is good, if they are reasonable and will give our forces, or the industry an advantage, but pride of having an indigenous carrier fighter, or and indigenous 5th gen fighter is not a good reason for me to waste so much money. We could spend in other developments, or projects that are more beneficial.

Mr_Biggest troll of LCA thread,

so pride is the only reason LCA was funded? And we thought self-reliance in critical technologies was the motive. ;) :lol:

Mr_Biggest troll of LCA thread,

so pride is the only reason LCA was funded? And we thought self-reliance in critical technologies was the motive. ;) :lol:

N - LCA and even IN pilots admitted that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom