What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC_0118.JPG

Here is The Greatest LCA video ever from the Tarmak 007 (courtesy ADA) .:victory:

To everyone who is reading this post; please go through this video!

Celebrating Tejas IOC

It has-

1. Drop tank jettison trial.

2. CMDS release trial.

3.R 73 release.

4.1000 lb weapon drop.

5.LSP 5 maiden flight.

6.Cold weather trial at Leh.

7.MMR integration on Tejas.

8.LDP interation on tejas.

9.HMDS integration (with closest ever shots of LCA pilots with DASH Helmet!)

10.Formation flying by 5 LCAs.

In short, it's a jingo's dream come true!

Last edited:
you beat me to it

I think you too were mesmerized by the Tejas; hence the delay in posting here!:cheers:

BTW, if everyone who reads my post watches the video, we are going to have a huge no. of happy Indian Jingoes all over the world!:mps:

A million thanks to Mr. Krishnan of Tarmak, who actually reports the real news and not cheap sensational headlines like Aroor et al.:smitten:

Really i was watching headlines today and there comes mister shiv with all 2 decades in development bullshit.....yup Tarmak has done a great job in showing the hardwork that our scientist and engineers had put to tejas hats off to them

IAF doesn't seems to be happy with Tejas MK1, as IAF chef said " Tejas is not 4th gen fighter yet & There are some area which still they have to work" !!!!!!

Naik sir wants a plane that can fly and dive into sea like subs :D

IAF doesn't seems to be happy with Tejas MK1, as IAF chef said " Tejas is not 4th gen fighter yet & There are some area which still they have to work" !!!!!!

i too see it on TV , there was no joy on his face.......

i too see it on TV , there was no joy on his face.......

Yeah ... i guess he was not happy at IOC as still lot of testing is pending.. or he wants to keep the team on toes.. but i can gurantee that he has lot of faith on this platform...

Some Tejas highlights:

•Culmination of decades of work by Indian Defence Scientists and technicians.
•Tejas will initially form one squadron (20 aircraft) in the IAF.
•Conceived and launched in 1983 with a meagre funding of Rs. 560 crore
•Tejas' engine, radar, some navigation technologies and some display systems are imported. But officials at the ADA asserted ahead of the launch that the design, development, testing, certification and mastery of the system engineering is completely Indian.
•Officials say in another five years, Tejas will be completely indigenous and the higher variant will be ready by 2014.

."There are some areas where work still needs to be done. There are aspects that need to be improved. We have agreed to a list of concessions for IOC. But we are sure that ADA will fulfil those by June, with full operational clearance in a couple of years. The refinements we are looking for include wake penetration tests, all weather clearance, lightning clearance, etc. Some parameters have only been partly tested. After all, we've waited a long time for the Tejas. We don't want a partial platform. We want everything fully operational," he said.

Tejas Mk-II would not only be powered by the F414 engine, but would incorporate airframe design changes and newer avionics. A statement issued today by ADA today said that the IAF had projected a need for 83 Tejas Mk-II aircraft (which would give the IAF a fleet of 123 aircraft in total -- far less than projected).

The unit cost of a Tejas will be between Rs 180-200 crore.

ADA said in a statement that the following would bridge the gap between initial and final operational clearance: integration of beyond visual range weapons, gun, rockets, guided and unguided bombs, and the further expansion of its flight envelope to -3.5 to 8G (-2 to 6G for IOC) and 24-degrees angle of attack (22 for IOC).

????

so , the ACM not happy..

Congratulations ADA and Team Tejas on this Fantastic Achievement , Kudos !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom