What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Light Combat Aircraft Tejas successfully completed its maiden engine relight test on Friday -- a critical parameter the programme needs to achieve for the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC). Military sources confirmed to Express that the Limited Series Production (LSP-7) aircraft from the Tejas flight-line, piloted by Gp Capt R R Tyagi, underwent the engine relight test at 1 pm. The LSP-7 was chased by a Hawk aircraft.

“It is a great milestone for a single-engine fighter aircraft. The relight test is the second most critical event for a fighter jet programme, after its maiden flight. The pilot took the flight to a height of 30,000 ft before the relight test, which was performed over the skies of Kolar region,” a source said.

During Friday’s test, the pilot is said to have brought the throttle down to zero for a few seconds, so that the aircraft loses power. The pilot pulled the throttle again, confirming the relight process. Engine relight is done to check the aircraft’s performance in an emergency situation.

TEJAS+010.jpg

A senior airworthiness official said the project is now slowly, but steadily completing the IOC-2 parameters. “So far Tejas has logged over 2,330 flights clocking around 1,350 hours. It is high time we finish IOC-2 and get on with the FOC (Final Operational Clearance) formalities,” the official said.

Maiden engine relight test of Tejas held - The New Indian Express

I do not know why but the wings of Tejas appears to me a bit larger than required. I do not know why I feel that this unnecessary large wing is impediment in achieving design speed of 1.8 mach and STR. Is it necessary perhaps because of the short length of tejas ro give it a required surface? Can the wings be shorten in Mk 2?

Can MK2 achieve Mach 2 speed?

Can we shorten the wings and add canard?

Can any knowledgeable member share some light pl? Sancho?

I do not know why but the wings of Tejas appears to me a bit larger than required. I do not know why I feel that this unnecessary large wing is impediment in achieving design speed of 1.8 mach and STR. Is it necessary perhaps because of the short length of tejas ro give it a required surface? Can the wings be shorten in Mk 2?

Can MK2 achieve Mach 2 speed?

Can we shorten the wings and add canard?

Can any knowledgeable member share some light pl? Sancho?

In view of your concerns I have asked the DRDO to shorten the wings of the Tejas.

I have also instructed them to add canards to the LCA for your pleasure. Hope this will be to your satisfaction.

Feel free to suggest any more design changes to the LCA. Democracy is all about public participation and DRDO welcomes suggestions from the public to improve its designs.

In view of your concerns I have asked the DRDO to shorten the wings of the Tejas.

I have also instructed them to add canards to the LCA for your pleasure. Hope this will be to your satisfaction.

Feel free to suggest any more design changes to the LCA. Democracy is all about public participation and DRDO welcomes suggestions from the public to improve its designs.
Iski-Baat-Mein-Dum-Hai-amresh-puri.jpg

aap abhi tak kahan the prabu

Maiden engine relight test of Tejas held - The New Indian Express
By Anantha Krishnan M - BANGALORE Published: 28th September 2013 08:25 AM Last Updated: 28th September 2013 08:25 AM
The Light Combat Aircraft Tejas successfully completed its maiden engine relight test on Friday -- a critical parameter the programme needs to achieve for the Initial Operational Clearance (IOC). Military sources confirmed to Express that the Limited Series Production (LSP-7) aircraft from the Tejas flight-line, piloted by Gp Capt R R Tyagi, underwent the engine relight test at 1 pm. The LSP-7 was chased by a Hawk aircraft.

“It is a great milestone for a single-engine fighter aircraft. The relight test is the second most critical event for a fighter jet programme, after its maiden flight. The pilot took the flight to a height of 30,000 ft before the relight test, which was performed over the skies of Kolar region,” a source said.

During Friday’s test, the pilot is said to have brought the throttle down to zero for a few seconds, so that the aircraft loses power. The pilot pulled the throttle again, confirming the relight process. Engine relight is done to check the aircraft’s performance in an emergency situation.

A senior airworthiness official said the project is now slowly, but steadily completing the IOC-2 parameters. “So far Tejas has logged over 2,330 flights clocking around 1,350 hours. It is high time we finish IOC-2 and get on with the FOC (Final Operational Clearance) formalities,” the official said.

HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

I was sure that I will find some friend like you on PDF who will help me convey my concern to DRDO.

I am studying the design. I will come out with more suggestion for Improvement shortly.

HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

I was sure that I will find some friend like you on PDF who will help me convey my concern to DRDO.

I am studying the design. I will come out with more suggestion for Improvement shortly.

Flight test update

LCA-Tejas has completed 2327 Test Flights Successfully. (24-Sep-2013).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-371,LSP1-74,LSP2-285,PV5-36,LSP3-157,LSP4-94,LSP5-220,LSP7-57,NP1-4,LSP8-27)

to

LCA-Tejas has completed 2332 Test Flights Successfully. (28-Sep-2013).
(TD1-233,TD2-305,PV1-242,PV2-222,PV3-371,LSP1-74,LSP2-286,PV5-36,LSP3-157,LSP4-94,LSP5-220,LSP7-60,NP1-4,LSP8-28)

Readying for IOC-2!
~
The winner will get a copy ofMy Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions,written by Dr A P J Abdul Kalam. In addition, the winner will also get some goodies, courtesy IAF Publicity Cell! In short, as they say, the winner takes it all!
Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom