What's new

Halal supermarket ordered to sell pork, alcohol or face closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my point... your country your rules... just don't hide behind the cloak of tolerance.. Be open of your hatred..... Muslims should not emulate... we should make our societies open and tolerant.. And by and large that's the direction most Muslim countries are going... the educated new generation has woken up to decades of regressive wahabbiism and now is moving towards tolerance... on the other hand like you threatened ethnic clensing a few post ago are heading towards that abyss

i cant stop laughing about this. is this satirical?

Haven't seen a single Hindu grocery store selling beef... have been to countless mainstream grocery stores (i.e. not an ethical one) and there are plenty of muslims working there... i even saw a hilarious working in the meat section placing pork...

There are Hindu run restaurants that have beef on the menu all over the world.
Yes, there are also Hindu run restaurants that don't have beef or pork on the menu. There are also Hindu run restaurants that are pure veg.

Point is, we don't "demand" special things for us when we go to other countries. If you think we did anywhere, please point towards it.

Halal supermarket ordered to sell pork, alcohol or face closure

1157396-_A_photo_taken_on_August___shows_the_entrance_of_a_halal_butchery_in_Lille_northerWORLDlarge_transZgEkZXMNBQKVaRWtTgK_EfZTfEIU-1470549727-167-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: AFP

A halal supermarket in the suburbs of Paris has been ordered by local authorities to start selling alcohol and pork or face closure.

One of the conditions on the lease by the local housing authority stipulated that Good Price discount mini-market must act as a “general food store.” The authority argues that all members of the local community are not being served if there are no alcohol or pork products in the store, which is run as a franchise in Colombes and replaced another small supermarket last year.

Outrage as Muslim pupils exempt from shaking female teachers’ hands in Swiss district

According to the mayor’s chief of staff, Jérôme Besnard, “The mayor of Colombes, Nicole Goueta, went there herself and asked the owner to diversify the range of products by adding alcohol and non-halal meats,” reports Telegraph.

Besnard said that locals, particularly older residents, have complained they no longer get the full range of products at Good Price and have to travel a distance now to do their shopping.

“We want a social mix. We don’t want any area that is only Muslim or any area where there are no Muslims,” Besnard said, adding the town’s reaction would have been the same had a kosher shop opened on that spot.

Further, the Colombes housing authority argues that the store breaches French republican principles by making a certain group a priority rather than catering to all categories.

The housing authority has taken legal action to bring an end to the lease which would normally run until 2019. The case will be heard in court in October.

Soulemane Yalcin, who runs the shop said he was only catering to the demands of his customers in the area. “It’s business,” said Yalcin.

‘Burkini-only day’ at French waterpark prompts outrage

“I look around me and I target what I see. The lease states ‘general food store and related activities’ – but it all depends on how you interpret ‘related activities’,” he told Le Parisien newspaper. Yalcin has hired a lawyer to fight the eviction.

Earlier, plans for a waterpark in Marseille to set aside a day just for Muslim women wearing burqinis — full-body swimsuits — sparked outrage in secular France on Thursday.

Criticism of the plan also came from the political left, with Senator Michel Amiel — who is mayor of the northern suburb, Les Pennes Mirabeau, where the waterpark is located — saying he would seek a ban.

This article originally appeared on The Telegraph.
Wonder if they will do the same for the stores selling kosher products.

They are already doing that all over the world without any complaint.
I have been to US, Europe and Australia. There are literally millions of Hindus working in these places.
We Hindus work in supermarkets and restaurants that have beef.
I eat frequently in restaurants that have beef on the menu. I don't eat the beef but I don't boycott these places and eat the other options on the menu.

Hindus adapt to the place. We don't demand the community that sheltered us and provided us a better life to adjust to us. We adjust to their way of life.
Because you have no clue what the Muslim world is going through... and by and large it has rejected extremism. You see a small% of it acting up in the form of extremism... your knowledge is only from afar not from within... this forum is proof of our tolerance... you ability to post factually incorrect and hurtful statements are still respected .

Well going by the European mentalities
I don't see this as "European" issue. Neither do I see it as "Muslim/Non Muslim" issue. I don't even see this necessarily as colour issue. Lot of this is external people applying their own thoughts on a complicated subject.

In my opinion this is more of French and their former North African colonies issue. That has nothing to do with Italians, Poles, Romanians or British or Pakistani, or Indians. It was like back in 1990s when the Irish were at war with Britain we did not get all the Catholic world joining in or Poles jumping up because their Catholic brothers were being shot in Belfast. Just like Britain fixed the problem after five decades so will the French.

There are Hindu run restaurants that have beef on the menu all over the world.
Yes, there are also Hindu run restaurants that don't have beef or pork on the menu. There are also Hindu run restaurants that are pure veg.

Point is, we don't "demand" special things for us when we go to other countries. If you think we did anywhere, please point towards it.
A Hindu in the usa sued mcdonalds because the fries were fried in lard... and the lynching of meat eaters in india

You are posting here...

Because you have no clue what the Muslim world is going through... and by and large it has rejected extremism. You see a small% of it acting up in the form of extremism... your knowledge is only from afar not from within... this forum is proof of our tolerance... you ability to post factually incorrect and hurtful statements are still respected .

This forum is a reflection of the people who formed it.
I have read their views and consider them a great reprensentation of both muslim and western world. Don't insult them by posting such a crappy post.

Debate to what I have said. If you want to divert the debate with some generalized crap to evoke some sympathy, you are looking at the wrong person.

Again, the point is, Hindus adapt to the place they go to. They don't demand special privileges or special laws or special diet. There are thousands of Hindus working in Saudi. You don't see them taking up arms, or slitting throats or running trucks on woman & children because they are not allowed to practise their religion freely.

I don't see this as "European" issue. Neither do I see it as "Muslim/Non Muslim" issue. I don't even see this necessarily as colour issue. Lot of this is external people applying their own thoughts on a complicated subject.

In my opinion this is more of French and their former North African colonies issue. That has nothing to do with Italians, Poles, Romanians or British or Pakistani, or Indians. It was like back in 1990s when the Irish were at war with Britain we did not get all the Catholic world joining in or Poles jumping up because their Catholic brothers were being shot in Belfast. Just like Britain fixed the problem after five decades so will the French.
Its how they see it... especially the islamaphobe on this forum... personally i don't see it as a major issue. I think the French have every right to instigate any law they like.. The French have the right to make into law anyone who enters France must be force fed pork and made to spit on the quran. I would even support that law. ... i just cowards who hide behind being tolerant and progressive yet are not.

Last edited:
A Hindu in the usa sued mcdonalds because the fries were fried in lard... and the lynching of meat eaters in india

Huh...sued? Oh yeah, that is worse than what's happening in US, UK, France, Germany and other western countries.

And we are talking about people migrating to other countries and cultures. What happens in India is not the topic of this debate. Create a separate thread and we can debate there.

our country our rules. In italy you arent even allowed to sell that stuff inside cities since its against italian values and culture
When you have no logical answers then you come up with " our jungle , our rules " lol
last time you said that italy is catholic country and when i asked how many of you italins live your life according to scriptures of Catholicism or how many government laws in Italy actually derived from Catholicism then got no answer

This forum is a reflection of the people who formed it.
I have read their views and consider them a great reprensentation of both muslim and western world. Don't insult them by posting such a crappy post.

Debate to what I have said. If you want to divert the debate with some generalized crap to evoke some sympathy, you are looking at the wrong person.

Again, the point is, Hindus adapt to the place they go to. They don't demand special privileges or special laws or special diet. There are thousands of Hindus working in Saudi. You don't see them taking up arms, or slitting throats or running trucks on woman & children because they are not allowed to practise their religion freely.

Europeans have to cope with extremists in their own way... by expelling all muslims if that be it.

Muslim countries like pakistan have fought that battle against these extremists and we are winning. We are the true tolerant society... like you said this forum is proof of that. I double say yes. This is a pakistan first forum... where other people of inherent hatred of Pakistan its culture its religions are allowed a voice... no other "nationalist" forums would allow that... it point to our roots of a tolerant open society... a history you are not aware of.

They are already doing that all over the world without any complaint.
I have been to US, Europe and Australia. There are literally millions of Hindus working in these places.
We Hindus work in supermarkets and restaurants that have beef.
I eat frequently in restaurants that have beef on the menu. I don't eat the beef but I don't boycott these places and eat the other options on the menu.

Hindus adapt to the place. We don't demand the community that sheltered us and provided us a better life to adjust to us. We adjust to their way of life.
India is the only country who put you in prison for slaughtering cow and eating beef

_81890160_beef_ban_624_v4.png

Huh...sued? Oh yeah, that is worse than what's happening in US, UK, France, Germany and other western countries.

And we are talking about people migrating to other countries and cultures. What happens in India is not the topic of this debate. Create a separate thread and we can debate there.
I have no interest to debate on religion. I don't profess to be an expert... nor does religion actually interest me... it is a personal thing and should be kept as such... i just find the ignorance about Islam amazing to say the least.

You don't see them taking up arms, or slitting throats or running trucks on woman & children because they are not allowed to practise their religion freely.
That's because there is no convergence of politics and religion in case of Hindus. It might have passed your attention but Algerian, Morroccans, Tunisians are Arabs. Europe is involved in Mediteranean littoral either through migration (Israel) or military engagements, Libya, Iraq, Syria thus your ridiculous comparison is not worth the effort.

However when politics converge with Hinduism the result is evil personified. I am sure you know about your Tamil Hindu Tigers in Sri Lanka war and their habit of launching suicide attacks, including one against your Prime Minister from a female bomber.

As regards about being difficult until not long ago upper class Hindus were the biggest pain in the a*ss. They would not eat or drink from anything touched by anybody else including Europeans. even a shadow of lessser sould would cause injury.

islamaphobe
I think too many Pakistani's have tendancy to see through the religious prism and ignore other aspects of a equation. The issue is far more complicated than this. Do you really think Bosnian Muslims would face the same problems in Paris? No I don't think so.

He is not selling any banned product but should have this choice to sell any products which are allowed and which he see as profitable. How do you know that he is breaching the contract? was it in lease contract to sell the pork?

The store owner has gotten a license.
This license has certain terms.
The store owner is not compliant with the terms according to the French authorities,
so Yes, they consider it to be part of general food stores to sell pork and alcohol.
Thus he has the choice to move his store elsewhere or comply with the terms.
If he is evicted he can take them to court and then he needs to prove that pork
and alcohol is not to be expected in a general food store.

Wonder if they will do the same for the stores selling kosher products.

If someone opens a kosher store where it has been agreed that there should be a general food store,
they would have to sell pork and alcohol.
This was stated in the OP, which You did not bother to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom