What's new

Has Egypt acquired one of the most powerful Russian land weapons?

Whoever is in charge of selecting and buying equipment for Egyptian armed forces is a complete and utter idiot. When you have the largest fleet of Abrams tank after the U.S itself, why would you go for 500 Russian tanks with whole different subsystems which makes maintenance a big headache?

Not just tanks, look at their air force:

F-16s
Mig 29s
Su-35s on order
Rafale
Mirage 2000

Their helicopter fleet:

Apaches
Ka-52
Mil-24
various other types from France, Italy, UK.

Whoever is in charge of selecting and buying equipment for Egyptian armed forces is a complete and utter idiot. When you have the largest fleet of Abrams tank after the U.S itself, why would you go for 500 Russian tanks with whole different subsystems which makes maintenance a big headache?

Not just tanks, look at their air force:

F-16s
Mig 29s
Su-35s on order
Rafale
Mirage 2000

Their helicopter fleet:

Apaches
Ka-52
Mil-24
various other types from France, Italy, UK.
I think they doing it for a reason - if one day West or East will cut supply they will have other option. And this strategy let them bargain for good price from both sides.

If you say these words in face of an Egyptian, i bet he'll break your sectarian jaw before you know it.

It's no secret that this forum allow insults and slandering etc. to Arabs, but for those interested in truth, can call upon any Egyptian and ask for confirmation of what you just farted from your mouth.

Fact of history, once Israel occupied some part of Egyptian desert, Egyptians didn't rested, until they took it back from Israel after penetrating through Israel's invincible defense positions. Ever heard of 10th Ramadan victory?

Today, no foreign country can even threatened Egypt, while dominating Egypt is a dream you will never see realized, IA.
On the contrary, Pakistan get regular threats from foreign countries. If you need help googling on it, let me know.

Dominance is when Iranians bomb Pakistan, but Pakistanis celebrate birthdays of dead Iranians twice a year and shamelessly parade pictures of Syrian baby killer Sulemani, who is Iranian as well.
Dominance is when Pakistan knows there's COVID out break in Iran, but don't have the courage to close it's own border.
Today Iran can call upon million militias from Pakistan and can turn them against Pakistan, but Israel can't raise even 10 militia men from Egypt.
If any one who read current affairs, know it's Pakistani militias working for Iran, who have tried their best to weakened Arabs, benefiting Israel. While @Horus was a pharo, wonder why you hate him!

Next time come with facts, before you slander any state who has never been hostile to Pakistan. Or i will kill your cold start, with hot facts in more worst way.
I have a Egyptian friend and he says much worse than. Me.

And you havent got a backbone let alone a jaw you slave of the arabs. Or brabs in your case.

Your Egyptians lost the Sinai in how many days. How many minutes did it take to destroy the entire egyptian airforce by the Israeli whom the Egyptians serve now. So arab slave tell why did Sadat beg the Israeli to give back Sinai? Camp david.
10 ramadan or Yom Kippur war...egyptian crossed into their own territory and middle of teh war double crossed jordan and syria by cutting communication and having established a small gain stopped moving forward. Egyptians celebrate double crossing other arabs...great victory.
Now these are hot facts on your bullshit start. Change you name from batman to battyman. You spend all your time sniffing arab behind you forget who you are?

You slander pakistan at every opportunity you get as you have done here. Traitor. A dog always protects his master. So keep barking. Good doggy Now go jump off a cliff. You started this and I bet you will report me like the coward you are. You have done this before and I expect nothing but cowardice from traitors like you. Remember what arabs call your sort to your faces. ...hamar(donkey) @WebMaster @waz he started it...I repaid in kind.

Last edited:
Egypt military needs to get its priorities and strategy right. They are buying so many different hardware which is not needed, in the long term the costs will rise, plus training of personal on different machines, tactics etc.

And why would Egypt name a tank Ramses. Isn't that Farun?

Yes it will be a logistical issue but at the same time its a headache for enemy too as due to variety of platforms enemies will also have to develop multiple strategies, training, doctrines... it has its merits and demerits both....

At least i hope for Egypt that those are new ships and not used ones, otherwise rip off.

I think they doing it for a reason - if one day West or East will cut supply they will have other option. And this strategy let them bargain for good price from both sides.

That's the most stupid strategy ever if it's the case. And the best one is investing on defence industry not defence products. But Arabs lack that kind of vision.

In theory IDF isn't a challenging opponent on a fair playing field. From a military point of view taking out their air bases would render them at half of their effectiveness if not less.

What is a 'fair playing field'?

IDF would argue being surrounded and outnumbered by a crazed enemy isn't a fair playing field.

That's the most stupid strategy ever if it's the case. And the best one is investing on defence industry not defence products. But Arabs lack that kind of vision.
The reason Turkey can have a defense industry is because you were westernized long before Egypt was. Ataturk was a great man, and I wish Egypt had someone like him instead of Gamal.

What is a 'fair playing field'?

IDF would argue being surrounded and outnumbered by a crazed enemy isn't a fair playing field.
In a vaccum is a better description, this would never happen. But if a country could successfully destroy IDF airbases it would fare much better and in theory air superiority could be possible.

The reason Turkey can have a defense industry is because you were westernized long before Egypt was.

Growing defence indusrty is not related to being westernized. Honestly western policies made us stayed behind for decades with their Marshall plan, cheap military equipment and aids etc. Usa embargo on us when Cyprus Peace Op. time was a wake-up call then we started to build defence our indusrty.

Usa keep showing with f35 issue that how important to produce locally. Otherwise you are always dependent on one side or another.

Growing defence indusrty is not related to being westernized. Honestly western policies made us stayed behind for decades with their Marshall plan, cheap military equipment and aids etc. Usa embargo on us when Cyprus Peace Op. time was a wake-up call then we started to build defence our indusrty.
I mean westernized as in education, nepotism, and the role of women in the workplace. Egypt can probably develop a defense industry with external help(young, huge, and (somewhat) educated population), but it will take at least a few decades for any huge changes to happen on the scale of Turkey's industry.

They have good reason to do so.

Egypt has two different types of tanks. They receive technology transfer for manufacturing locally. Abram and T-90 will be the nightmare of all enemies.

In theory IDF isn't a challenging opponent on a fair playing field. From a military point of view taking out their air bases would render them at half of their effectiveness if not less.
Except taking out Israelk airbases is easier said than done

Back
Top Bottom