What's new

Hatf 5 missile test fired successfully

@Oscar

1 question been troubling me for the last so many days.

the missile test was in the morning, and debry came in the night.
How to account for the missing 10 or so hours ?

Media misreporting.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Oscar

A piece of metal fell in a small village somewhere in Sindh near Dadu. The villagers would first be intrigued by it, for about an hour or two. Then they decide to call media and the media comes from the city and takes another hour or two. That is easily 4 hours, then the media looks at it, relays it back to home station, the story gets processed, and gets aired on TV. At this moment the story is just a small ticker and developing. Then after about six hours does this story get some country wide attention and somebody in the military circles gets a whiff of this media report and tries to sort it out. See how simple that was!:D

BTW, how did we get to this ten hour conclusion?

@Oscar

Im not an expert on Orbital mechanics..
but if .. and if the debris stayed in orbit for some reason(why?..skipped the atmosphere..etc..what velocity would it need to actually stay in somewhat of a geostationary orbit or complete?).. and at the same time.. come down in that area after ten hours.

The question is not of whether the debris of the Missile comes down otherwise..
it does.. or every missile..
why it did so after ten hours is the actual mystery..

For eg.. the Mir space station when deorbited.. entered the atmosphere over fiji.. took 16:20 to 20:29.. i.e 4 hours to completely enter the atmosphere and fall to earth.. with debris over 1500+ km along its track.
Now Mir was a big station.. the Nodong is not such a big thing.
Had it come down on Dadu right after the test.. it would make sense.
but pieces(specifically those shown) coming down after ten hours.. is weird.

I am more inclined to think that the reports of the debris reached people ten hours later.
And that the missile in as such , released the RV.. but failed to break up in the atmosphere as intended and fell to earth.

Sarcasm.......he never claimed 10 hours...

Would make no sense as such..
You expect debris to fall at most 5-ten minutes after the warhead hits.. or earlier.

A piece of metal fell in a small village somewhere in Sindh near Dadu. The villagers would first be intrigued by it, for about an hour or two. Then they decide to call media and the media comes from the city and takes another hour or two. That is easily 4 hours, then the media looks at it, relays it back to home station, the story gets processed, and gets aired on TV. At this moment the story is just a small ticker and developing. Then after about six hours does this story get some country wide attention and somebody in the military circles gets a whiff of this media report and tries to sort it out. See how simple that was!:D

But didnt the villagers see the parts rain down at night? missile fired in the morning, course completion in 20 min, missile parts falling down at night, most of the parts though disintegrated wouldnt have fallen from outer space as the wires and internals are still intact which would have burnt otherwise. Plus theres a small thing about the location of the falling parts and the actual trajectory of the test.

a few things dont add up.

But didnt the villagers see the parts rain down at night? missile fired in the morning, course completion in 20 min, missile parts falling down at night, most of the parts though disintegrated wouldnt have fallen from outer space as the wires and internals are still intact which would have burnt otherwise. Plus theres a small thing about the location of the falling parts and the actual trajectory of the test.

a few things dont add up.

Not entirely... these parts were encased in a metal housing.. and may have survived.
for eg.. debris from the Mir space station had quite a few computer panels.. switches still intact..
here.. the proton module which literally fell from a much greater height.. still has quite a bit of components intact.
_393011_1protondebris300.jpg

The media says the villagers reported the part falling down at night..
So unless some clearer news comes in whether the report was made at night.. or the parts fell at night..
Ten hours is mind boggling..
EVEN if you assume a failed test.. missle broke up.. went off course..
TEN HOURS?????:confused:

You expect debris to fall at most 5-ten minutes after the warhead hits.. or earlier.

I am out... i thought he was just kidding to prove the test were successful....I was surprised to find out that the trajectory from maksood test range (speculated launch) to sonmiani test (speculated target) range encompasses quite a few cities , airbases and important defense sites....

I got the figure from here...

It's heartening to note how desperate our Indian neighbours are to prove this test as a failure.....their cheap banter shows the inner pain and hate.....pity the air heads are incapable to prove their claims.
Albeit, we are talking about rockets but it's not exactly rocket science to work out that the missile was test fired at around 7.00AM
on that Wednesday morning to strike it's target within about 20 minutes after launch. The debris from the rocket motor fell some TEN HOURS LATER
, in the area which was in line with the trajectory path and close to the designated target area.
Had the missile disintegrated during it's flightpath, the debris would have rained down immediately.....!!
Obviously as planned and required, the rocket motor separated from the war head....floated around in space for several hours before entering Earth's atmosphere and breaking up..... Now is that too difficult to understand.!!!

Im not an expert on Orbital mechanics..
but if .. and if the debris stayed in orbit for some reason(why?..skipped the atmosphere..etc..what velocity would it need to actually stay in somewhat of a geostationary orbit or complete?).. and at the same time.. come down in that area after ten hours.

The question is not of whether the debris of the Missile comes down otherwise..
it does.. or every missile..
why it did so after ten hours is the actual mystery..

For eg.. the Mir space station when deorbited.. entered the atmosphere over fiji.. took 16:20 to 20:29.. i.e 4 hours to completely enter the atmosphere and fall to earth.. with debris over 1500+ km along its track.
Now Mir was a big station.. the Nodong is not such a big thing.
Had it come down on Dadu right after the test.. it would make sense.
but pieces(specifically those shown) coming down after ten hours.. is weird.

I am more inclined to think that the reports of the debris reached people ten hours later.
And that the missile in as such , released the RV.. but failed to break up in the atmosphere as intended and fell to earth.

And just because I used the 3 letters ISI to say pretty much the same, you chewed me out :cry:

I got the figure from here...

And just because I used the 3 letters ISI to say pretty much the same, you chewed me out :cry:

Because other members.. ill ban..
From your rank.. I expect a lot more and will not only go ballistic.. even warp speed if needed.

I am out... i thought he was just kidding to prove the test were successful....I was surprised to find out that the trajectory from maksood test range (speculated launch) to sonmiani test (speculated target) range encompasses quite a few cities , airbases and important defense sites....

Yup.. debris has fallen earlier in that flight path before.. just never had a sensationalist media looking for it.

The problem with the geography of Pakistan in a way limits the way such tests are carried out.

A move could be made to change the test site.. or change the flight path.. but then it has greater risks of impacting neighboring countries. Better a wayward missile and its debris and up destroying a shopping mall in Karachi instead of hitting an Iranian border post.

But i'm waiting for next test of babar hopefully naval version

launch was more a test of the readiness of the Army Strategic Force Command and the SCCSS than of the missile itself.

Ghuari was carrying two flight control systems, one actually controlling it and other was meant to separate from missile in air to trick indian AAD PAD Anti Air defence systems and it went successful.

Back
Top Bottom