What's new

Hazare's team making a mockery of our democracy

desioptimist

Reaction score
I am not a fan of rediff news, but I agree with M L Sharma.

Fearing that they are 'questioning the entire democratic system,' Advocate ML Sharma moved the Supreme Court recently opposing the inclusion of five civil society members in a parliamentary committee to draft the Jan Lokpal bill.

Advocate Sharma had shot to fame when he moved the Supreme Court opposing the nomination of Pratibha Patil as a Presidential nominee as she was an undischarged insolvent in relation to her co-operative bank.

He had said that the United Progressive Alliance presidential nominee had collected money from her employees for the Kargil war relief fund, but had not deposited it in the fund.

In this interview with rediff.com's Sahim Salim, Sharma says that he is not against an effective Lokpal bill, but that he is against the inclusion of five members, who by "no stretch of imagination represent the public."

He also says that in the eyes of the public, Anna Hazare and the others want to be seen as the founders of Lokpal bill, while the bill originally was the idea of former prime minister Indira Gandhi.

'Hazare's team making a mockery of our democracy' - Rediff.com News

How different is Anna hazare's 5 member committee from sonia Gandhi's NAC.Both are unelected and both want enjoy power without accountability. If international award winning like Nobel prize or Magsaysay award etc is criteria Anna hazare has set for being eligible for his committee membership then i wonder how soon Ms.Arundhati Roy will make it to his committee as as eminent citizen thinker :P

Anna hazare is nothing but a puppet of Sonia Gandhi's NAC and she has been using him cleverly.Check how NAC members like Harsh Mander etc advises Anna Hazare on committee etc and very next day Hazare accepts their advices.

How different is Anna hazare's 5 member committee from sonia Gandhi's NAC.Both are unelected and both want enjoy power without accountability. If international award winning like Nobel prize or Magsaysay award etc is criteria Anna hazare has set for being eligible for his committee membership then i wonder how soon Ms.Arundhati Roy will make it to his committee as as eminent citizen thinker :P

Anna hazare is nothing but a puppet of Sonia Gandhi's NAC and she has been using him cleverly.Check how NAC members like Harsh Mander etc advises Anna Hazare on committee etc and very next day Hazare accepts their advices.

Hazare is not Sonia's puppet but poor village idiot has been taken for a ride. I am not questioning his intension but his intellect. What understanding will he bring to draft this bill?

I am not a fan of rediff news, but I agree with M L Sharma.

Fearing that they are 'questioning the entire democratic system,' Advocate ML Sharma moved the Supreme Court recently opposing the inclusion of five civil society members in a parliamentary committee to draft the Jan Lokpal bill.

Advocate Sharma had shot to fame when he moved the Supreme Court opposing the nomination of Pratibha Patil as a Presidential nominee as she was an undischarged insolvent in relation to her co-operative bank.

He had said that the United Progressive Alliance presidential nominee had collected money from her employees for the Kargil war relief fund, but had not deposited it in the fund.

In this interview with rediff.com's Sahim Salim, Sharma says that he is not against an effective Lokpal bill, but that he is against the inclusion of five members, who by "no stretch of imagination represent the public."

He also says that in the eyes of the public, Anna Hazare and the others want to be seen as the founders of Lokpal bill, while the bill originally was the idea of former prime minister Indira Gandhi.

'Hazare's team making a mockery of our democracy' - Rediff.com News

Well, Indira Gandhi did Zilch about the Lokpal bill. Different governments have had more than 4 decades to pass the bill but they did not. Who was stopping Mr ML Sharma from doing all these years what Anna is doing now? And now that those who took the initiative have formed the committee, this idiot is finding ways to be in the news? Why did he not question 'the entire democratic system' which did not give India a Jan Lokpal Bill for 40 years when almost every Indian wanted it? Where was democracy then? Idiots like ML Sharma are a dime a dozen. The Supreme Court should reject his PIL and throw him in jail for filing frivolous PILs.

All these Years of Independence India and its Democracy was Mocked by corrupt politics but now To correct that If Hazara is mocking it to put a check on it.............. that's all right.............. Medicine is always bitter but only if u swallow the bitter medicine our disease will be cured in this case the corruption................

i really admire ur 16th sense woow............ :what::what: i have never seen an intellectual of ur caliber............. :hitwall::hitwall: How is that u stay some where in pakistan and know abut the secret pact between sonia and Hazara........... man u are great..........................:hitwall::hitwall:

Getting rid of this gandhi family & their cronies should be the our prime motive. Congress is the root cause for all ills of India..

hazare team is making mockery of democracy,politicians are making mockery of india and its people

ML Sharma is paid agent of Corrupt Politicians, especially Congress... though Hazare and his team is not elected by people of India, but selected by people of India...

Indian Democracy Allow any one to give suggestion to government, thats what these guys are doing... If you guys have little mind you will understand that Anna and his team is not making the law, they are not interfering in Parliamentary process...

The Law will be passed (or rejected) by parliament, They are just drafting it.. The final draft will be with Public.. Its upto parlementarians whether they pass it or not.. If they will not pass it, People will see the real face of Politicians... and in very next election they will suffer...

Those who are abusing Anna here, please do some introspection...

Those hit by Anna Hazare now want to defame him.

Who is ML Sharma to talk about democracy? lol

Those hit by Anna Hazare now want to defame him.

Who is ML Sharma to talk about democracy? lol

It is not only M L Sharma, there are enough sane people in India to challenge undemocratic process. There is no alternative to electing better leaders and making them accountable.
A super-beurocrat called lokpal cannot solve the corruption problem, it may exacerbate it. There are enough stringent provisions in IPC to fight corruption.

It is not only M L Sharma, there are enough sane people in India to challenge undemocratic process. There is no alternative to electing better leaders and making them accountable.
A super-beurocrat called lokpal cannot solve the corruption problem, it may exacerbate it. There are enough stringent provisions in IPC to fight corruption.

I don't know If I can make it understandable, even though I will try...

I agree that this Lokpal may not eradicate corruption. But look at these points...
1. none of the investigating agency is independent of PM. Its seen many time that CBI and other detecting agencies were misused by center.
2. Jan lokpal bill draft, version 1.8, please read it. http://www.tehelka.com/channels/Web_Specials/2011/April/09/images/civil_society_s_lokpal_bil.pdf
3. Karnataka Lokayukta has exposed many scams, Due to absence of power, he is unable to nab the culprits.
4. Few decade ago no one expected that Bihar will have free and fair election, due to TN Sesson work, Bihar had such good election. It happen only coz Election commission is free from government control (patrial)
5. You need not to be superman to fight against corruption, You just need spine of steel...

what most people dont realise that this bill is targeting babus not netas . and i agree that anna hazare had made a mockery of democracy . people got caught up and whiped up with sentiment but refused to see the large picture . if someone saw the devils advocate last week it was really enghlightning . it really put things into context . what anna did was set a precedence to blackmail the goverment . what happnes tmro if any one who want anything starts a hunger fast?

Getting rid of this gandhi family & their cronies should be the our prime motive. Congress is the root cause for all ills of India..

dont single out anything.....................everyone are mix pigeons........weather white or saffron.............problem is that we are stupid common man of India.................we care about food when we go home................we care about next installment of loan..............

I bet ML Sharma is a Congress activist.

Today it has been revealed that Sharad Pawar has links with DB realtors and he favoured them. Of course this is NOT mockery of our Democracy.
What Raja did, what Kalmadi did, what Maharashtra Congress did in Adarsh are not mockeries of our democracy. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom