What's new

Helicopter for PNS Alamghir

Went through all 3 pages of post, didn't find a clear source. Pls point out.
I'm looking for something like DSCA -- Arms Sales Notifications

its right there on the 1st page....

PNS Alamgir is the first of eight Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates requested by Pakistan. Whether the US will supply further ships is now open to question after relations deteriorated following the operation to kill Osama Bin Laden.

The PN is also keen to receive a unspecified number of SH-60F helicopters for ship borne operations in a bid to narrow the capability gap with the Indian Navy.

PNS Alamgir is the first of eight Oliver Hazard Perry class frigates requested by Pakistan. Whether the US will supply further ships is now open to question after relations deteriorated following the operation to kill Osama Bin Laden.

The PN is also keen to receive a unspecified number of SH-60F helicopters for ship borne operations in a bid to narrow the capability gap with the Indian Navy.

I'm sorry, and not trying to to be facetious, but while it says that in the first post of the fleet review thread, there still is no source reference. The only thing that is said about the origin of the post is

"modified version of a article in a defence journal "

It doesn't say which issue of what defence journal and it doesn't give the author name and date of publication. Further, it also isn't clear who made what modifications to the original article and hence it can't be determined what part of the post is the original author's and what part is by the person that did the modifications.

In short: that's not a valid source reference. (can't retrieve the original article this way, for starters)

Further, while it may be that 'PN is keen to receive' a certain item, this doesn't mean that a formal (or even an informal) request was put to the US gov't or a US manufacturer for such an item.

I'm sorry, and not trying to to be facetious, but while it says that in the first post of the fleet review thread, there still is no source reference. The only thing that is said about the origin of the post is

"modified version of a article in a defence journal "

It doesn't say which issue of what defence journal and it doesn't give the author name and date of publication. Further, it also isn't clear who made what modifications to the original article and hence it can't be determined what part of the post is the original author's and what part is by the person that did the modifications.

In short: that's not a valid source reference. (can't retrieve the original article this way, for starters)

Further, while it may be that 'PN is keen to receive' a certain item, this doesn't mean that a formal (or even an informal) request was put to the US gov't or a US manufacturer for such an item.

i can e-mail u the entire article which is from NAVY International (Jane's) - just PM the e-mail address. you can think what you like, which is your right but the info is genuine.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

further i've always maintained that it was a 'wish list'

I think PNS Alamgir can accomodate Lynx
screenshot1011201016112.jpg

screenshot1011201016111.jpg

screenshot1011201016114.jpg

I think PNS Alamgir can accomodate Lynx
Easily.
It can also accommodate SH-2 G(i) Super Sea Sprite. Harbin Z-9EC of similare copters as it is designed to take a big, Sea King sized helicopter, including SH-60.

i can e-mail u the entire article which is from NAVY International (Jane's) - just PM the e-mail address. you can think what you like, which is your right but the info is genuine.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

further i've always maintained that it was a 'wish list'
I don't want the article, the source ref will do.
Author (date), [title], in: Jane''s NAVY International, [issue] etc

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

PN has requested the SH60 but the alternate will be the Z9EC
Wish list?

Pakistan Should go for the American Helicopter and also should try to get other 5 Oliver Hazard Class Frigates

I think Pakistan should think at least a 100 times before buying any more American Equipment because of the Strings attached and Frequent Embargoes that waste Pakistani Taxpayers money. Don't Buy American anymore.

Let's be honest when (it's almost a certainty) the IN gets the SH-60/S-70 all hopes for PN getting the same go down the drain.

Let's be honest when (it's almost a certainty) the IN gets the SH-60/S-70 all hopes for PN getting the same go down the drain.
Mmm, I think both Greece and Turkey got the same heli's (S-70B-6 Aegean Hawks and S-70B-28 Seahawks respectively), not withstanding their differences.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

I think Pakistan should think at least a 100 times before buying any more American Equipment because of the Strings attached and Frequent Embargoes that waste Pakistani Taxpayers money. Don't Buy American anymore.
Buy? Much of this gear (OHPs, SH-2s) is given in AID and to the extent there is some payment, this is often finance through cheap loans (FMS).

I don't want the article, the source ref will do.
Author (date), [title], in: Jane''s NAVY International, [issue] etc

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Wish list?

aye, aye Sir
article = Push and Pull - PN confronts an east/west divide
author = F/Bokhari
publisher = Jane's NAVY International - June 2011

aye, aye Sir
article = Push and Pull - PN confronts an east/west divide
author = F/Bokhari
publisher = Jane's NAVY International - June 2011

Farhad Bokhari, 2011, PUSH AND PULL: PAKISTAN'S NAVY CONFRONTS AN EAST/WEST DIVIDE in: Jane's Navy International, May 19, 2011.
Jane's Navy International - Fleet Review

Thank you, sir. Now, what does the original say on the SH-60s? (verbatim quote, pls)

NH-90 and SH-60 are roughly equivalent helicopters.

NH-90M Nato Frigate Helicopter
General characteristics

Crew: 2 pilots (and possible sensor operator on NFH)
Capacity: 20 seated troops or; 12 medevac stretchers or; 2 NATO pallets or; 4,000 kg (8,818 lb) external slung load
Length: 16.13 m (52 ft 11 in)
Rotor diameter: 16.30 m (53 ft 6 in)
Height: 5.23 m (17 ft 2 in)
Empty weight: 6,400 kg (14,100 lb)
Useful load: 4,200 kg (9,260 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 10,600 kg (23,370 lb)
Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Turbomeca RTM322-01/9 turboshaft, 1,662 kW (2,230 shp) each, or:
Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T700-T6E turboshaft, 1,577 kW (2,115 shp) each
Performance

Maximum speed: 300 km/h (162 knots, 186 mph)
Range: 800 km, 497 mi (TTH); 1,000 km, 621 mi (NFH) ()
Service ceiling: 6,000 m (20,000 ft)
Rate of climb: 8 m/s (1,574 ft/m)
Armament

Missiles: anti-submarine and/or air to surface missiles (NFH version), 2x door gun

SH-60B
General characteristics

Crew: 3–4
Capacity: 5 passengers in cabin, slung load of 6,000 lb (2,700 kg) or internal load of 4,100 lb (1,900 kg) for B, F and H models; and 11 passengers or slung load of 9,000 lb (4,100 kg) for S-model
Length: 64 ft 8 in (19.75 m)
Rotor diameter: 53 ft 8 in (16.35 m)
Height: 17 ft 2 in (5.2 m)
Disc area: 2,262 ft² (210 m²)
Empty weight: 15,200 lb (6,895 kg)
Loaded weight: 17,758 lb (8,055 kg) ; for ASW mission
Useful load: 6,684 lb (3,031 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 21,884 lb (9,927 kg)
Powerplant: 2 × General Electric T700-GE-401C turboshaft, 1,890 shp (1,410 kW) take-off power each
Performance

Never exceed speed: 180 kn (333 km/h; 207 mph)
Maximum speed: 146 kn (270 km/h; 168 mph)
Range: 450 nmi (518 mi/834 km) at cruise speed
Service ceiling: 12,000 ft (3,580 m)
Rate of climb: 1,650 ft/min (8.38 m/s)
Armament

Up to three Mark 46 torpedos or Mk-54s,
AGM-114 Hellfire missile, 4 Hellfire missiles for SH-60B and HH-60H and MH-60R, 8 Hellfire missiles for MH-60S Block III.
AGM-119 Penguin missile (being phased out),
M60 machine gun or, M240 machine gun or GAU-16/A machine gun or GAU-17/A Minigun
Rapid Airborne Mine Clearance System (RAMICS) using Mk 44 Mod 0 30 mm Cannon

A US Navy SH-3 Sea King helicopter on the helicopter pad of an Australian FFG7 ship.
SH-3-Sea-King-helicopter-218.preview.jpg

A SH-60 helicopter on the helicopter pad of an FFG7 ship
xinsrc_3120105091002890250085.jpg

SH-60 relative to SH-3 (US Presidential flight)
EXEC%20FLIGHT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom