What's new

Hijab And Corporate Morality — Orya Maqbool Jan

One sardar friend of mine, a much married man (on his second wife) once told me something pretty chauvinistic about Muslim women and us Hindu/Sikh men.

The Hindi version is pretty inflammatory, but what he basically said was that one of them was an apple, the other a knife. Bringing both together would only mean one thing.

Which is why his advice to me (knowing my habits and my reputation) was that never EVER smile at a Muslim woman when you are talking to her. He did not talk about lowering the gaze, but I remember two three times he stressed never to smile.

I wonder what that was about ..... I'm a charming sort and I of course will smile shyly at a girl I want to get to know better. Girls have been known to call it the Lost Rascal Next Door look ......

One sardar friend of mine, a much married man (on his second wife)

that isn't a much married man !!!

once told me something pretty chauvinistic about Muslim women and us Hindu/Sikh men.

The Hindi version is pretty inflammatory, but what he basically said was that one of them was an apple, the other a knife. Bringing both together would only mean one thing.

is that your explanation or his??

that isn't a much married man !!!

For a sardar I meant.

is that your explanation or his??

His. I remember we were riding back from Sunday morning breakfast, past the local Muslim college, where a group of really pretty girls in black burqa were walking (the fitted kind which acccentuates the curves and the face is uncovered with a loosish scarf type thing, and you can see the stylish bottom and shoes peeking out from below ....), and then he gave me this gem in a conspirational sotto voce.

I think he was a little mortified when in the middle of one thousand beards I gave them my usual beaming "How you doin' ...." smile and quizzical upward tilt of the head .....

His. I remember we were riding back from Sunday morning breakfast, past the local Muslim college, where a group of really pretty girls in black burqa were walking (the fitted kind which acccentuates the curves and the face is uncovered with a loosish scarf type thing, and you can see the stylish bottom and shoes peeking out from below ....), and then he gave me this gem in a conspirational sotto voce.

well, i don't really like the arrogance in many of the modern muslim young females ( many of them have this ), especially those who go about in burqa... feel like slapping them, and once i achieve some power i will remove their arrogance.

but you should ask your friend what he meant.

well, i don't really like the arrogance in many of the modern muslim young females ( many of them have this ), especially those who go about in burqa... feel like slapping them, and once i achieve some power i will remove their arrogance.

but you should ask your friend what he meant.

I don't get you. There was nothing arrogant about them. And at least here, even girls in burqa are pretty approachable and friendly. They will talk to you. Look at you directly without any fuss. They are basically normal girls with the black gown on top.

Sardar is a colorful man. Can't tell you much about him on an open forum. But there was a Muslim girl once in love with him. In college. And our man was married. Very filmy ......

I think he is a borderline Khalistani. He loves Muslims more than Hindus I think.

I don't get you. There was nothing arrogant about them. And at least here, even girls in burqa are pretty approachable and friendly. They will talk to you. Look at you directly without any fuss. They are basically normal girls with the black gown on top.

is this bombay?? i don't know about bombay or delhi or any place upwards of deccan... i am talking about southern places like bangalore, mangalore and hyderabad... they are materialistic and shallow.

Sardar is a colorful man. Can't tell you much about him on an open forum. But there was a Muslim girl once in love with him. In college. And our man was married. Very filmy ......

very.

Lol you should see how he dresses.

full tapori??

Rangeela2-300x187.jpg

11sli2.jpg

full tapori??

Rangeela2-300x187.jpg

11sli2.jpg

No just the opposite. Color coordinated turban, smart T shirts, dungarees, cargos, crocs, brogues, kirpan flashing, designer watches. Most colorful guy. Loud, beaming, popular with everyone, across social lines. Nothing subtle about him.

Last edited:
No man Siddhu is a dandy, a peacock,

well, pink and orange cravats with loud pattern are strict no-no for any true gentleman... cravat must be dark or subtle or other colors and patterns... in his case, turbans too.

a boorish uncouth grating one at that.

he has toned down these days... you can see that in "comedy nights with kapil"... however, his dressing sometimes is loud as colorful as in the picture above.

My friend is stylish and cool

good... men of style are rare nowadays... i too pride myself of being stylish and not at all fashionable... fashion :astagh:.

these used to be these fine ads on doordarshan tv and newspapers in the early 90's ( or was it late 80's )... karan kapoor for bombay dyeing...

Bombay-Dyeing-Karan-Kapoor-1.jpg

and now this red pyjama shown in cinema halls... :lol:

cream-manyavar-indo-western-sherwani-for-wedding-wear-ce0521-ae8.jpg

but the film "khoobsurat" brought back notion of what style is...

5.jpg

Khoobsurat%202014%20-%20Fawad%20Khan%20Wallpaper.jpg

fawad-khan_650_091014124750_092414062929.jpg

and merges with the swish crowd.

i see.

Why don't you two gentlemen let women decide for themselves to make decision.Again,two men arguing here to decide women's covering!?
@Akheilos I guess that your comment would be more appropriate.
I avoid such threads because apparently men seem to think they can push the woman to dress to their needs....hence their need to debate...The day they dress in a burqa/ sari will be the day I can even think of listening to them!

It is not only the problem of these 2 men...All over the world men push their design and want down the throats of people in the name of fashion, be it vulgar or not is not a matter of concern...a third of such male wouldnt want their women to be seen in anything similar while the other section have less morals than .....

The last piece of the third are just living in denial

A mixture of the 3 of these categories are the same who would raise their voices against women's choice of a hijab by claiming it is forced or whatever junk they can pull out of their brains but would fail to address how their ideas of how a woman should dress (based on a "designer" cloth) would not be considered a force!

The day a man can answer this would be the day I can bother to debate with retards! Yes if you think forcing women into anything that you wouldnt want your women (mothers, sisters, wives or daughters) to be remotely seen in let alone they themselves would even consider wearing....!

As for those other retards who CLAIM yes claim that they wouldnt mind seeing their women in it well leave it within your women why force it on someone else's women?!

Am I disgusted out! Def! Been avoiding this bloody thread!

Last edited:
a few times, i have had to lower my gaze because the ladies decided to stare at me for many seconds, in admiration of course. :ashamed:

and no... no lightening struck them down. :D

Qaddafi was not that smart and handsome but he had some ladies as his security, very bad things happened to them by the way.

On a serious note bro I am not willing to accept this that nature has not blessed this species with an instinct / sense when and who is looking at them with what intention, I have seen many a times most mod fod (including goriz) getting nervous and trying to cover up :enjoy:.

This parda thing is all natural, built in, its men who invented excuses for a piece of paper, invented means to play with emotions of humans and make them feel ugly and inferior. The songs like "lak 28 kuri da " will conform to what I am saying, and anything that provides security to their targeted customer base and opposes what they are trying to sell, is going to be downgraded by them and criticized at every front.

On a serious note bro I am not willing to accept this that nature has not blessed this species with an instinct / sense when and who is looking at them with what intention, I have seen many a times most mod fod (including goriz) getting nervous and trying to cover up :enjoy:.

Chicks have a sixth sense when you are looking down their chest. I have learned to stop taing furtive peeks and appreciate things honestly and naturaly. It freaks them out less in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom