What's new

Hindu militants copying tactics of jihadis: Chidambaram

You guys are so deluded by these events. First of this not about one or two person. This is about naming groups who indulge in terrorist activity to promote or enforce Hinduism and creating an impression that Hindus in India are as equivocal for using such means as is LeT or JeM, which is highly demeaning for such a tolerant society.

Now is there any terror outfit identified that believes in killing and dieing for the sake of Hinduism? None! Not even the persons arrested for Malegaon blast have been proven guilty, then how can their associations be established to be terror groups? As of now there is no such thing as "Hindu terrorist organization", and if some people do form such a group, then they surely have no knowledge of this ancient way of life.

I find it particularly strange when people callously project RSS, VHP, etc as having affinity to violent activities for enforcing Hinduism, which is an absolutely false notion and baseless of any evidence. I guess some people need to learn the definition of terrorism. Fundamentalism is different from terrorism.

And I must add that emotionally brainwashed people are everywhere, but they and their mentors have little knowledge about their faith.

You guys are so deluded by these events. First of this not about one or two person. This is about naming groups who indulge in terrorist activity to promote or enforce Hinduism and creating an impression that Hindus in India are as equivocal for using such means as is LeT or JeM, which is highly demeaning for such a tolerant society.

Now is there any terror outfit identified that believes in killing and dieing for the sake of Hinduism? None! Not even the persons arrested for Malegaon blast have been proven guilty, then how can their associations be established to be terror groups? As of now there is no such thing as "Hindu terrorist organization", and if some people do form such a group, then they surely have no knowledge of this ancient way of life.

I find it particularly strange when people callously project RSS, VHP, etc as having affinity to violent activities for enforcing Hinduism, which is an absolutely false notion and baseless of any evidence. I guess some people need to learn the definition of terrorism. Fundamentalism is different from terrorism.

And I must add that emotionally brainwashed people are everywhere, but they and their mentors have little knowledge about their faith.

Agree with you. You summed it up nicely. :tup:

I think he is alluding to the Malegaon blasts which were suspected to be the work of Col. Purohit and that yogini, Ptagya Thakur. If I remember correctly they were members of an association affiliated to the VHP and RSS.

# 1 Nothing is proved against them yet.
# 2 and most importantly even they are out of MCOCA.

GB

This is ridiculous!

Jihad means struggle and is an integral part of the Islamic faith!

This guy doesn't know what he is talking about!

These CIA-backed terrorists have nothing to do with Jihad or Islam!

Monkey sees Monkey does

Enough said.

There are idiots and Fanatics of all religions, groups, sects and organizations. in all countries all over the world.

what matters if the ability of the sane people to keep the Insane in check.:coffee:

An important point to make. :)

Chidambaram can first prove and convict

1. Sadhvi Pragya, Col.Purohit and Company
2. Convict and Ban Abhinav Bharat, Sanathan Sanstha etc.

Then he can jump out of his pants and talk about their tactics and training etc.

I always used to think that Chidambaram is an intelligent person. How low a man can go for votebank politics???

Congress is in power for 50+ years and yet they dont have balls to ban Bajrang Dal and VHP.

Now Doctor is talking about some mysterious Hindu outfits.

GB

Chidambaram can first prove and convict

1. Sadhvi Pragya, Col.Purohit and Company
2. Convict and Ban Abhinav Bharat, Sanathan Sanstha etc.

Then he can jump out of his pants and talk about their tactics and training etc.

I always used to think that Chidambaram is an intelligent person. How low a man can go for votebank politics???

GB

Pity, he wears no pants...I mean he wears the other traditional south Indian dress. :lol:

I believe he surely has good visions for India, but he, just like other glorious politicians is also tied to politics of power in one way or another.

Bhailog, extremism of any form is dangerous to the social fabric of a society. When this extremism turns voilent, it is then terrorism. This extremism is not limited to one community / class of society. It rises from percieved injustices and atrocities.

Chidu apna padha likha aadmi hai yaar and he is only doing his thankless job which is to keep us safe. I know that when a particular community is named it is only human to be on the defensive. But then please look at it this way, that it is necessary that our law enforcement agencies do not draw a distinction between extremism of any kind because in any form or in any faith it is equally dangerous to our society.

The victims have no religion or faith. They are just dead people. The ugliest of sights.

The religion and faith is important only as long as they are alive. Hence it is important for us to look at it from a perspective of a society. All the religions in our country are equally against terrorism. It is only the greed of some individuals that has turned us in to votebanks and tried to create fissures amongst us. These people do not belong to a particular faith or religion. They are plain greedy.

We are blessed that we were born in this country and hence tolerance and understanding is in our genes.

Trust me friends, in today's world, we are a miracle in existence. The only reason that we have existed in our current form irrespective of in-numerous attempts to create fissures between us is because of our level headed approach and the ability to see reason in everything.

Thus I would accept it as it is, one of our leaders intimating us against a percieved danger to our country and society.

Hamari picture bahut pyaari hai, ise aise hi chalne do mere dost.....

Agreed that there's miles of distance between terror outfits like LeT, JeM and the likes of the VHP, Bajrang Dal and RSS. Normally one wouldn't even think of comparing them. Normally!

I know I would get ample brickbats for this, but these Hindu right wing groups have been associated with violence in the past. Babri, Gujrat, Orissa and Malegaon to name a few. Now you can call these incidents as mass disturbances but its common knowledge (I know we are all informed people and regularly follow Indian media) that the organization's activists had a major if not a total role to play in it.

There are multiple ways to spread terror. By bombs and armed attacks or by riots, burning shops, looting homes, killing nuns and raping women.

Their members have been arrested and tried. Convicted or not, thats a different question. May be you can call it populism and vote bank politics again. Togadiya was arrested for distributing Trishuls in Agra (or was it Barreilly?). Uma Bharti, LK Advani and other were present during Babri Masjid.

Believe me I am no supporter of Congress. And nothing comes close to the senseless slaughter unleashed on 26/11 but inter-religious relations in India are no better off by the emergence of the likes of Hindu fundamentalists.

Bhailog, extremism of any form is dangerous to the social fabric of a society. When this extremism turns voilent, it is then terrorism. This extremism is not limited to one community / class of society. It rises from percieved injustices and atrocities.

Totally on the same page on this with you _kam. :) IMO people who want to protect Hinduism should only focus on its protection and not its aggressive expansion, and they should ensure that it is not used in politics in any way...that is the best way and I think the only proper way to both protect and promote Hinduism. Let it stand unique and do not disgrace it by pulling it into a mud-slinging environment. The same goes for any other faith.

Chidu apna padha likha aadmi hai yaar and he is only doing his thankless job which is to keep us safe.

:lol:

We are blessed that we were born in this country and hence tolerance and understanding is in our genes.

Trust me friends, in today's world, we are a miracle in existence. The only reason that we have existed in our current form irrespective of in-numerous attempts to create fissures between us is because of our level headed approach and the ability to see reason in everything.

We sure are blessed to have you. :)

I know I would get ample brickbats for this, but these Hindu right wing groups have been associated with violence in the past. Babri, Gujrat, Orissa and Malegaon to name a few. Now you can call these incidents as mass disturbances but its common knowledge (I know we are all informed people and regularly follow Indian media) that the organization's activists had a major if not a total role to play in it.

Agreed that they have indulged in violent activities and do so even now, but never of the scale of mass-murder (except one, which was actually a riot) or even murder a single person as group and yelled "Hey, we killed him because he would not submit to Hinduism". You can brand such people criminals, but to call them terrorists is too far stretched.

What happened in Ayodhya is condemnable for sure, but that does not makes anyone associated with that incident a militant. My objection is only that we should not create an impression of there being terror groups in India, living off the salt of India and hurting it, because there are none, and none especially to be classified as Hindu terror groups.

Agreed that they have indulged in violent activities and do so even now, but never of the scale of mass-murder (except one, which was actually a riot) or even murder a single person as group and yelled "Hey, we killed him because he would not submit to Hinduism". You can brand such people criminals, but to call them terrorists is too far stretched.

What happened in Ayodhya is condemnable for sure, but that does not makes anyone associated with that incident a militant. My objection is only that we should not create an impression of there being terror groups in India, living off the salt of India and hurting it, because there are none, and none especially to be classified as Hindu terror groups.

I concur. Extremists is a more apt term. And I would anyday take their brand of extremism and fundamentalism over the one espoused by the LeTs of the world!

Pity, he wears no pants...I mean he wears the other traditional south Indian dress. :lol:

Usually he wears lungi with a langoti inside.

However I have seen him wearing pants and blazers and all but hat is very rare.

So I replace pants with Lungi.

That is why the keyword suspected.

I hope that the shoe hit him right on his face next time.

GB

Back
Top Bottom