What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

Who told you Nasr's altitude is 60km?...Its horizontal range is 60km,and being a quasi-ballistic missile,it does not have to rise to 60km...IMO,its apogee would be no more than 20 km.Besides,quasi-ballistic missiles change their trajectories several times during flight and that applies to Nasr too.

20km is for cruise missiles.... BM rise above 300km altitude in space... while quasi-ballistic ones go above 60km.... 15-10 km is for cruise missiles.

What advancement does Gauri II has over Gauri I expect for range and an extra stage.... what's the accuracy ??.... Is there any change in the type of liquid fuel ??

The target prithvi missiles were the modified missiles of its solid fueled variants Dhanush... No ship in IN fires a liquid fueled missile..... all the target missiles were modified dhanush launched from INS Subhadra from the Eastern fleet.

The purpose of a BMD isn't to stop every ballistic missile that is headed our way but to grant a grace period of time till our missiles are launched in response in order to neutralize the situation.So yes,that grace period could well mean the difference between survival and extermination.

It is a game changer when it comes to...

1. Hezbollah/Hamas vs. Israel
2. Iran vs. USA
3. North Korea vs. USA

It does not work in Pakistan vs. India scenario...

I beg to differ or Russia(country with one off the worlds largest stockpile ) would not be so nervous of US erecting a shield around it.

It is a game changer when it comes to...

1. Hezbollah/Hamas vs. Israel
2. Iran vs. USA
3. North Korea vs. USA

It does not work in Pakistan vs. India scenario...

Do you see any difference with

Pakistan vs India

Or should I ask you why Putin actively protested about ABM shield in Poland ??

20km is for cruise missiles.... BM rise above 300km altitude in space... while quasi-ballistic ones go above 60km.... 15-10 km is for cruise missiles.

That applies to Quasi BMs in general....like Shaurya,Iskander etc...

If Nasr's apogee is 60km while its H range is also 60 km,then it is more dumb than a normal BM.Just saying,Shaheen-II has a horizontal range of 2500km while its apogee is 400 km...

And 10-15 km is for cruise missiles like BrahMos...Tomahawk and Babur have altitude 100m or less...

What advancement does Gauri II has over Gauri I expect for range and an extra stage.... what's the accuracy ??.... Is there any change in the type of liquid fuel ??

More speed and more accuracy...because Ghauri-IIs ReV is made by NDC,NESCOM...which also makes accurate ReVs for Shaheen series...No other advancement.

The target prithvi missiles were the modified missiles of its solid fueled variants Dhanush... No ship in IN fires a liquid fueled missile..... all the target missiles were modified dhanush launched from different ships

Are you telling me that an interceptor which intercepts missiles of range 350km can do so with missiles of 2500km range?...I won't consider AAD/PAD trustworthy,unless they are successfully tested against Agni series missiles (I or II).

Meray bhai,kis ne kaha hai k saaray Nasr aik jaga ikathay hon gay?...I'm talking of taking out individual vehicles separately.
arre mene kab kaha ki saaray CBU-97 Sensor Fused Air Deployed Bomb ek hi jaga bomb kiye jaange.Just one CBU-97 Sensor Fused Air Deployed Bomb can cover an area the size of about 12 football fields (or 6 hectares).so jitna Nasr rakna chahoin toh rakho

Do you see any difference with

Pakistan vs India

Or should I ask you why Putin actively protested about ABM shield in Poland ??

American ABM is not even close to intercepting even 20% Russian missiles...

These are political tactics...of course they won't make a difference,but Putin wants to stop these developments in the first place,before they evolve into a considerable threat in future...

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

arre mene kab kaha ki saaray CBU-97 Sensor Fused Air Deployed Bomb ek hi jaga bomb kiye jaange.Just one CBU-97 Sensor Fused Air Deployed Bomb can cover an area the size of about 12 football fields (or 6 hectares).so jitna Nasr rakna chahoin toh rakho

Sir aap jeet gaye :yahoo:

I wonder where will be the Pakistan Air Force when IAF will be targeting Nasrs...:what:

Does "the same" means tactical nukes launched by India?

P.S. I like your avatar,can you tell me which weapon system is this?

for 1st line> not sure. may be India will use strategic nukes also.

for 2nd line> i don't know. spark gave me this

A lowly Ghauri I will hit Delhi in a matter of 4 minutes at blazingly fast speeds. When will India detect, mobilize and respond to such a weapon.

Never mind the newer missiles... When MIRV comes into the picture then its best not to talk about ABM for even the US Army at these miniscule distances.

ABM is for countries where there are oceans and continents for missiles to cross not a handful of villages and cities.

Sir aap jeet gaye:yahoo:
I wonder where will be the Pakistan Air Force when IAF will be targeting Nasrs...:what:
create a separate thread ,i would answer where will be the Pakistan Air Force when IAF will be targeting Nasrs;)

A lowly Ghauri I will hit Delhi in a matter of 4 minutes at blazingly fast speeds. When will India detect, mobilize and respond to such a weapon.

False info+ exaggeration...Ghauri-I is slow missile as compared to Shaheen series...Ghauri-I has a flight time of 8-9 minutes.

American ABM is not even close to intercepting even 20% Russian missiles...

These are political tactics...of course they won't make a difference,but Putin wants to stop these developments in the first place,before they evolve into a considerable threat in future...

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Sir aap jeet gaye :yahoo:

Not yet its not ..but yes in the future(once all elements of NMD are in place) that may change...that is why Russia is so nervous...just like India - Pakistan scenario Russia realizes it does not have enough resources to match US in BM/ ABM development.

sir i think u have no idea about india 's Long Range Tracking Radar Green pine & sword fish ,it can detect BMS from 600 km away & BTW pakistan is our neighbour,we dont need to place our radar in afghanistan or iran to detect ur BMS:cheesy:

Never mind the newer missiles... When MIRV comes into the picture then its best not to talk about ABM for even the US Army at these miniscule distances.
agree that MIRVS are difficult to intercept,but india would try to intercept it in boost phase ,as our ABMs can be moved to borders

ABM is for countries where there are oceans and continents for missiles to cross not a handful of villages and cities.
again what do u mean by that .,? :blink:

Currently Israel has one of the most potent ABM system deployed anywhere in the world..and last I checked there are no oceans/continents separating Israel from it enemies.

Land based Anti Ballistic Missile Technology (such as Patriot Missiles etc) cannot be fully effective in the Indo-Pak theater due to extremely short flight distances. With the number of nuke tipped multi-range and altitude missiles on both sides and relatively extremely short distances to prime target cities, the missiles will in all probability hot even before the ABMT batteries lock, load and launch.
Good point but applies to only short range theater nuclear missiles. Long range missiles always have high parabolic or exo-atmospheric trajectories which means there would be adequate reaction time for launching counter measures.

Back
Top Bottom