What's new

how did china build its infrastructure ?

It doesn't. Levels of education correlates with GDP per capita, but not necessarily IQ. After all, IQ is highly affected by the educational environment in which one is raised.

True educational environment is very important but race and genetics also are factors that impact IQ. This is indisputable and there are many scientific studies especially across Europe and US confirming this.

True educational environment is very important but race and genetics also are factors that impact IQ. This is indisputable and there are many scientific studies especially across Europe and US confirming this.

Race has absolutely nothing to do with determining one's IQ. Period. Full stop.

Now are you gonna quote that guy with his IQ book who asserted East Germany and West Germany have different IQ peoples! :lol:

Last edited:

Did the people not protest ?

Oh yeah! Of course they do. In thousands, perhaps tens of thousands yearly.

Now there is a new Chinglish noun called "nail house". This is perhaps the most famous nail house known over internet, which has been demolished now with compensation, I believe.

nail&

So crew the rumor that the Chinese have no say in terms of their properties...

If you saw the list, you would see that having a high national IQ is no guarantee that you will have a high GDP per capita.

Guarantee is a strong word. No one said that. Certainly I didn't.

In the long run however, IQ is the best, and the most reliable, indicator of gdp per cap. e.g. low IQ nations can have very high gdp per cap because of sitting on some highly valuable natural resources. Yet in the long run they can't sustain it. A high iq nationa like North Korea can be very low in gdp per head due to comunism ideology (also true to mao's china), but it will come up on top once their ideology is rid of.

IQ is not the silver bullet that you think it is. Otherwise East Asian nations would not have been bullied and surpassed by the West during the last two centuries.

Again, in the long run it's the best indicator we have according to empirical evidences. See, East Asians are coming back?

Also, "the West" have pretty decent IQ too, slightly less though.

IQ is just ONE of many separate factors.

I would be excited to learn what are the "many seperate factors". :D

In my opinion, IQ has more to do with what kind of environment you are brought up with and your cultural background than your race.

There was once an experiment where they took an african twin orphan and put one in a jewish community and one in an african community. After a few years test results showed scores of 90 and 105.

You can see that alot of the red guards generation are screwed because of the background they are born in.

EQ is still important. So is political stability.

In the long run, high IQ people on average prone to be less corrupt (think Sweden, Singapore, Norway, Netherlands, etc) due to many desired innate qualities such as better self-control, discipline, reasoning, sense of duty to bigger group(sacrifice), etc.

Hence "a high IQ but morally corrupted (political) party" as you cited is either a short-term proposition or just incorrect, since the said party has likely to be hijacked already by low IQ people even though it were high IQ to have started with.

On economic crisis, India was in fact much less affected than china during the crisis, because India has been much less integrated into the world economy. India was, and still is, driven by internal "consumption growth", remember?

High IQ people tend to save more for the raining days due to superior planning, control and crisis management abilities which have been forged and sharpened since the Ice Age and instilled into their cultural traits thereafter. Though this economic crisis affected China much more than India, in comparison China was able to invest more into their own infrastructure out of high level domestic saving and/or national saved income, despite of negative int'l environment. Is it not?

But yes, you do need a high IQ to decipher it. :D

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Thank you for proving my point. :D
No it your morality has nothing to do with high iq.U have criminals,hackers with high iq.Ur intelligence may help u to mange problems well but that alone can never be a factor.A nation needs smart people but u don't need geniuses to figure out solution to most of the problems.U just need dedication,environment,will and several other factors which have nothing to do with iq.
When did i say india was effected more than china when the crisis struck.but as u said u do need a high iq to decipher it.:)
Btw wats ur IQ.

Are you saying intelligence is not heritable? While speeder might be wrong in saying that IQ is the be all and end all, race and IQ is pretty proven.

No it is not. Race and inheritance are two very different things. Every race has its own populations of low, medium, and high-IQ people.

The whole argument that is being put forward here is that certain races/ethnicities have "naturally-higher" IQs than other races/ethnicities, and that this results in a higher level of economic development. That is bullshit.

From my studies in this field, I think that inheritance has only a minor impact (20-30%) on one's IQ. More often than not, one's environment is the deciding factor in one's intelligence (70-80%). There are a few outliers and exceptions, but overall this is true for any population.

There are a few main parties but right now there is coalition goverment with Angela Merkel as the leader im not sure about the voter turnout but i know that generaly in western european countries the number is also low like usa.

so two or three or a few parties, it doesn't matter. people still don't vote.

Political apathy is the main reason, and is also the main reason why many upper/upper middle-class Indians don't vote.

I don't want to keep asking what cause the socalled "Political apathy". Let's get to the point, Voting won't change anything in long term, you can choose A or B or C, but whoever you choose, they will do almost the same things. that is the root cause. when people realize it, they choose to sit at home.

And also maybe it's not that the parties elected don't do as they say but their effort just get written over by the next party elected.

Per mile of subway, it costs 24 times more in New York (e.g. "$2.4 billion per mile") than in Guangzhou (e.g. "$100 million per mile").

Building A Subway Is 96 Percent Cheaper In China INFRASTRUCTURIST

"Building A Subway Is 96 Percent Cheaper In China
Posted on Friday March 27, 2009 by Jebediah Reed

To give some sense of the pace of public works construction in China, the city of Guangzhou is planning to open 83 miles of new subway lines by the end of next year. Meanwhile, New York–a city of about the same size–has been playing around with the 1.7-mile Second Avenue line for decades now. China also builds subways rather cheaply–$100 million per mile versus $2.4 billion per mile in the Big Apple.

Not surprisingly, projects there are more aggressive in all respects: there are 60 tunnel boring machines operating in Guangzhou, while only one is slated for the Second Avenue project
; workers put in five 12-hour shifts a week (and if they don’t like it, they can go pound glacial till); and seizing property is a breeze.

China's first inter-city light-rail line starts operation in Guangzhou

guangzhoufoshanmetroa.jpg

Passengers wait on the platform at Xilang station on Nov. 3, 2010. It is the terminal of the Guangzhou-Foshan metro line in Guangzhou, located in south China's Guangdong Province. The Guangzhou-Foshan line (e.g. a light-rail linking Guangzhou and Foshan) was officially inaugurated on Wednesday. The 21-kilometer line is China's first underground inter-city light-rail line that offers seamless transportation for passengers between the two cities. (Xinhua/Chen Yehua)

guangzhoufoshanmetrobre.jpg

A train, with a design-speed of 80 kilometers per hour, arrives at Xilang station. (Xinhua/Chen Yehua)

guangzhoufoshanmetrocre.jpg

A staff member assists passengers, who are boarding the train at Xilang station. (Xinhua/Chen Yehua)

guangzhoufoshanmetrod.jpg

Passengers travel aboard a carriage on the Guangzhou-Foshan metro line on Nov. 3, 2010. (Xinhua/Chen Yehua)

guangzhoufoshanmetroe.jpg

A staff member assists passengers, who are departing Xilang station. (Xinhua/Chen Yehua)

References: China's 1st inter-city light rail line operated in Guangzhou and China's 1st underground inter-city light rail line put in use - People's Daily Online

Note: Thank you to "Brotherhood" for the references.

Last edited:
I don't want to keep asking what cause the socalled "Political apathy". Let's get to the point, Voting won't change anything in long term, you can choose A or B or C, but whoever you choose, they will do almost the same things. that is the root cause. when people realize it, they choose to sit at home.

Yes, that is what causes the political apathy. Along with the fact that most people stop caring about other things once they reach a high level of economic security.

I don't want to keep asking what cause the so called "Political apathy". Let's get to the point, Voting won't change anything in long term, you can choose A or B or C, but whoever you choose, they will do almost the same things. that is the root cause. when people realize it, they choose to sit at home.
Things were like this a few decades ago... but recently there is a change in the trend with a lot of awareness about one's responsibility. I guess to some extent people who are content with their economic security (like Godless pointed out) didn't care much about politics, but with the recent growth, more and more people are aware that a good political system will keep their growth in mind and help them grow. But compare the voter turnout in western democracies and you will see that voting percentages are much higher, so the economic security excuse does not hold a strong reasoning.

There is also an urgent need to reduce the time to vote... sometimes I have had to stand in the line for an hour to vote... with people's busy life this is a definite factor to discourage a lot of them.

Back
Top Bottom