What's new

How do we make PDF better?

You can count on my vote (if there is such a thing), for my support to @AndrewJin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess recently there has been a flood of threads opened on basis of some sort of tweet or unconfirmed weblog or some silly print / social media reporting, which eventually leads to Troll festivals and mindless mud slinging.
I'm not sure what average age of members at PDF is, but certainly reading several posts makes one feel embarrassed. People often show little consideration for respect towards religious faith, ethnicity and most importantly freedom of speech.
A lot of times point people are trying to put across is, which is lesser evil of two.
Last year on an economy thread, a member openly posted extremely vulgar remarks over a particular lady member almost unabated. To me it was the most shameful of any instances ever.
May be something needs to be done about it. keeping interactions civil is first rule for debates to be enriching, is what was taught to me in school. But a lot of time has past since then and i'm not sure, if the teaching holds any merit today.
Lets resolve to keep this forum clean.

@WebMaster @waz @WAJsal @Horus @Slav Defence

Definitely agree on the threads opened based on tweets and other social media, including blogs.

These posts are often very inflammatory and rumor-based; or extremely localized/non-generalizable incidents.

PDF must have a policy of regulating these posts and quick punishment of the perpetrators.

Everytime this pops up i have to look back and see if anybody there who can see my phone . Can you bring it down @WebMaster
What does it look like? Can you post it so i can remove.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-12-18-11-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-12-18-11-34.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 52
Everytime this pops up i have to look back and see if anybody there who can see my phone . Can you bring it down @WebMaster
Never seen an add like that before, I usually get security related adds. And of course the usual telephone companies.

Well i get to see this a lot along with fb and pakwheel ad . And right now there's a "Qad (Height) Lamba kijiye"

Never seen an add like that before, I usually get security related adds. And of course the usual telephone companies.

Why is it I can't always "thank" someone for their post?

And is there any way to fix the issue that the number of pages to a thread doesn't always appear in a sub-forum list?

PDF is imaginably good, just add few more title holders (good posters) for temporary period like one month and after that period senior management should judge their performance and work for PDF only the best ones awarded permanent Titles.

I removed it.
question for the management, do you guys actually go through the 'reported' quotes and take action or are you too overwhelmed and understaffed to do anything about it ?

question for the management, do you guys actually go through the 'reported' quotes and take action or are you too overwhelmed and understaffed to do anything about it ?

Yes, we try our best. But we are usually understaffed

i am totally surprised. Is it one of the steps to make PDF better?

Bannings are a reminder to follow the rules.

k, I guess 'be the change you want to see' is the best philosophy to follow if we want a cleaner PDF, some threads here almost put the youtube and liveleek comment sections to shame lol

Sir in that case as i posted earlier kindly award temporary titles to good posters for specific period of time then judge their performance and add them in the team.

Indeed it is Sir, however missed him for a while so expressed to you. Hopefully he will back soon. Regards.

Sir in that case as i posted earlier kindly award temporary titles to good posters for specific period of time then judge their performance and add them in the team.

Titles could be like nicknames as well befitting to the criteria as you stated. Just my opinion.

Add PDF name field so that people can change PDF name without changing user name and PDF name will be appear in every post not user name and this will reduce your work load in future.

Back
Top Bottom