What's new

How I lost faith in multiculturalism

The Core problem here is that these guys are mad cause theres not many ethnic backgrounds in the news of the 3 main free to air television channels and because they dont post stories about muslim australians and christian australians getting on fine WHICH IS AN AMAZING STORY(sarcasm)how childish.

narelda-jacobs.jpg

Narelda jacobs is part aboriginal australian or aboriginal australian idk what she calls herself and lesbian.

and to the abortion rates thats the parents choice not yours abortion can only be done in early stages where the "baby" cant even feel pain.

No, the core problem is that some bigots want to imply that there is a problem with Muslim immigrants, and that there is no racism in certain quarters, i.e. media. Rather than shifting goalposts, you would be better served to stick to the ongoing debate.

Someone should tell them that it's all for ratings.

Someone should spend time understanding media dynamics and the confirmed bias in various media. Mainstream American media has a definite bias in a certain direction. Fox News has a different bias. Within the parameters of ratings, there is a lot of leeway.

No one is talking about feel good stories; we are talking about a selective bias in reporting and, in the case of Australian media, a definite lack of representation of the population at large.

Will the data from Australian Bureau of Statistics do?

The data disproves your own thesis and confirms my point that criminal activity includes Vietnamese, Middle Eastern and Islander gangs. Muslims from other Muslim countries are not prone to crime, so the theory of Muslim integration failure goes out the window.

Prejudice is a powerful thing; it evidently takes away your cognitive abilities to read a simple chart.

these stats would become more skewed if we include the ethnic thugs and criminals who were born here.

And you know this because....?

The data disproves your own thesis and confirms my point that criminal activity includes Vietnamese, Middle Eastern and Islander gangs. Muslims from other Muslim countries are not prone to crime, so the theory of Muslim integration failure goes out the window.

Agreed. :tup:

I never bought the theory that Muslim immigrants are somehow "less likely" to integrate than other types of immigrants.

If people want to talk about immigrant communities that like to "stick together", what about East Asians? There will probably be a Chinatown in almost every major city on Earth.

Wrong by a mile! Most international students are enrolled in legitimate courses, whether TAFE or uni, but the overwhelming majority of students in the sham hairdressing and cookery classes were Indian. Most of these 'students' rarely attended school and many of these schools didn't even have an oven or a hair dryer. The whole thing was a scam.

Indians were up to these same tricks in California, where they got busted. It is a very common tactic among Indians to enroll in sham schools to get a student visa as a stepping stone for migration.

Hah you always complain about "anti-Muslim" undertone of many forumers here, couldn't hide your Anti-Indian hatred anymore? It wasn't just Indians who were doing these courses. Its just that the last bunch who took advantage of this loop hole happened to be Indians.

In 2005, there were 345,000 overseas student enrolments in various courses across all sectors, more than triple the 111,300 overseas student enrolments in 1995, according to Australian Education International (AEI).

While all sectors grew between 1995 and 2005, the major driver of growth in overseas student enrolments was Higher Education which increased fourfold and contributed around half (53%) of the total enrolment increase over the period. In 2005, Higher Education enrolments comprised almost half (48%) of all enrolments. This was followed by Vocational and Technical Education (VTE) and ELICOS (each 19%).

Of the 164,000 international students enrolled in Higher Education in 2005, almost one in four were from China (24%), followed by India (14%) and Malaysia (9%). More than half of all enrolments were for bachelor degrees (59%) followed by masters by coursework (33%). In addition, more than half (55%) of enrolments were in either 'Business administration and management' or 'Computer science and information systems'. (Endnote 6)

VTE was the second largest sector with 66,100 enrolments in Australia in 2005. Almost one in five student enrolments were from China (18%), followed by Hong Kong (8%) and Thailand and Japan (7% each). The majority of VTE enrolments (80%) were at either Diploma or Advanced Diploma level, with the remaining 20% enrolled at the Certificate I through IV level. The top three fields of study in 2005 were 'Business administration and management', 'Services hospitality and transport', and 'Computer science and information systems'.

2yttkzq.jpg

Source:Student Visa Statistics - Statistics - Publications, Research and Statistics

So Indian students weren't the only ones.

=====================================================

There is no shortage of hairdressers or cooks. Remember, these are not haute cuisine chefs we are talking about, but short order cooks. Are you telling me that any country, including Australia, cannot train its own hairdressers and short order cooks?

Its not about if Australia can train its own hairdresser and short order cooks. Its about if local people are willing to these jobs. Are you telling me this "skill shortage" is a cooked up story?:confused:

When did I ever say anything about Muslims? All am saying is people from certain ethnic backgrounds tend to be involved in criminal activities more than others. If they also happen to be Muslims, then thats just unfortunate.

Prejudice is a powerful thing; it evidently takes away your cognitive abilities to read a simple chart.

Hah what prejudice? We are talking about statistical data here. There is no prejudice involved in seeing the fact that there there are 381 criminals out every 100,000 Vietnamese people in Australia. 260,280, 212, criminals out of every 100,000 Lebanese, Indonesian, Turkish in Australia, as compared to 28,36 and 51 criminals out of every 100,000 Indian, Chinese and Italian migrant in Australia. If you and Chinese Dragon think thats prejudice then be my guest, I would rather believe the statistics than cry victimization every time.

Lets just say I have seen some reports which can't be made public cause of the politically correct society we live in, and which you and many others over here insist to call racist and biased.

Hah you always complain about "anti-Muslim" undertone of many forumers here, couldn't hide your Anti-Indian hatred anymore? It wasn't just Indians who were doing these courses. Its just that the last bunch who took advantage of this loop hole happened to be Indians.

I am not anti-Indian. I was responding specifically to your self-righteous claim that Indian students are meek, law-abiding people who just want to get along. I showed that Indians are among the worst offenders when it comes to immigration fraud.

So Indian students weren't the only ones.

Where did I claim that it was exclusively Indian? I said it was predominantly Indian and your VET data proves it. Keep in mind that VET also includes legitimate VET students. The Indian abuse of the hairdressing/cookery sham was so ridiculously extreme that it became synonymous with the term Indian 'student'.

Its not about if Australia can train its own hairdresser and short order cooks. Its about if local people are willing to these jobs. Are you telling me this "skill shortage" is a cooked up story?:confused:

The whole shortage was drummed up. If there was such a bona fide shortage of hairdressers and short-order cooks, how come so many of the Indian 'students' couldn't find jobs -- the ones that actually studied what they claimed to study, that is?

When did I ever say anything about Muslims? All am saying is people from certain ethnic backgrounds tend to be involved in criminal activities more than others. If they also happen to be Muslims, then thats just unfortunate.

Hah what prejudice? We are talking about statistical data here. There is no prejudice involved in seeing the fact that there there are 381 criminals out every 100,000 Vietnamese people in Australia. 260,280, 212, criminals out of every 100,000 Lebanese, Indonesian Turkish in Australia, as compared to 28,36 and 51 criminals out of every 100,000 Indian, Chinese and Italian migrant in Australia. You think thats prejudice?

Lets just say I have seen some reports which can't be made public cause of the politically correct society we live in, and which you and many others over insist to call racist and biased.

Indians and Chinese are certainly not the most criminal related groups in Australia, but we are the groups that suffered from the prejudice and discrimination by the most.

Not only the Aussies attacked Indians for no reason, they also attacked the Chinese as well.

They just killed an old Chinese guy because of mistaken him as an Indian.

Mistaken for an Indian, Chinese killed in Aussie hate crime

That's why I respect the Canadians more, and there are bunch of reasons to dislike the Aussies.

Hah what prejudice? We are talking about statistical data here. There is no prejudice involved in seeing the fact that there there are 381 criminals out every 100,000 Vietnamese people in Australia. 260,280, 212, criminals out of every 100,000 Lebanese, Indonesian, Turkish in Australia, as compared to 28,36 and 51 criminals out of every 100,000 Indian, Chinese and Italian migrant in Australia. If you and Chinese Dragon think thats prejudice then be my guest, I would rather believe the statistics than cry victimization every time.

I never specifically said anything about you.

Just that the world is seeing a rise in Islamophobia, and this could be a factor regarding the anti-Lebanese sentiment in Australia.

Lets just say I have seen some reports which can't be made public cause of the politically correct society we live in, and which you and many others over here insist to call racist and biased.

Why don't you summarize it?

I just hope it's not going to be one of those things, like when the neo-Nazis in America pull up "black crime statistics" to make a point.

multiculturalism cannot be done overnight it is paintaking process

for ex : India it takes 1000 years to become full muticulturalism obsorved into society

No, the core problem is that some bigots want to imply that there is a problem with Muslim immigrants, and that there is no racism in certain quarters, i.e. media. Rather than shifting goalposts, you would be better served to stick to the ongoing debate.

Someone should spend time understanding media dynamics and the confirmed bias in various media. Mainstream American media has a definite bias in a certain direction. Fox News has a different bias. Within the parameters of ratings, there is a lot of leeway.

No one is talking about feel good stories; we are talking about a selective bias in reporting and, in the case of Australian media, a definite lack of representation of the population at large.

Have you even watched 60 minutes if you have there is no way you can say thats biased.

The attacks on indians in australia were also labelled racist by the australian media.

Indians and Chinese are certainly not the most criminal related groups in Australia, but we are the groups that suffered from the prejudice and discrimination by the most.

Not only the Aussies attacked Indians for no reason, they also attacked the Chinese as well.

That's why I respect the Canadians more, and there are bunch of reasons to dislike the Aussies.

the offender was an italian- australian
and you guys think it's only white australians causing these attacks

Yeah I remember that incident. Dr Mukesh Hakerwal of Indian background, who was the president of Australian Medical Association got bashed in a similar incident. But the point is, these crimes are more opportunistic than racist. And a lot of these criminal happen to be migrant themselves. White Aussies themselves are at the receiving end of such crimes a lot of time. You tell me if the names like John Caratozzolo, Michael Baltatzis, Joe Gullaci, Alfer Azzopardi sound Australian to you? Stricter laws and stronger police crackdown is needed in cities like Melbourne and Sydney where street crime is skyrocketing day by day.

the offender was an italian- australian
and you guys think it's only white australians causing these attacks

That guy was a neo-nazi wannabe, but it doesn't matter as Australia is still one of the most racist nation in the World.

Either read some of the articles posted or stop commenting.How many of the attacks were done by minorities , how many were done by indians themselves.

Chinese in Vancouver: Hate crime charge pending

I guess all canadians are racists now.

You seem to think chinese are racist free but boy does hit the fan if you got a chinese girl dating a black or white guy.( and i no from a freinds exprience what happens)

Heres a nice article

http://www.thechinaexpat.com/racism-in-china/

@Developereo

How are Pakistani people and/or students treated in Australia? Do Australians distinguish between Pakistanis and other groups? My third question, how are the Australian girls?

The original article, which you are supporting, claims that Islam is the causative factor in crime. The statistics disprove that claim. Also, you explicitly denied my claim that Islander and Vietnamese gangs are active in crime, preferring instead to focus on Turks and Lebanese.

Secondly, as CD noted, correlation does not imply causation. Since you claim that the causative factor here is culture, it is your responsibility to identify the cultural trait that is at fault. Unless you can do that, you are just playing with numbers. Keep in mind that the two highest groups, Islanders and Vietnamese, are not Muslim.

Right. Uh huh. What is the source of these 'reports'?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom