What's new

How I lost faith in multiculturalism

Either read some of the articles posted or stop commenting.How many of the attacks were done by minorities , how many were done by indians themselves.

Chinese in Vancouver: Hate crime charge pending

I guess all canadians are racists now.

There are indeed many racists in Canada, but they do control it better than it is in Australia which has became a Neo-Nazi infested paradise.

Many Chinese guys i known living in Australia had joined in the Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis protesting crowd to fight against the racist policy in Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never specifically said anything about you.

Just that the world is seeing a rise in Islamophobia, and this could be a factor regarding the anti-Lebanese sentiment in Australia.

Not all Lebanese are Muslims, so Islamophobia is out of question.

Why don't you summarize it?

I just hope it's not going to be one of those things, like when the neo-Nazis in America pull up "black crime statistics" to make a point.

They are statistics, why do you think statistics shouldn't be used to prove a point? I would buy stats over victim mentality any day. And the situation of the pathetic criminals here in Australia is not the same as "black" Americans. These people get all the benefits and privileges like every other ethnic migrant in this country. But why is it that these people gravitate towards crime more than say Chinese/Indians?

There are indeed many racists in Canada, but they do control it better than it is in Australia which has became a Neo-Nazi infested paradise.

Many Chinese guys i known living in Australia had joined in the Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis protesting crowd to fight against the racist policy in Australia.

Racist Policy in australia l0l?

youd no right being in Canada and all btw read my old post i edited it.

What the same protests which were gatecrashed by lebanese thugs?

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | More attacks on Indians in Sydney

Someone should tell them that it's all for ratings. Who wants to hear good news that can be easily ignored. Bad news sells because it brings out more emotions like fear, hatred, sympathy for those lost, as opposed to the light hearted 'awww' people get from news about people living together to make the world a better place.

A kitten gets more attention than people coexisting together without throwing rocks at each other; sad but true.

Btw, I hate women with short hair. She'd probably be hot, or at least attractive otherwise. I demand long hair pics now! :P

lollllll

///////////

They are statistics, why do you think statistics shouldn't be used to prove a point?

Like I said, "Correlation does not imply causation".

Also, this is data from just one country. I haven't heard of many anti-Lebanese problems elsewhere.

And the situation of the pathetic criminals here in Australia is not the same as "black" Americans. These people get all the benefits and privileges like every other ethnic migrant in this country. But why is it that these people gravitate towards crime more than say Chinese/Indians?

What is your theory then?

You tell me if the names like John Caratozzolo, Michael Baltatzis, Joe Gullaci, Alfer Azzopardi sound Australian to you?

You just dig a deeper hole for yourself with every post...
What is 'un-Australian' about these names? Clearly, you are one of these people who thinks that only white, Anglo Australians are 'real' Australians.

@Developereo

How are Pakistani people and/or students treated in Australia? Do Australians distinguish between Pakistanis and other groups? My third question, how are the Australian girls?

Yes, Australians definitely know the difference between Indians, Pakistanis, etc. but only when the subject comes up. Otherwise, all south Asians are generically referred to as 'Indians' and we play along. There's no point nitpicking.

Girls are girls, same as everywhere. If you are asking about racism or whatever, then I haven't seen any evidence. Most people are pretty relaxed about race. Most girls are not fussed about who they date -- it's not like they are getting married or anything...

I use to have a better outlook on Australia. Here in US, Australia enjoys a favorable perception, many people want to vacation there. After reading and researching more about Australia and the news coming out of Australia my view of Australia has changed; in the sense I think I have a more accurate perception of Australia then I did before. I doubt I'm alone.

Another reason to be here on Def.Pk.

Racist Policy in australia l0l?

youd no right being in Canada and all btw read my old post i edited it.

What the same protests which were gatecrashed by lebanese thugs?

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | More attacks on Indians in Sydney

Check even the open racist policy was only abolished back in 1970s, no wonder the racist mindset of the Aussies is still very deep rooted.

White Australia policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just admit that Australia is one of the most racist nation in the World, and we want to the improvement by action, not the constant denial.

Is PM Julia Gilliard one of these "white supremacist"? What are her views on minorities and immigration?

so was the white fellas

Check even the open racist policy was only abolished back in 1970s, on wonder the racist mindset of the Aussies is still very deep rooted.

White Australia policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just admit that Australia is one of the most racist nation in the World, and we want to the improvement by action, not the constant denial.

thats a fully current policy isnt it wow a whole 40 years ago and its still an australian policy is it reallyy?

if we are in denial its only because the other side of the offense is also in denial

oh wait we're racist because we dont have other ethnic backgrounds on the news of the 3 main free to air telivision channels and they dont show stories of muslims and non muslims being freinds.

Hardly anyone gives a **** in australia if you bring back a ethnically different person as ur gf/bf can you say the same for chinese Parents i guess thats deep rooted in your culture though huh.Must mean your 1 of the most racist countrys in the world

http://www.thechinaexpat.com/racism-in-china/

I am not anti-Indian. I was responding specifically to your self-righteous claim that Indian students are meek, law-abiding people who just want to get along. I showed that Indians are among the worst offenders when it comes to immigration fraud.

It wasn't an immigration fraud as such. AM not supporting it, but nothing that was done, was illegal. If you have to blame anyone you should blame people who were running these "colleges" and the regulatory body CRICOS. Students just misused the loop hole in the system, with the help of these "colleges" and migration agent . BTW last I heard more than half of those Chefs and Hairdressers still haven't got their residency. Its certainly not the same as the pious deeds of say Skaf brothers.

Where did I claim that it was exclusively Indian? I said it was predominantly Indian and your VET data proves it. Keep in mind that VET also includes legitimate VET students. The Indian abuse of the hairdressing/cookery sham was so ridiculously extreme that it became synonymous with the term Indian 'student'.

If you look at the ratio of VET:Higher Education its about the same for all the countries. Indians stick out cause they were bigger in number. Check out the numbers of Bangladeshis and Nepalese from the link I provided.

The whole shortage was drummed up. If there was such a bona fide shortage of hairdressers and short-order cooks, how come so many of the Indian 'students' couldn't find jobs -- the ones that actually studied what they claimed to study, that is?

There are jobs, Indians students just like local people don't want to work in these industries. Thats why Department of Immigration has brought in changes now to make sure people work in their nominated profession for 3-5 years after getting their residency, and the skill shortage is fulfilled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom