What's new

How many aircraft carriers does the Islamic world have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most countries operate aircraft carriers as an offensive tool for "power projection" like Americans, Brits, French, Russians (to a lesser extent), and in the future, maybe the Chinese. Some other countries purchased them as vanity projects, like India, Thailand, Brazil etc. The second category of countries purchased 60 or 50 year old aircraft carriers to show-off their power. Thailand's 11,000 ton aircraft carrier does not even operate most of the time because it's too costly to operate.

Another false statement in your initial post was that only one Muslim (majority) country has any helicopter carrying naval vessel. Sorry, don't you know that Indonesia already operates at least 5 LPDs? Most of them were built in Indonesia at PT PAL.

The brief lesson for you is that don't use Wikipedia to enhance your knowledge, ever. It's a site meant for complete ignoramuses.

The Makassar class Indonesian LPD's were designed by Korean company, and the first two were built in Korea, the next two built in Indonesia with Korean assistance and expertize. There is nothing wrong with wikipedia as long as you cross check the references.

The Makassar class is a class of 4 Landing Platform Docks designed for the Indonesian Navy by Daesun Shipbuilding & Engineering Co. of South Korea and based on the earlier Tanjung Dalpele class. The US$150 million dollar contract was signed in December 2004[1] and the first two units were built in Busan, South Korea. The remaining two was built at Indonesia's PT PAL shipyard in Surabaya with assistance from Daesun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRI_Makassar_class

It is really funny that only people in this fouroum from Pak and BD talk about muslim world...where as none of the developed Islamic nations are lease bothered to associate themselves with any any comparison called Islamic/Muslim world....

I think we should truly respect for nation such as Iran/Turkey/Indonesia/Malaysia for their achievements...And these countries
have achieved not because they are born Muslim..Rather they have prioritization education, health care and other social improvements in their country rather than spreading hate and unnecessary venom towards other people... Apart from these mentioned countries....I feel rest of the Muslim countries simply tries to take the credit of what these mentioned nations are done rather than doing anything by themselves....

It is really funny that only people in this fouroum from Pak and BD talk about muslim world...where as none of the developed Islamic nations are lease bothered to associate themselves with any any comparison called Islamic/Muslim world....

I think we should truly respect for nation such as Iran/Turkey/Indonesia/Malaysia for their achievements...And these countries
have achieved not because they are born Muslim..Rather they have prioritization education, health care and other social improvements in their country rather than spreading hate and unnecessary venom towards other people... Apart from these mentioned countries....I feel rest of the Muslim countries simply tries to take the credit of what these mentioned nations are done rather than doing anything by themselves....

*End of Sarcasm* i had my share of fun in this thread. :lol:

Kaniska: Right on mate! Now how do I explain that to my pious countrymen? I tried explaining in English and Bengali - i guess the only option left is to turn to Arabic. I suggest you also translate your post to Arabic^^. :D

India has the world's largest number of illiterate and poor, and here you are saying the "Islamic world" is way behind in technology? Indian illiteracy on show!

That is not true. Average literacy in India is 75.06% including Indian Muslims, would be a bit higher if you exclude the muslim population. Average literacy of Islamic countries is still dwindling around 50-60% mark. So Muslim World if taken as a single entity is the most illiterate.

Do you know that Iran builds midget subs? Do you know that Indonesia is going to assemble submarines under T-o-T from Korea (who probably obtained license from Germany) for submarine manufacture?

Iranian Midget Sub is nothing by North Korean Yono class midget submarine. A lot of countries build/assemble submarine with TOT. Example Pakistan build Agosta in Karachi. India built type 209 in Mazgaon, Mubai and will be building 6 French scorpene. Its not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom