What's new

How much does a ak 47 original cost in pakistan?

Raja420

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I talked to one dealer and he said 250,000 original Russian ak 47 never been used. One person told me that's too low for an ak.

A single bullet he's selling for 170 rupees.

It's my first time buying a gun so help a brother out.

Sir sometimes one gets outnumbered and overpowered. A pistol would do in close quarters.
One of the biggest challenges in situations is speed of deployment. I have numerous examples of people I know personally who had weapons (both handguns and assault rifles), but lost out because they lost the advantage of speed, timing, surprise. The best thing is avoid getting caught in a trap (know your surroundings, or where you are going with the threats that you might encounter - and keep a keen eye for those sort of situations developing), and once unfortunately in it extricate as fast as you can. Only in movies do you have the time to get our, take position, and put out effective firepower. In real life you'll be lucky getting out of your car.

My uncle has two in our village house in South Punjab and he has only taken them out twice. Once to shoot a wild board destroying crops that had come over from India and the second time was when dacoits came to rob our village.

He told me he squeezed the trigger for like 2 seconds and they went running through the fields like pagal kuttay in the middle of the night. :lol:
Your uncle was lucky. Wild boar I get it - even a good rifle or shotgun can handle them. With the dacoits, again lucky, if they were seasoned or had good numerical advantage - things might have ended worse off. Also he likely surprised them and they prob were unaware. Now they are aware, so will (if they want) come better prepared. Also they know this household has a desirable weapon, so likely of them returning just to get their hands on it increases as well. Though I think for place in South Punjab and near Kacha areas - it is good to have. Though defense of such areas should be community borne as the threats are much larger and more dangerous.

Upvote 0
One of the biggest challenges in situations is speed of deployment. I have numerous examples of people I know personally who had weapons (both handguns and assault rifles), but lost out because they lost the advantage of speed, timing, surprise. The best thing is avoid getting caught in a trap (know your surroundings, or where you are going with the threats that you might encounter - and keep a keen eye for those sort of situations developing), and once unfortunately in it extricate as fast as you can. Only in movies do you have the time to get our, take position, and put out effective firepower. In real life you'll be lucky getting out of your car.

Your uncle was lucky. Wild boar I get it - even a good rifle or shotgun can handle them. With the dacoits, again lucky, if they were seasoned or had good numerical advantage - things might have ended worse off. Also he likely surprised them and they prob were unaware. Now they are aware, so will (if they want) come better prepared. Also they know this household has a desirable weapon, so likely of them returning just to get their hands on it increases as well. Though I think for place in South Punjab and near Kacha areas - it is good to have. Though defense of such areas should be community borne as the threats are much larger and more dangerous.

He went on to the roof and fired into the field. My uncle is a crazy guy when he’s pissed off and unlike the dacoits, he knew the land like the back of his hand. He said he could see them crouched in an irrigation canal.

He said he fired to scare them and not to hit them, but popped off shots twice from different positions to make them think there is more than 1 guy shooting at them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ak's are PB (Prohibited Bore) meaning you as an ordinary civilian can't obtain a license to possess one lawfully.

Hence this discussion is pointless. If you are looking for a good self defence weapon consider a pump action 12guage or a pistol which are cheaper, licenses are easier to obtain and the best part is that you wont get visited by black Vigo's for trying to buy one.
قانون صرف عوام کے لیے ہے کیا سر ؟ مریم ضمانت پر 3 سال سے گھوم رہی ہے ۔ نازا چور مریض باہر گیا آج تک نہیں آیا شوبازہ زرداری ککڑی سب قانون سے بالاتر ہیں ؟ میں لعنت بھیجتا ہوں ایسے قانون پر ۔ عوام کی مرضی اے کے 47 خریدے یا ٹی90 ٹینک اب

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can count on my single digit, times I've been in an altercation in Pakistani streets.

None warranted the use of a firearm.

You'd argue you'd need one in Karachi. I have extended family in Karachi and they don't feel the need for one either.
No Sir, not Karachi. I was actually speaking from the POV of street crime I had experienced in Islo. I was outnumbered and surprised. Numerous attempts were made to knock me out by attacking my spinal cord. My neck was bruised. When it didn`t work, my jugular vein was targeted. But the cut missed it. My front lateral incisor too was broken. All because they wanted my wallet and cellphone. I didn`t resist for once. Yet the one at my back continued with violence. He meant serious harm. I would have definitely shot them both dead in self defense because I saw them walking away and I couldn`t do a jack.

But what Sir @akramishaqkhan has said, I still might never have had a chance despite being armed.

Nonetheless, I don`t want to re-experience it again. Though I have still not applied for any weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No Sir, not Karachi. I was actually speaking from the POV of street crime I had experienced in Islo. I was outnumbered and surprised. Numerous attempts were made to knock me out by attacking my spinal cord. My neck was bruised. When it didn`t work, my jugular vein was targeted. But the cut missed it. My front lateral incisor too was broken. All because they wanted my wallet and cellphone. I didn`t resist for once. Yet the one at my back continued with violence. He meant serious harm. I would have definitely shot them both dead in self defense because I saw them walking away and I couldn`t do a jack.

But what Sir @akramishaqkhan has said, I still might never have had a chance despite being armed.

Nonetheless, I don`t want to re-experience it again. Though I have still have not applied for any weapon.
Your experience, however unfortunate, is an exception not the rule.

It all comes down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and even a person with a military background might not be able to do jack about it (Army Major incident in Isl IIRC where he was thrashed).

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that friend. It's depressing to see the street crime situation in the country.

I hope you have completely recovered and are doing well.
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Yes I have recovered. Had stitches on the neck, RCT and a dental veneer.
Physically I have healed but mentally it has cultivated an insecurity which causes adrenaline rush everytime I discuss this tragedy.

Upvote 0
I talked to one dealer and he said 250,000 original Russian ak 47 never been used. One person told me that's too low for an ak.

A single bullet he's selling for 170 rupees.

It's my first time buying a gun so help a brother out.

Price is 700K plus and it will be a used one. No chance to get an unused genuine in Pakistan.

Upvote 0
You will waste 2.5 Lacs on a Gun ? buy a small handgun for protection if that's what you want, and use the rest of money to help poor, wasting 2.5 lac on a freaking gun is beyond me.

Upvote 0

Nonetheless, I don`t want to re-experience it again. Though I have still not applied for any weapon.
Terrible story to hear. One is very helpless in situations like this, unless a good samaritan assess and reacts to such situations. Which is why as citizens we must be responsible gun owners and look out for and support each other. On your end when you are locked into such a scenario that best thing to do is comply. Usually such events go by with little body injuries. These "bast***s" were likely cruel and evil people, who have over time built a penchant to inflict pain. There is a mental pathology here that one can see. Glad you made it out alive as that is the most important thing. In situations like this if you have notice prior to engagement and are armed, then yes you can do something. But here too these gangs usually have multiple armed people, some floating just outside of the ring of action. They act as lookouts, backups and escape paths. If you engage with the core group they come in as well. Some of them have long guns, so dealing with a TT pistol person suddenly becomes a long gun fight, that if you are armed with a pistol, you'll always lose. Which is why compliance and getting out alive is the best option.

Sorry to hear about this, and hope you recover fully, physically and mentally.

Upvote 0

Back
Top Bottom