What's new

HQ 9 / FD2000 spotted in Pakistan

Hq is not better than S 300 pakistan should have bought directly S 350 vityaz rather than these

A good day for Pakistan air defence keeps away the dirty flies from the Indian side.

What good is any tech when the Docile Duo will order NOT to engage for fear of escalation

"Pakistan previously showed interest in Russia’s S-300 SAM system, but analyst and former Australian defense attache to Islamabad Brian Cloughley says Russo-Indian defense relations may prevent such a sale.

“As the Indians are getting the S-400, I doubt that Russia would provide Pakistan with any SAM system,
Rather, Pakistan might reconsider another former interest — China’s HQ-9. Though certainly more affordable, it’s debatable whether any HQ-9 variant available to Pakistan is as capable as the latest version of the S-300.

However, citing the “close nature of the defense relationship between Pakistan and China,” aerospace expert Douglas Barrie, with the International Institute for Strategic Studies, believes sourcing a Chinese system “has considerable attraction, not least of all in potentially being able to plug into any future developments China might have.”

But an HQ-9 acquisition may demand organizational changes.

Tufail noted that although the Pakistan Air Force is “responsible for the overall command and control of air defense and operates all early warning airborne [systems] and radars” as well as airfield defenses, the Army operates SAM systems that defend “countrywide vulnerable areas/points as well as over the battlefield.” However, long-range SAM systems would need to be under Air Force control, Tufail added, as the service has “a far greater visibility of the air defense ground environment and can not only manage such a system better, but can prevent fratricide in a [beyond-visual-range] shooting scenario."

While the acquisition of a long-range SAM system remains possible"

As far as air defence is concerned I believe there is no change in the role of PAF , However,dynamics of war has changed a lot. Modern weapon systems pose serious threats to mechanized columns of army which have gone beyond shoulder fired or similar systems. Right at the outset PAF will be busy to engage its own targets and may not be available to army all the time additionally army has larger presence foot print due to it size and nature of operations. All radars and major air defence systems are linked under PAF command and act accordingly.

What good is any tech when the Docile Duo will order NOT to engage for fear of escalation

Bro all in good time and we will choose our time wisely and our own choosing. So be patient and make yourself strong enough first to be able to take on the enemy.

Bro all in good time and we will choose our time wisely and our own choosing. So be patient and make yourself strong enough first to be able to take on the enemy.

Nobody is saying start a huge conventional war.

We are not becoming any stronger by the looks of things --- so I have no more patience.

Pak air defense command headed by air chief and reporting to him is a 3 star , army air defense Corp is netted into oaf network and reports to pak/paf air defense command other air Debacle of Iran type or India type cannot be avoided

back in gulf war pac patriot did fire on friendlies but fortunately Missed

i heard that PAF got 3 batteries of HQ-9, but only one delivered so far ?

if u dont mind please share source of these 3 batteries or a hint . Thanks .

Sire I said I heard, because negotiations and planning was there starting 2017 and in many threads it was quoted that HQ9 systems have been seen in certain areas with a deal for 3 batteries and one delivered. No official source just pdf chats.
Thats why i responded with a question mark.

Back
Top Bottom