What's new

Hyderabad and Ahmedabad have a lot of Muslims, they will all support Pakistan team

If found doing so on camera, it will be difficult for them after the event...unsure about hyderabad but in gujarat, no no..election next year, u know what i mean?

You are simply endorsing a stereotype from individuals who are prejudiced to beleive that if at all there is fans exits in India for PAk cricket team then it would be from Muslims.

Pakistan and its people has to realize that someone can love Babar Azam and also nationalistic Hindu Indian together.

Again, such kind of illletarte do not exists on your side only, we will find plenty on our side too.

One of the reasons i keep focusing on this aspect is to communicate to at least PDF guys that do not assume that if you have any support then it is only by Indian who are Muslims.
There is no doubt there is a large non-Muslim community who likes Pakistani players including Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen.

Same as a large Pakistani community who likes Virat Kohli, Dhoni and few other Indian players. (I am giving you a list of players that I liked from Indian cricket).

I had no intentions to create a stereotype but merely pointing out on the fact that the areas with lesser BJP thugs, the players have revealed less problems.

To be honest with you, I have spent 24 years in Uk around Pakistani and Indian communities and hardly find any difference between the two regardless of the religion. It is not just the religion that effects your behaviour but the culture, upbringing and many other factors and besides religion there are few differences to point out like Nawaz Sharif said in his speech once upon a time and heavily criticised for that.

I don’t know about others but when a normal human thinks about cricket, they are not thinking about religion at that particular time.

His statement was taken in wrong context. Our players given similar statements in the past.. what they mean is.. if they play at Delhi, Mohali or any other places with little Muslim population, they notice less crowd support for Pakistan. It seems like we are in a battle zone.

But in Hyderabad the crowd support is visibly bigger, it could be because there is a higher population of Muslim in Hyderabad.

Nothing wrong in giving a statement about his personal opinion.

PS: An example is, when we went to play in Delhi back in 1997, the pitch was destroyed by members of Shiva Sena and they did not let the game being played in the capital of India.

In contrast, the game is played smoothly, almost controversy-free in Hyderabad.
Hyderabad State was also forcibly annexed. I guess there are still some Muslims there who'd desire (albeit as a dream) their own state or joining Pakistan (ala Kashmir).

Then why bring muslim card?

Isn't Pakistan more creating problems by giving statement on time to time basis about Indian Muslims, between hindu and muslim?

Sorry but this is biggest problem of Pakistan. How they came to conclusion that there were not hindu?

without playing victim card how can they even get media attention

Hyderabad likewise was militarily annexed against the wishes of the people by Indian armed forces.

Hyderabad State was also forcibly annexed. I guess there are still some Muslims there who'd desire (albeit as a dream) their own state or joining Pakistan (ala Kashmir).

Ask your team members presently in Hyderabad to put forward that claim in front of Local Hyderabadis and welcome to enjoy their reaction, but don't blame us for any damages.

Today's match against NZ must have given answer to fools like mushtaq who see everything through religion lenses...the match is literally being played with no audience at all.

At least BD vs SL match in Guwahati has some crowd supporting BD.

Cricket is passion in India and whoever it may be, if they are plying in India, then they will encouraged and appreciated.

There is no doubt there is a large non-Muslim community who likes Pakistani players including Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen.

Same as a large Pakistani community who likes Virat Kohli, Dhoni and few other Indian players. (I am giving you a list of players that I liked from Indian cricket).

I had no intentions to create a stereotype but merely pointing out on the fact that the areas with lesser BJP thugs, the players have revealed less problems.

To be honest with you, I have spent 24 years in Uk around Pakistani and Indian communities and hardly find any difference between the two regardless of the religion. It is not just the religion that effects your behaviour but the culture, upbringing and many other factors and besides religion there are few differences to point out like Nawaz Sharif said in his speech once upon a time and heavily criticised for that.

I don’t know about others but when a normal human thinks about cricket, they are not thinking about religion at that particular time.

I agree with you. But I believe the current Indian Govt will not allow any trouble for the Pakistan cricket team as they are in power. It is a different scenario if the BJP would be in opposition. Right-wing parties may have already started making noise if the BJP had been in opposition.

96% of the population of Junagadh was Hindu and it had no boundary with Pakistan

Only 13% of the population of Hyderabad state was Muslim and it was surrounded by India on all sides.
This is a testimony that Muslim rulers of the princely states were fair rulers and just administrators.
I am a Hyderabadi, lived all my life in the city. Have a ton of friends in old city, i can tell you with certainity there was never any real public support for Hyderabad state to join Pakistan. Even the majority local muslims who stayed back during partition gave no support to the Nizam's illogical demands.
India drastically changed the demographics soon after the military takeover of the state.
Ask your team members presently in Hyderabad to put forward that claim in front of Local Hyderabadis and welcome to enjoy their reaction, but don't blame us for any damages.

Gladly.

People in these states and districts regularly get told to move to Pakistan because of their faith.

Hmm interesting .
Good to see Muslims of India supporting the Pakistani cricket team .

I am a Hyderabadi, lived all my life in the city. Have a ton of friends in old city, i can tell you with certainity there was never any real public support for Hyderabad state to join Pakistan. Even the majority local muslims who stayed back during partition gave no support to the Nizam's illogical demands.
I'm Hyderabadi and lived among Hyderabadi Muslims outside of India (who either left before, at, or after partition to the West) all my life, I heard quite a diff story... it's one that's similar to a lot of Indian Muslims, i.e., "things were fine until they weren't." No particular loyalty to India.

Hindu trash attack Indian Muslims everyday and are now crying they support Pakistan 😂😂😂

The enemy of Indian Muslims, Sikhs and Christians is Hindus

So why should they be expected to support Hindu extremists and cricketers?

If found doing so on camera, it will be difficult for them after the event...unsure about hyderabad but in gujarat, no no..election next year, u know what i mean?

India is a communal shithole
Things are already difficult for them and others

They might as well stop supporting any Hindu whatsoever

You take care of your Muslims who are killing other Muslims within Paksiatn. Today itself you had three blasts.

Indians can look after themselves.

Muslims always must speak out for fellow Muslims against their enemy

You guys don't make any sense

You attack Indian Muslims day in day out, now Sikhs and Christians are being added to the list

So how can Indian Muslims give any loyalty to their enemy who attacks them every day?

I'm Hyderabadi and lived among Hyderabadi Muslims outside of India (who either left before, at, or after partition to the West) all my life, I heard quite a diff story... it's one that's similar to a lot of Indian Muslims, i.e., "things were fine until they weren't." No particular loyalty to India.
I donno dude, from my interactions and the time i spent in the city, there are tensions between the communities but no real threat to national unity. Sure the occasional anti India voice is heard but in the grand scheme of things there is no real anti India sentiment.

And there are always many sides to a story, not just two sides, and immigrants who left for the west will always have a different point of view about their mother land. I too live in the west and my view about India differs from an Indian living in India on many things.

This is a testimony that Muslim rulers of the princely states were fair rulers and just administrators.

India drastically changed the demographics soon after the military takeover of the state.
There was no demographic change of the state, infact the demography remained so in favor of the locala of the state that it eventually formed a separate state, Telangana more than 50 years after the police action.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom