What's new

I Stand With Imran Khan - please Share!!

Why should Pakistan be a security state? Why can't we be normal? What stops us from being normal? Why can't we prioritize GDP & HDI growth that give long term dividends & make states prosperous & powerful? Why do we wish to emulate North Korea or Egypt? Why is there a fetish for a strong leader instead of a strong & stable political-economic system?

Political generals & their puppets are even more corrupt. I will take a corrupt politician over a corrupt puppet of a corrupt general any day. We can get rid of politicians via elections, provided they be somewhat fair (2008, for example, despite documented rigging by Q-league).

Your mindset is the root of the real problem - keeping the country from evolving its system whereby the tolerance for corruption will progressively shrink. People who brainwashed you do not want you to think long-term. They want you to keep looking at the Army for political interference, which is the major driver of degradation that we see.
Because Pakistan isn't a monolithic state and has deep fault lines

There is Pakistan outside of GT road
When thousands die in two provinces due to a weak writ of state you don't counter that by further weakening it

Can I have a question? Lets say if IK takes anti establishment stance and PDM alligns with establishment then where you will be stand? Or betterment of Pakistan shareef should get the power?
I can not trust IK ever again, no matter what he does. There is only one way - he should apologize for his arrogance, admit to his faults, & promise to reform. His ego would not allow him to do this. His political career, or whatever is left of it, will also disappear. But I will support his position without reposing much trust in him.

Establishment is a player in politics, whether we like it or not. With an aim of reducing it to its original constitutional role, I will support whatever dispensation as is necessary, short of harming Pakistan.

Establishment is a player in politics, whether we like it or not. With an aim of reducing it to its original constitutional role, I will support whatever dispensation as is necessary, short of harming Pakistan.

With supporting the likes of Nawaz and Zardari, you are already harming Pakistan in your own way

Our establishment likes to play double game and a bit of noora khushti, it cultivates snakes who act against the state, yet the establishment tolerates them to be used and exploited at later stages, e.g. MQM, PPP/Hussain Haqqani, etc.

I too have no doubt establishment has decided to bring back the traitors because they are more easily controllable.

Because Pakistan isn't a monolithic state and has deep fault lines

There is Pakistan outside of GT road
When thousands die in two provinces due to a weak writ of state you don't counter that by further weakening it
What if what you write as weakness of Pakistan (weak writ of state) is the result of security-centered policy? Ever bother thinking along those lines? What if the fault lines are deepened by the state's own conduct in pursuit of what it considers (or excuses in the name of) Security?

Wasn't Balochistan tranquil before Musharraf's many idiocies? Did his policy (or really the lack of it) resulted in providing R&AW a secure footing inside Balochistan? Indians had been trying, as newspaper reports suggested, but without much success. Mushy just gifted them an insurgency.

There is a lesson in this for you, provided you wish to understand. If not, we are at the end of our conversation.

With supporting the likes of Nawaz and Zardari, you are already harming Pakistan in your own way
I don't care for your infantile knee jerks that you think are opinions, Mr. cry baby.

I fully support the military "ONE RULE" NOW in Pakistan after seeing people still believe that a core to corrupt, convict, and blackmailer NS is a saint and a "Politician". Every country has different dynamics whereas, in Pakistan, we have strong foreign interference. Our politicians are mafia. They are compromised and playing in the hands of the international establishment. Thanks to the last tenure of NS who cleared my doubts. These criminals in the form of politicians have no democratic credentials nor their minds and politics are based on democracy. We have seen how he delt against the Army for no reason. On one end you're continuously poking your nose in others' internal matters and decision making despite knowing that you don't have the power to face them once they turned against you. But wait, that panga provides these political bigots a lifeline to take advantage of circumstances and fool their illiterate brain-dead alien supporters' by driving a narrative meray khelaaf conspiracy ki hey fooj nay. The fact of the matter is, these criminals are the real culprit of our worst democracy. Army brought them into power to run the state but instead of focusing on the governance, these convicts start challenging the state upright without any credible performance. Look what kind of laws they've passed in the past 10 years. You will clearly understand the intentions from 18 amendments (blackmail state whenever you ask them about the taxpayer money) to dual nationality.
You are calling for sedition. You are actually provoking Pakistan's Armed Forces to rebel. Shame on you.

I can not trust IK ever again, no matter what he does. There is only one way - he should apologize for his arrogance, admit to his faults, & promise to reform. His ego would not allow him to do this. His political career, or whatever is left of it, will also disappear. But I will support his position without reposing much trust in him.

And what about shareefs? My 2nd part? They are getting power again as usual with no morality, more corruption, ethnic punjabi politics, and of course military shareef corruption alliance, whats your stance.

It isn't democracy but meritocracy that is the key to success.

Countries where meritocracy can be achieved through a democratic process are going to have stable and forward looking governments.
Democracy is meritocracy. But you do not understand the system in those terms. For you sedition, rebellion, & involvement of Army in politics is meritocracy. Its a shame that you have been brought up to believe in vivid contradictions.

What can be more meritocratic than genuinely elected politicians, as opposed to Martial Law, Hybrid Regime, or ruling by proxy? Democracy has not taken root & the norms have not been established. It is the direct fault of those who lust after army's intervention in politics, whether they be dictators, political generals, their lackeys, those who benefit from such dacoity on constitution, or just random idiots who know not anything better.

Political parties are eco-systems that create leadership. We are stuck in a dynastic phase of political parties & it would take a handful of election cycles to improve the ecosystem of political parties. There is no reason why we should not be as well established as Japan, or Korea, or any of the many other normal countries.

Stop creating false equivalences because you do not understand anything relevant. You are just a random shill who benefits from the status quo of security-centered policies.

Just one case out of so many military ruled countries. More of an exception than the rule.

What I mentioned is majority of the cases. Hence, the chances are that a military rule would ruin a country more often than not.

There can be counter argument to my statement too. Democracies also can be a failure.
But when we compare same countries under military and other kind of rules then the military rules were worse more often.
Under Ayub's military dictatorship Pakistan had the same high growth trajectory and Zia managed 6% average growth rate as well.

I don't care for your infantile knee jerks that you think are opinions, Mr. cry baby.

You can call it knee jerks and what not

But your support to corrupts and the evil on the name of "supporting constitution" won't be overlooked

You are supporting the murderers like Jam Karim and Masood Chaprasi on the name of constitution

What can be more evil than that?

And what about shareefs? My 2nd part? They are getting power again as usual with no morality, more corruption, ethnic punjabi politics, and of course military shareef corruption alliance, whats your stance.
How can you substantiate any of these allegations? Take the most recent 2013-18 tenure and provide concrete facts, & then we'll talk.

There is no military shareef alliance. If anything, Military is ruing its foray in politics by propping IK. Withdrawing support for IK may seem like an alliance to you, but the problem lies with your expectations that military would continue to support IK despite his detrimental role to the country, its economy, its governance, & its systems.

Under Ayub's military dictatorship Pakistan had the same high growth trajectory and Zia managed 6% average growth rate as well.
Pakistan achieved 5.5-5.8 % only four years ago, without selling the country to Americans. Thank you.

You can call it knee jerks and what not

But your support to corrupts and the evil on the name of "supporting constitution" won't be overlooked

You are supporting the murderers like Jam Karim and Masood Chaprasi on the name of constitution

What can be more evil than that?
What will not be overlooked is your call to sedition. You are willfully calling for weakening of the country because you want it to become a weak nation, a weak economy, & a country with broken systems.

What we have clearly seen is the ineptitude is much worse than corruption or the perception of corruption.

I stand with Imran.
I used to too. Until I chose country over a personality.

How can you substantiate any of these allegations? Take the most recent 2013-18 tenure and provide concrete facts, & then we'll talk.

There is no military shareef alliance. If anything, Military is ruing its foray in politics by propping IK. Withdrawing support for IK may seem like an alliance to you, but the problem lies with your expectations that military would continue to support IK despite his detrimental role to the country, its economy, its governance, & its systems.

Pakistan achieved 5.5-5.8 % only four years ago, without selling the country to Americans. Thank you.
Now I get it. You are a shareef fan, not different then a jiyala, youthia or patwari. Unfortunate story of third class state of Pakistan. Goodluck.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom