What's new

IAF at Farkhor Air Base in Tajikistan present & future Ambitions

It is big news for me that we have 2 bases in Tajikistan . Can any confirm this with strong source.
Also wants to know is takistan member of shanghai cooperation. If yes then why it is allowing this thing to happen.

Phele let BMD be operational in India.

Besides i don't even think US has BMDs of covering such a large range.

why not? both US and Russia have BMDs which can intercept even ICBMs,
India is building its own version of these ICBM-interceptors, our's are called AD-1 and AD-2, these can
intercept missiles launched from 5,000+ kms away (i.e. ICBMs)

the project is in development now, it covers phase-ii of BMD programme

Indeed I have already but forgive me if I cant provide you with a "link" about what PAF briefings are on this matter ;)
the airbase itself and the presence of IAF is well established from countless pictures and news items.

for China and Pakistan this base presents a possible/ potential threat regardless of the fact how small or bit it is.
whether its active or dormant, whether its just a surveillance setup or actually aspired to spearhead possible attacks on Pakistan from the Western side is all down to personal opinion and assumptions.

but since the news of the IAF combat planes came out our Sakardu base has also got the visits and possible permanent stay of the F-16s. which means PAF is not dismissing the significance of that base.

the discussion will most probably move to what combat planes PAF can field there. we know F-16s are there now and so will be JF-17s which are replacing our legacy aircraft's that used to be stationed at Sakardu.

1207314.jpg

whatever the real purpose of the Farkhor Airbase. PAF is not taking any chances. I cant speak for the Chinese on how they see it. maybe someone from their side can comment on it.
This picture is surely breathtaking

Back
Top Bottom