What's new

IAF crew smashes C-130J into poll in Ladakh after landing, fleet now down to 4 aircraft

Here is how difficult, landing in THOISE (10000+ Ft) will be:
For those who do not know, Thoise is in the Shyok valley North of Leh at an altitude of 10059 ft or 3067 metres. The RW length in 1988 was only 6050 ft or 1845m. The Antonov-12 had never landed at Thoise, the RW being too short for that aircraft. Therefore, Thoise does not appear in the history books of 44 Squadron. That was changed by the IL-76 when Gp Capt Ashok Goel then Commanding Officer of 44 Squadron, did the trial landing at Thoise in 1986. He followed exactly the same procedure as laid down by the Packets of 12 Squadron, 19 Squadron, 48 Squadron and Paratrooper Training School (PTS) involving 2-3 sharp 90 deg turns before finally aligning with RW 29, river Shyok flowing Westwards, just North and to the right side of the approach path. The mountains on either side are overwhelming and rise ever so sharply from the riverbed. The IL-76, at the time of writing, the largest aircraft to ever land at Thoise, is totally dwarfed and rendered insignificant against the sheer majesty of the Himalayas.
And here is the Key takeaway:
Group Captain Chatrath, along with his co-pilot and weapons systems operator, in turn, was on a night sortie on the C-130J to the military airfield at Thoise, which is the staging area for the Siachen Glacier-Saltoro Ridge region, when the accident took place on December 13.
So all the armchair idiots going "taxpayer rupee!!!" need to STFU and wait for the CoI to be finished.
The "Veiled Vipers" are a Special Ops squadron and have raised the bar since their formation, for flying a 70Ton MTOW behemoth in terrifying conditions.
Here is one example for the armchair pilots to see(and soil their track pants):
Altitude: 16614 Ft.
2afe7br.png

Last edited:
Wow the troll is back ! ... Posting a previous crash as current!
Well since you have a single brain cell then no one can help you.
How did you come to the conclusion that i was relating it to the current crash....genius.

Fokker is still confounded about how a plane carrying ACM crashes.
Really, when the IAF can mange to crash a jet on a motorcyclist there can't be much left to wonder,

That was a conspiracy, a mini gas bomb type blast inside the plane. Wrong reference.
You guys are unable to avoid a sabotage,that too on a military transport aircraft,that too on board by your supreme leader of that time. Yet making fun on IAF accident which caused on one of the world's toughest air field.

You guys are unable to avoid a sabotage,that too on a military transport aircraft,that too on board by your supreme leader of that time. Yet making fun on IAF accident which caused on one of the world's toughest air field.
Bullshit, what toughest airfield plane was taxing in wrong line, read article first, and probably the IAF pilot was drunk.

I am talking to an ignorant person, So no need to mind my tongue. However, be careful how you address other members.

And keep your idiotic reasoning to yourself and refrain from posting it in public.

And do not refer to a nation as Hindus. I perfectly understand what is the point you are trying to make.

Post reported.
Feel free to report my post.

Here is the Logical reasoning of subramanian swamy :

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...tifically-says-Swamy/articleshow/44843049.cms

If anything please contact him. I am merely using his analogy to enforce his idea, thats all. You should thank me for acually reinforcing the ideas odf saying all Indians are Hindus

Glad to see crew is safe. Plane can be repaired.
Ladakh is not easy to operate in with heavy laden crafts.
Accidents happen.

Atleast the IAF C-130 is repairable.

Two PAF C-130s collided into each other while on ground causing the death of 5 personnel and destruction of both Planes.
http://www.defencejournal.com/oct98/disastrous_collision.htm

Almost 6 decades of service.

From 60-2017.

You screwed over 2 in 1 year.

Lol , get a airfield at 5000 meters elevation first and then operate your C130s there. It will not take more than 1 flight each to find a accident for those B and H versions.

Remember this, if we want to operate this capability at 5,000 meters in rough weather , at night , we will have to take accidents !

The only way to avoid it is to stop operations there.

So called THOISE airfield is 3000+ meters.

Skardu AB is 2500 meters.

Very optimistic...
Please mantain this atitude.... good for us :lol:

Its is, because it isnt from the donations from the pakistani taxpayer...

Sad thing is its not even surprising!

crash a large plane, flip a boat, blow up a armament dump, just another day for the indian military

And dont worry everyone there is plenty of money to buy a new plane or unflip a boat, afterall its not like there are a few hundred million poverty striken people shitting in the open air that need help

First care for your own people and do the same to relief them from the same struggles instead of trolling.

Nope why would I burn ? The only thing that is burin is the jet that crashed

Its being repaired as we speak, so chill

Back
Top Bottom