What's new

IAF has '98' Su-30 MKIs; to have 230 by 2015: Defence Minister

Do you even think before you post? I really wonder sometimes.

And you think India pays cash for the MKIs it receives?
Every major purchase is financed. Its just depends on where the money is coming from. Pakistan will finance the purchase as do other countries.

It will pass IOC when the Peshawar based sqn re-equips with the JF-17 which is prior to December of this year, which means the TEF has to work out the problems and conduct the required sorties to make the platform attain IOC.

Have you ever used a credit card? Do you realize how it works? If you have a balance on it, do you HAVE to pay the principal off every month or do you make an installment payment? Obviously you could pay it all off if you had the money, but the governments have to see what makes sense for them. Maybe its better for them to hold the money so they can collect higher interest on the investment vs. paying off a liability such as the cost of the aircraft. So you cannot simply take $8 billion in Forex (they are actually close to $12 right now) and then think about the aid as a lump sum. The aid too is split across multiple years and may come in the form of money or credits to buy something. The point is that these transactions are not as simple as buying something for $2 billion and then paying them off with $2 billion and being done with it.

In the late 90s, I recall I had read that India was still paying off loans it had taken from the USSR government in the late 60s and 70s and these loans were on very low interest rates. Most of the countries have such long term debt that takes years to pay off.

Then they are some dip **** airforces. Pakistan has absorbed 30-40 aircraft within active sqns in a matter of months. Its all a matter of priority. Currently the JF-17 program is a very high-priority one. All else such as pilot training and logistics are put in place in accordance with that priority. PAF will ensure that we have the infrastructure and the pilot training in place to absorb 15-30 JF-17s/year at a minimum.

one of the best comeady report produced by u..!:chilli::taz::taz::victory::blah::blah:

Do you even think before you post? I really wonder sometimes.

And you think India pays cash for the MKIs it receives?
Every major purchase is financed. Its just depends on where the money is coming from. Pakistan will finance the purchase as do other countries.

It will pass IOC when the Peshawar based sqn re-equips with the JF-17 which is prior to December of this year, which means the TEF has to work out the problems and conduct the required sorties to make the platform attain IOC.

Have you ever used a credit card? Do you realize how it works? If you have a balance on it, do you HAVE to pay the principal off every month or do you make an installment payment? Obviously you could pay it all off if you had the money, but the governments have to see what makes sense for them. Maybe its better for them to hold the money so they can collect higher interest on the investment vs. paying off a liability such as the cost of the aircraft. So you cannot simply take $8 billion in Forex (they are actually close to $12 right now) and then think about the aid as a lump sum. The aid too is split across multiple years and may come in the form of money or credits to buy something. The point is that these transactions are not as simple as buying something for $2 billion and then paying them off with $2 billion and being done with it.

In the late 90s, I recall I had read that India was still paying off loans it had taken from the USSR government in the late 60s and 70s and these loans were on very low interest rates. Most of the countries have such long term debt that takes years to pay off.

Then they are some dip **** airforces. Pakistan has absorbed 30-40 aircraft within active sqns in a matter of months. Its all a matter of priority. Currently the JF-17 program is a very high-priority one. All else such as pilot training and logistics are put in place in accordance with that priority. PAF will ensure that we have the infrastructure and the pilot training in place to absorb 15-30 JF-17s/year at a minimum.

i don't think the point of the "soft loan" argument was paying cash or not, but simply the ability to pay, and right now pakistan doesn't have the ability to pay for so many jf-17s, and the fact that it was a soft loan proves that. did u hear of any soft loans when the mki deal was signed? and if they dont pay in cash what are they going to pay it in? last year almost 2 billion was unused by the mod. ur going to pay for it anyway why not now?

and yes 30 a year is a LOT of airplanes and i doubt all 42 of the 1st batch will arrive before 2012, and blk 2 wont be easier unless ur upgrading processors and other modular things.

i don't think the point of the "soft loan" argument was paying cash or not, but simply the ability to pay, and right now pakistan doesn't have the ability to pay for so many jf-17s, and the fact that it was a soft loan proves that. did u hear of any soft loans when the mki deal was signed? and if they dont pay in cash what are they going to pay it in? last year almost 2 billion was unused by the mod. ur going to pay for it anyway why not now?

There is no such a thing as a soft loan etc. etc. CATIC extended a loan to the PAF to purchase the aircraft. There is interest to be paid on that loan just like any other even if PAF had gone through the SBP. Secondly, aircraft payments are staggered. There is a Armed Forces Development Plan in place because the GoP has promised to provide funding to meet the requirements of the plan every year. The funding is used to make installment payments for the acquisitions. Pakistan went to CATIC to acquire credit and the AFDP will ensure that as projected, the payments to CATIC would be made accordingly for not only the first batch, but subsequent ones as well.

GoI did not pay cash upfront for the MKIs. A certain percentage of the deal is paid upfront, the rest with interest is paid over the course of acquisition.

and yes 30 a year is a LOT of airplanes and i doubt all 42 of the 1st batch will arrive before 2012, and blk 2 wont be easier unless ur upgrading processors and other modular things.

Again it depends on what the priorities are. Pakistan is phasing out the entire A-5 wing. Which means that PAF will require in excess of 30 aircraft to replace the A-5s and they need these aircraft in a hurry.
Upgrades being linked to a blk-2 are misleading. Instead of blks, PAF will upgrade the JF-17s overtime as the aircraft go in for overhauling. New capabilities will be integrated inside of Pakistan by the PAC.

The decision by Pakistan to Halve the number of F16/52 from 36 TO 18 SAID IT ALL to me.

The sole reason was Financial. The PAF swear by the F16/52 and the Amraam missle. They have been battling for 15 years to buy more to acquire more
F16S..

I do believe JF17 will become the back bone of PAF and i can see an upgrade of new engine and radar/electronics as well but i think these will turn out to be gradual chinease improvements eg Chinease AESA and the chinease engine WITH TVC prehaps.

But no way in the time frame mentioned.

12 months ago i read an article in Air forces Monthly interveiw by ACM Tanvir he stated then by 2013 PAF wud have 50 JF17 THAT FIGURE seems realistic.

8 prototypes to IOC by end of this year (we only have 4 months left)

10 new JF17 NEXT YEAR OVER 12 MONTHS = 18 PLANES BY 2010-2011

2011-2012 induction grows to 15 per year = 33 planes

2012-2013 = 17 = 50 by 2013...

Even then this is depending on everything going smoothly to ioc next 6 months

In reply to Blain.

GoP has promised to provide funding to meet the requirements of the plan every year

Are you confident the Pakistan Gov,t can provide funding wen the country is in a financial state and fighting a costly WOT.

USA is proping up your fragile economy with grant aid and the IMF HAVE recently had to provide loans of $7 billion recently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom