What's new

IAF to deploy Apache strike helicopters at Indo-China border

The missiles today are far more agile than the Chopper will ever be. Today, what is far more valuable in combat is not maneuverability but ECM/EW. Apache outclasses Kamov in that aspect.

However i do agree, that there is a unique quality in quantity, and 22 Apache's are just not enough for even the Pakistani front, let alone the Chinese one.

But do you think that 22 Apaches will be final figure in service? You know how the MoD works usually.

There would be more undoubtedly. The problem at the moment is budget. The next budget is going to be very very tight on spending. So maybe after 2-3 years if the economy allows.

Mate can u give technical comparison of Apache vs wz-10, do u think they have any comparison, and according to me chinese r intelligent people and surely they r not like u who always underestimate others.
:) Do you think there is any comparison between India and China? Two dozen Apache simply cannot alter the strategic balance that is shifting more in China's favor every year.

Attack helicopters not any chinese mobile to produce hundreds... If you did, then china will become another USSR.... China got 1.5 Billion population..... you guys still have long road to become developed country.....

Yes we are poor, and we are happy with what we are buying .... why you are crying here? Kids will never change...... start your megaton frat...

can you mobilize those tankers into high terrains?
China is 6x wealthier than India. We already have strategic railways and airbases in Tibet. We even put main battle tanks in strategic places like Aksai Chin.

:) Do you think there is any comparison between India and China? Two dozen Apache simply cannot alter the strategic balance that is shifting more in China's favor every year.

China is 6x wealthier than India. We already have strategic railways and airbases in Tibet. We even put main battle tanks in strategic places like Aksai Chin.

6x is useless.... coz

trillion of USD is in USA.. useless
most of GDP due to making cheap products.. useless in war
IAF and IN >>>> PLAAF and PLAN and IA>>>PLA
1 MKI would take down 10 J-10s.

We will strike down all the railways and airbases with Brahmos and Nirbhays and then IA would march into TIbet and make it free. and MKIs would ensure complete air superiority over Tibet.

The surrendering PLA soldiers would be treated well by India.

IN would completely block all Chinese trade in Indian Ocean. We would also give freedom to Tibet.

In the avionics and weapons suite department the Apache (E) outclasses the KA-50 easily mate,

On paper, but keep in mind what of it will really be diverted to export versions, what will be useful for export customers like India and what a Russian helicopter with the usual customised (Israeli) avionic upgrade would be able to do.

Dude, are you a new born? Can't you just do a primary research then laugh? WZ-10 better than Apache? OMG ::hitwall:
Apache anti-tank capability is better than WZ-10, but WZ-10 is Design for anti-tank and air-to-air.
air-to-air capability better than Apache.

PLA have more powerful weapon for anti-tank,so wz-10 can only carry air-to-air missile to air-to-air missions.
Can your Apache ?

However i do agree, that there is a unique quality in quantity, and 22 Apache's are just not enough for even the Pakistani front, let alone the Chinese one.

That's why our base will be huge numbers of Rudras/LCH and why there is no need for high numbers of foreign combat helicopters anymore, unless it would be a Comanche!

There is no doubt that the Apache is a highly capable helicopter, but the general view that it is far superior to others (espcially in fire power) is nonesense. The common weapon mix of Apache is 8 x Hellfire + 2 Rocket pods, the same mix that LCH will have too, with the only possible difference, that the LCH uses smaller rocket pods, which reduces the number of rockets. Even if fully equipped for the anti tank role, the Apache would carry 16 x Hellfire at max, from what we know so far, LCH can take 12, so only 2 less per wing.

From the avionics point of view LCH will offer latest EW sensors and capabilities as well, partially even better that what the Apache offers, what it currently lacks is the mast mounted radar of the longbow, but even that can be added later and on lighter versions, so that's not a real point either.

We can get LCHs in high numbers with each at least at 70% of the combat performance of an Apache today, so why should we pay so much to add more Apaches? We could simply by a mast mounted radar and a few avionic/weapon upgrades and could make LCH even better for less money.

Helicopters are the only indigenous sector of the aero field, where we are doing good, especially with Dhruv varients, so we should support this field with long term projects, instead of buying too many foreign helicopters of current generation instead.

There would be more undoubtedly. The problem at the moment is budget. The next budget is going to be very very tight on spending. So maybe after 2-3 years if the economy allows.

There won't be more (at least for IAF), because they are just meant to be a replacement for 22 x Mi35s, the air Chief even stated at AI that the contract for the 22 Apaches would be signed soon.

Apache will not work against china,China has got enough power on its own,rather to keep on purchasing weapons like India.......who is still dependent on super powers.:P

That's why our base will be huge numbers of Rudras/LCH and why there is no need for high numbers of foreign combat helicopters anymore, unless it would be a Comanche!

There is no doubt that the Apache is a highly capable helicopter, but the general view that it is far superior to others (espcially in fire power) is nonesense. The common weapon mix of Apache is 8 x Hellfire + 2 Rocket pods, the same mix that LCH will have too, with the only possible difference, that the LCH uses smaller rocket pods, which reduces the number of rockets. Even if fully equipped for the anti tank role, the Apache would carry 16 x Hellfire at max, from what we know so far, LCH can take 12, so only 2 less per wing.

From the avionics point of view LCH will offer latest EW sensors and capabilities as well, partially even better that what the Apache offers, what it currently lacks is the mast mounted radar of the longbow, but even that can be added later and on lighter versions, so that's not a real point either.

We can get LCHs in high numbers with each at least at 70% of the combat performance of an Apache today, so why should we pay so much to add more Apaches? We could simply by a mast mounted radar and a few avionic/weapon upgrades and could make LCH even better for less money.

Helicopters are the only indigenous sector of the aero field, where we are doing good, especially with Dhruv varients, so we should support this field with long term projects, instead of buying too many foreign helicopters of current generation instead.

There won't be more (at least for IAF), because they are just meant to be a replacement for 22 x Mi35s, the air Chief even stated at AI that the contract for the 22 Apaches would be signed soon.

The IA may order them. Ultimately IA wants a dedicated heavy attack chopper sqdrn for every Strike Corps. That means atleast 3 sqdrns. So beyond that number yes, the LCH/WSI Dhruv will form the backbone of the fleet, but the leading edge appear to be the Apache's.

Ok I don't know much about millitary tech but I will try

China:
1 It has just entered in the field in making attack choppers I think wz-10 is the first attack chopper
2 china currently has no experience in operating choppers some exercises I guess but no real war experience

USA:
1 it has decades of experience on making attack choppers & other choppers to
2 it has decades of experience with operating choppers so they will also be modifying it side by side

Conclusion: USA Is better in this field
P.S I have immense respect for Chinese but you have to admit where you are lagging so to improve on that field

Ok I don't know much about millitary tech but I will try

China:
1 It has just entered in the field in making attack choppers I think wz-10 is the first attack chopper
2 china currently has no experience in operating choppers some exercises I guess but no real war experience

USA:
1 it has decades of experience on making attack choppers & other choppers to
2 it has decades of experience with operating choppers so they will also be modifying it side by side

Conclusion: USA Is better in this field
P.S I have immense respect for Chinese but you have to admit where you are lagging so to improve on that field

But you have to admit that India is not U.S, even you have the high tech toys doesn't mean you could operate this machine as how American did.

The IA may order them. Ultimately IA wants a dedicated heavy attack chopper sqdrn for every Strike Corps. That means atleast 3 sqdrns.

They never said they want a heavy helicopter, just that they want attack helicopters, but if the Apaches would be diverted, they would go for 3 squads, but that's still only a total of 33 x helicopters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom