What's new

ICC 2010 Twenty20 World Cup THREAD

This is why T20 was introduced....just entertainment....singh is always the king...enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:
sht man

i will alwayz put my money on imran nazir(he is very good player on t20 side lines)

Yea he was good but wayward....but he would have been much better choice than the sifarshi Salman Butt....Butt will not only drop catches he will also lead to a slow start and then get out.....

I dont know how players like Butt keep on getting in the team.....everytime he is taken along....he is dropped after miserable performance,,,,then some time passes, ppl forget and he is given another chance......and this keeps on happening....

NO check no accountability for Mr. BUTT

my indian playing 11 would be

Murili vijay(bat)
gambhir(bat)
raina(bat/bowler)
yuvraj(bat/bowler)
dhoni(captain)
rohit(bat/bowler)
jadeja(bat/bowler)
harbhajan(bat/bowler)
zaheer(bowler)-can bat a bit
nehra(bowler)-not an mug with the bat
vinaykumar(bowler)-can bat a bit

u know wat if irfan had been picked i would taken him in the place of vinay kumar

Last edited:
my indian playing 11 would be

Murili vijay(bat)
gambhir(bat)
raina(bat/bowler)
yuvraj(bat/bowler)
dhoni(captain)
rohit(bat/bowler)
jadeja(bat/bowler)
harbhajan(bat/bowler)
zaheer(bowler)-can bat a bit
nehra(bowler)-nat an mug with the bat
vinaykumar(bowler)-can bat a bit

u know wat if irfan had been picked i would taken him in the place of vinay kumar

I would like yusuf Pathan(bat/bowler) in place of Jadeja..:pop:

You know, for the first time i think India can field two teams! look at the bench strength. If we were to make another India XI:

1) Naman Ojha
2) Saurav Ganguly/Manish pandey/Shikar Dhawan
3) Ambati Rayudu
4) Virat Kohli
5) Saurabh Tiwary
6) Robin Uthappa
7) Irfan Pathan
8) Amit Mishra
9) Ishant Sharma
10) RP Singh
11) Pragyan Ojha

and for the next four, to make a squad of 15

Manish pandey (opener), Subramanian Badrinath (middle order), Harmeet Singh (mdium pace)and Murali Karthik (spin)

All the batsmen and spinners have performed well in the IPL. Admittedly, Irfan, Ishant and RP haven't been performing with the ball, but we know that they can really make an impact if they hit form. But aside from the fast bowling, the team actually looks strong enough!

For all critics of IPL, this is the good that has come off it. It strengthened our team, and gave us enough bench strength. it gave youngsters an international exposure, playing against or with match winners like Steyn, Gayle, Murali and McCullum

For all critics of IPL, this is the good that has come off it. It strengthened our team, and gave us enough bench strength. it gave youngsters an international exposure, playing against or with match winners like Steyn, Gayle, Murali and McCullum
Hi
And still India lost to Pakistan in the last T20 world cup :oops:Rather all the so called match winners from the other teams got creamed.

^^^india and pakistan played oly warm up match

tat tooo india won(pakistan is yet to beat india in t20 format)

^^^india and pakistan played oly warm up match

tat tooo india won(pakistan is yet to beat india in t20 format)
Hi
You do know that who was the defending champion and lost the title to whom, i think you get my point now.

so do indian members think their match against Afghanistan woud be an easy victory??

Also last time Indian team couldnt impress as fatigue was blamed By coach Gary Kirsten. Fatigue due to IPL2.

This year again playing WC right after IPL3. What do you guys think? would it have any effect on your teams' performance?

Last edited:
so do indian members think there match against Afghanistan woud be an easy victory??

Alss last time Indian team couldnt impress as fatigue was blamed By coach Gary Kirsten. Fatigue due to IPL2.

This year again playing WC right after IPL3. What do you guys think? would it have any effect on your teams' performance?
Hi
nope they have already got it covered , Blamed it on Long travel already:azn:

Yea he was good but wayward....but he would have been much better choice than the sifarshi Salman Butt....Butt will not only drop catches he will also lead to a slow start and then get out.....

I dont know how players like Butt keep on getting in the team.....everytime he is taken along....he is dropped after miserable performance,,,,then some time passes, ppl forget and he is given another chance......and this keeps on happening....

NO check no accountability for Mr. BUTT

I am not a fan of Salman Butt, but i think you didn't watched RBS T20 cup..
His performance was extraordinary playing from Lahore Lions.:pop::pop:

I am not a fan of Salman Butt, but i think you didn't watched RBS T20 cup..
His performance was extraordinary playing from Lahore Lions.:pop::pop:

well if he is in the team and if he makes it to final 11 then i would wish and hope for him to fire for Pakistan. Its just that he has let team down on so many occasions specially with his butter fingers that i feel like i have soemthing personal against him....:hitwall:

Buy i hope he does well.

well if he is in the team and if he makes it to final 11 then i would wish and hope for him to fire for Pakistan. Its just that he has let team down on so many occasions specially with his butter fingers that i feel like i have soemthing personal against him....:hitwall:

Buy i hope he does well.

Keep praying for Pakistan, so unpredictable.....:angel:

Hi
And still India lost to Pakistan in the last T20 world cup :oops:Rather all the so called match winners from the other teams got creamed.

we lost because we played badly. As simple as that. Dont forget that Australia got kicked out in the opening stage. And they had a very strong team as well. any team that plays a couple of bad matches in a row will be almost surely eliminated.

I am not saying India will win this world cup (even though I really want them to!). For all I know, they could be kicked out in the opening stage.

The point i was trying to make with my post was that the IPL has given Indian youngsters an international exposure. It has facilitated the rise of Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Yusuf Pathan, Pragyan Ojha etc.

There was a time when India would struggle to make a team of 11 players. That issue is gone now, and we have so much bench strength that a second 11 can be assembled! This enables us to pick better squads for the future, since we will have a lot more players with international exposure.

Also, some fear that the Indian team might be exhausted after IPL. well, I'd prefer to look at the positive side. i think Indian players have had enough practice in the IPL. They have all undergone the trial by fire and will be ready to take on the world.

Back
Top Bottom